Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2006, 14:54   #31
BHPian

Ooii that is not a silver car and someone is trying to feed us porky pies here cos that aint the arabs house but emirates place hotel. I wonder why some people like elabrating stories!!!!

Last edited by BAD 130Y : 1st May 2006 at 14:56.
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:23   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
The arab royals may have the money but they certainly have no class.

I read once about a travel organiser who said that Indian royalty of the early 20th century had class but these arabs (despite all the money)have no class at all.
How can you be so sure man? Just because some travel organiser said so?

What you see today in Abu Dhabi and Dubai is modern royalty.....They have all kinds of things to spend on other than just emphasizing that they are royals.
I bet even if we were given all that money we would lead a life like that.And it would be hard for someone to even make out we arent royals.
Old 2nd May 2006, 21:54   #33

they can afford just anyhting.......and is made to order for them
Old 3rd May 2006, 22:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_lee
How can you be so sure man? Just because some travel organiser said so?

What you see today in Abu Dhabi and Dubai is modern royalty.....They have all kinds of things to spend on other than just emphasizing that they are royals.
I bet even if we were given all that money we would lead a life like that.And it would be hard for someone to even make out we arent royals.
u missed the point of "bigman"
Old 4th May 2006, 16:20   #35
BHPian

The pictures posted here....especially the one with the cars in front of the palace are actually pictures of the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi and those cars are used by the hotel to chauffeur their customers around.

http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/subphotolibrary.htm
Old 1st March 2008, 22:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Umm... I hate to break this to you guys but AFAIK, this isn't the Sheikh's car but it belongs to Mohammad bin Sulayem, a famous rally driver in the Gulf. I'm new around here but i'm sure there must have been atleast one thread on bin Sulayem's car collection on team-bhp! He loves his cars and has modified some wild stuff, like plonking an SLR engine into an SLK which beat an (his own) Enzo in a drag. He has an F40, F50 AND an Enzo. CLK-GTR, XJ220, Porsche Carrera GT are his other toys. He doesn't seem to buy anything short of a supercar.
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:18   #37
BHPian

Jaguar had an XJR in Frankfurt with the same sort of treatment in 2006 I think, it was supposed to show off their new all aluminium XJ. It is NOT silver.

and can someone please tell me what a GTI 'WR6' is?
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Now that's what I call a Chrome paint job. The one on the Govani's SL55 SUCKED big time. It was pretty 'wannabe'.
Old 3rd March 2008, 15:17   #39
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I remember distinctly when the A8 was revealed to the world at a motorshow. Since the car was a world first in terms of an aluminium space frame chassis and all aluminium skin, pioneering some high tech on aluminium welding etc the car had been buffed to a shine like the car in the pictures. This looks identical to that car.

It just might be an unpainted A8 buffed to that finish by Audi themselves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks