Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 06:21   #16
BHPian

Some interesting options that Nissan could consider include their Versa hatchback (Swift category) and the Versa-based sedan (Honda City category). While moving upwards they definitely can bring the Sentra (Civic/Corolla category) and the Rogue (CRV category).
I am not particularly impressed with the current Sentra though, while the Rogue is a very good competitor to the likes of Honda CRV/Toyota RAV4.
Old 27th May 2008, 14:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

I thought, the Sentra was the Honda City, Toyota Vios category,
the altima was pitched against the corolla / civic and the Maxima against the camry / accord ?

EDIT: BTW, I found out that the sentra is the "Versa-based sedan (Honda City category). "

Last edited by smsrini : 27th May 2008 at 14:48.
Old 2nd June 2008, 05:37   #18
BHPian

Well atleast in North America, Sentra is pitched in the same category as Civic & Corolla; The Altima competes with Camry & Accord, while the Maxima doesnot have an equivalent Honda or Toyota (Earlier there was Avalon though) competitor currently. Again Nissan fares in the third position after Toyota or Honda in most of these categories.
Old 2nd June 2008, 08:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

I'm curious to know the history and the birth of the Nissan Tiida/Versa. It just screams Renault from all angles.....nothing Japanese about its design.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

In USA, Nissan Tiida/Versa ( both are the same thing ) is compared with Fit ( NHC hatch form ) and SX4.
Nissan is really late in bringing the car here. Launched earlier, Verna, SX4, city would have been having a very tough competitor, and the best thing is bringing that car with legendary diesel which renault does have.

I am not sure but it looks like it is based on Logan platform ( there are chances that my statement is wrong, and if so, correct me ).
Old 2nd June 2008, 14:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

One reason that the Tiida hatch is a non-starter for India could be that it measures 4205 mm in length and hence cannot be classified as a small hatch.
Old 5th July 2008, 10:27   #22
BHPian

I keep seeing lot of Tiida's in Bangkok, and i just love em! they are such beauties! Nissan is just spoiling its name with not getting such good vehicles to India. Ford has been doing that - giving their crappiest models ever to India, and they are rarely doing any sales! (Fiesta sales down to 10-12 cars a month in hyd) and Nissan is currently having an even worse fate - 1 in a couple of months!
Old 29th November 2009, 07:19   #23
BHPian

I think nissan should bring Qashqai and +2 to India along with March/Micra. There is no good crossover in Indian market and that can change the fortune for Nissan. Qashqai - Crossovers cars - Nissan
Old 29th November 2009, 22:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
i rented a tiida once and man what pickup i think the best in the class was seriously too good incomparison to sunny or corolla
Corolla is more compared to Civic..and Tida is compared to Toyota Yaris which in my opinion is way better looking then Nissan Tida aka Nissan Versa here in North America.
Old 13th December 2010, 20:45   #25
BHPian

Re: Nissan Tiida - entry point for Nissan in India?

Nissan Sunny in India - Nissan Sunny Price, Nissan Sunny Reviews | CarDekho.com

This site says the Sunny is coming here in March 2011.

Off topic: The Sunny is the first and only car I have ever totalled when I was a youngster. (My dad's first car in Brunei, 1997). That car has the moves!

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 11th January 2011, 10:43   #26
BHPian

Re: Nissan Tiida - entry point for Nissan in India?

I have driven a Nissan Tiida in Bangkok for 2 years ( 2008-2010). Car was 1.6L AT with 105 Bhp

This sells around 6L THB in Bangkok ( a little below 8L INR in India) Manual version would be 50-60K cheaper.

Things I liked : 1. Superb high speed stability- very little body roll
2. class leading NVH - u wont feel u r doing 160Kph unless u look at the speedo
3. rear seat space

Things I did not like ( keeping my Indian context) : 1. Definitely underpowered- need to shift to 1st or 2nd gear to get the extra torque for a hill climb
2. sluggish non responsive engine - feels more like a highway car ( read pickup truck) .This might be due to gear ratios in the AT version.
3. Its factory fitted 2 Din CD player can not even play MP3 forget ipod or USB.

In Thailand, it competes with Honda City as fully loaded AT models of both cars were below the 6L THB mark. I do not know how they will position in India, but the NHC beats Tiida hands down in refinement , power and safety.

I think, if at all Nissan launches Tiida in India, the safest bet would be to position against the SX4 / Verna where it might just win !

Saaicon

Note from Mod : Old thread, irrelevant today in light of recent developments. Closing.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2011 at 15:47. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks