Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2005, 09:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Tiida - entry point for Nissan in India?

I saw a few new Nissans on the road last week which looked suspiciously like the Renault Megane. An Ad in the newspapers today confirmed that this was indeed the much talked about replacement for the Sunny (a.k.a Sentra).

It looks very much like the Swift (which looked a lot like the Megane as well) though much bigger and comes with a 1.6 litre, 108 bhp engine.

The AutoWeek website also showed the sedan version of the same which looks suspiciously like the Honda City...could this then be an ideal entry vehicle for Nissan into the volumes market in India? Or would they prefer M&M to do the honours with the very suspect Logan?

http://www.autozine.org/html/Nissan/Tiida.html
Old 13th November 2005, 09:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

nissan already sells x-trail here right? and i heard they have very few showrooms in india.
If they are gonna sell it here, the price range can only be 8-12lac? and tht segment is a bit crowded now.
Old 13th November 2005, 09:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
If they are gonna sell it here, the price range can only be 8-12lac? and tht segment is a bit crowded now.
THe X-trail is an import. I was thinking in terms of the Tiida if Nissan were to enter the volume market at the same point as say the new Fiesta or the NHC. They claim to be wanting to start off volume operations here, but there have been no moves so far.
Old 13th November 2005, 10:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

oh ho,alrighty. but mate at 6 lac u mean. can they? i doubt. they can only do it via mahindra if so.

shaking ur a$$, i see you baby, .... hehe i like the megane sport
Old 13th November 2005, 11:15   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

shaking ur a$$, i see you baby, .... hehe i like the megane sport

The song is used by Renault in their UK ads
Old 13th November 2005, 14:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
The song is used by Renault in their UK ads
i knw mate. now now people, i knew it before. gosh :((

http://www.emp3world.com/mp3/57052/G...g%20That%20Ass

Last edited by jkdas : 13th November 2005 at 14:17.
Old 13th November 2005, 15:00   #7
BHPian

Our company is taking 4 new Tiida sedans for the staff..priced at UAE Dirhams 48,500 (INR 582,000 approx)..previously they used to take lancers which are almost 4000 Dhs cheaper.. thelancers came with all basic options.. i mean P/S, P/W, P/M etc with a 1.6 engine...this one even dont have power windows

They sales man had come to our office and boasted about space being the new strength in thier design and he told 118 BHP for the 1.6 l engine...

The interior was really spacios as he said with lot of legroom even for the rear passenger. The styling did not impress me .. as steeroid already pointed out.. a megane / honda city combination... the grill resembles that of thier SUV murano....

However if it comes to India with a price range of atleast 7 Lakhs onroad...i see some success for nissan as the sunny is the favourite car of the Indians in UAE...
Old 13th November 2005, 21:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
of the Tiida if Nissan were to enter the volume market at the same point as say the new Fiesta or the NHC.
I thought the Tiida/Sunny/Sentra is a much larger car in the range of a Corolla...but I could be wrong. I think its based on a Clio platform. Cars always look small when you see them in foriegn countries, but they look big in Indian settings.
Old 13th November 2005, 21:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I thought the Tiida/Sunny/Sentra is a much larger car in the range of a Corolla...but I could be wrong. I think its based on a Clio platform. Cars always look small when you see them in foriegn countries, but they look big in Indian settings.
The Sunny always looked a size (or at least 1/2 a size) smaller than the Corolla. Its slightly smaller than the Optra, I would think. The new Tiida should be either the same, or smaller on the road (I saw the hatch and not the sedan).
Old 7th May 2008, 15:02   #10
BHPian

Yes, Sunny indeed is smaller than the Corolla.

Nissan Cars in the increasing order of sizes are :

Micra < Tiida < Sunny < Altima ( which is slightly bigger then the corolla) < Maxima (Camry/Accord Territory)

I used to work in Qatar for some time and has a Tiida when I was there...its a decent comfortable car. The seating is on the higher side, which makes entry/exit less cumbersome. The fit and finish of the Tiida is also good.

I think it was first launched in 2006.
Old 7th May 2008, 17:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

This could also come in as the new face of the logan ? There was another post a few days back about the new Logan introduced by Dacia.
Old 7th May 2008, 17:43   #12
BHPian

This one is smaller than the Sentra - Its called Nissan Versa in US and Canada and comes in both hatchback and Sedan version.

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback and Sedan - Nissan USA Official Site
Old 8th May 2008, 01:09   #13
BHPian

I've seen the new Nissan Versa in the showroom, when my friend bought his Sentra. I think it's a bit too big to be a hatchback.

Nevertheless a very well laid out car, especially inside. And I just love the build quality of all the new Nissans.
Old 8th May 2008, 01:19   #14
BHPian

what i really like about the TIIDA is the rear seat space.I relly wonder how the manufacturer got this amunt of cabin room from a car this size.its got decent pep as well for thos heavy on the right foot.
Old 8th May 2008, 14:50   #15
BHPian

i rented a tiida once and man what pickup i think the best in the class was seriously too good incomparison to sunny or corolla
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks