Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 21:11   #31
BANNED

Re: Ferrari Four (4 Wheel Drive) launched: Pics on page 2

Watch out the video at
Old 21st January 2011, 21:21   #32
BHPian

Yucky! Ugly and horrible. worse than the 612. Don't understand why Ferrari is TRYING so hard to be something or be like something. they should be themselves or will loose identity. Its confused weather to appeal to the heart or the mind. It seems to have got the Dabaang treatment. Reminds me of the Conphuse walla dialogue.
Old 21st January 2011, 21:42   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Can't even think of this replacing the 612.
At last Ferrari too succumbed to the AWD craze.
Rest we could say that VW is responsible. But now ,Ferrari too.
Next only thing waiting is an AWD Aston Martin.
This FF thingy is as far from Ferrari as it can get. Anyway expect safely for this thing to fly of the shelf.Even if it was an SUV,okay.
Even look at the name, makes me remeber FF engine layout.
Old 22nd January 2011, 03:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Seriously guys, this thing isnt that bad.. its a great segment they have created. It does seem odd when you look at it from ferrari fanboi goggles but i applaud ferrari for thinking outside the box and creating a new category.

It will be interesting to see how it does..I think I like it..

I say ferrari extend this platform for a full on SUV but with the flare of a ferrari. I will drop money on that, needs to be 1.5 times as expensive as the Porsche Cayenne Turbo and they have a winner if they go for that.

I have a feeling this will do just fine, might not be flying off the showroom floors, but it will have its niche..

Last edited by 1Day : 22nd January 2011 at 03:29.
Old 22nd January 2011, 13:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
Seriously guys, this thing isnt that bad.. its a great segment they have created. It does seem odd when you look at it from ferrari fanboi goggles but i applaud ferrari for thinking outside the box and creating a new category.
I tend to agree.Though I'm not a fan of Shooting Brakes,this one might not look that bad in the flesh.Maybe the looks will grow. Plus its a welcome change from the stereotypical 2+2 GT Coupes with a bit of extra practicality to boot!

That said,it'll look a million types better with a proper coupe profile,but again that's kind of stereotypical.The front end however doesn't look too original.The 458 inspired lamps look too cliched,considering this is a Ferrari,not a Skoda!
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post

It will be interesting to see how it does..I think I like it..

I have a feeling this will do just fine, might not be flying off the showroom floors, but it will have its niche..

We saw same criticism for California - Ferrari for women, ugly , etc. etc. - but it's doing pretty well.

If one wants hardcore race cars then there are a range of V8 and V12 Ferraris available.

It might not be a looker but I guess I will hold my comments until I see more real pics and and hear reviews .
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari Four (4 Wheel Drive) launched: Pics on page 2-1.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2011, 20:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

I like it!..its different,lots of nice new design cues.Unlike other supercar makers which are stuck with just a few models,and which they try to milk them dry with newer and gaudier upgrades ferrari goes and creates and all new model!

Whats so wrong with AWD?Lambos have them.They give better traction and better conering too.And this looks like a wonderful nice,tourer something thats a bit different from everything else.I like it!
Old 23rd January 2011, 16:58   #38
BHPian

More pics
CzechFerrari.cz
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari Four (4 Wheel Drive) launched: Pics on page 2-real-dash.jpg  

Ferrari Four (4 Wheel Drive) launched: Pics on page 2-real-roof.jpg  

Ferrari Four (4 Wheel Drive) launched: Pics on page 2-yellow.jpg  

Ferrari Four (4 Wheel Drive) launched: Pics on page 2-blue.jpg  

Ferrari Four (4 Wheel Drive) launched: Pics on page 2-white.jpg  

Old 23rd January 2011, 17:36   #39
BHPian

Disappointed. That is exactly how I feel looking at the car. This isn't acceptable, atleast from Ferrari. Frankly, I don't see why the idea of such a car was needed in the first place.
Ferrari, you made the successor of the 612, uglier!

Cheers,

Cartman.

Last edited by Cartman : 23rd January 2011 at 17:38.
Old 23rd January 2011, 18:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir458 View Post

We saw same criticism for California - Ferrari for women, ugly , etc. etc. - but it's doing pretty well.

If one wants hardcore race cars then there are a range of V8 and V12 Ferraris available.

It might not be a looker but I guess I will hold my comments until I see more real pics and and hear reviews .
ir458 I agree on this with you.
California is one of the best car from Ferrari comparing to other latest models recently launched.
or say its a daily sports car one can use , this is what we usually see here at our dealership.
California has the best customer satisfaction and had only one recall campain from the dealer since launched.
I have seen most of the ferrari owners are trading there old ferraris with california.
If i ever had a choice to buy a ferrari i would definetaly go for a CALI as we call it here.

More pics
CzechFerrari.cz

I find it a mix of BMX Z4 and panamera.

Last edited by ferrariKSA : 23rd January 2011 at 18:32.
Old 24th January 2011, 15:57   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm not a fan of Ferrari's current styling (isn't a Ferrari a lot about how it looks??) and feel they are taking a big risk with the way their designs are headed. The 458 may have the "wow" factor, but I find the front terribly weird. Gimme the F430 any day. The California received a lot of criticism for being too soft and not a "real Ferrari". I feel, from their current line up, only the 599 is a great, classic looking Ferrari with the potential to age well.
Old 24th January 2011, 17:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Looks very average. There isn't anything wow about it. Looks like the lack of mr. battista pininfarina is apparent. even though the styiling of this car has been done by the company, but it totally lacks the panache of a 'Ferrari'. Pretty average stuff by Ferrari.

cheers,
ac
Old 24th January 2011, 20:02   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I feel, from their current line up, only the 599 is a great, classic looking Ferrari with the potential to age well.

It's only the 599 that is keeping me from drifting away from Ferrari fan-ship.
Has everything that one dreams in a Ferrari.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

The first time I saw the pictures, I felt Oh !! This is wierd. I didnt like the front too much looks too much like the 458. Doesnt look bad from the side profile or the rear. Infact this car reminds me of the few one off 456 Estates Ferrari had made for the Sultan of Brunei. I will reserve my final comments till I see one in the flesh. The 456 GT is still my favourite 2+2 coupe from Ferrari
Old 24th January 2011, 22:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Doesnt look like a Ferrari at all from the side profile. The Panamera looks so much better than this. Also, the Four from certain angles, very much resembles the Rover (Standard) 2000 that was available in India in the 80's.

Most Viewed