Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2005, 00:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

A hot ride u got there pal! Enjoy rippin the $hit outta her. Owning a fast car in the US costs a bomb esp for the insurance
Old 16th November 2005, 00:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dude! Sweet!

Haha...I hope you never have to ask your friend where your car is!!!

Seriously, that's a lovely car. Most powerful on TBHP now, I guess! Looking forward to some pics with your new forged wheels.
Old 16th November 2005, 00:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
Hey 1Day,

Congratulations on the car. It looks gorgeous in Yellow and the pics have also come out pretty well.... just the flash reflecting on a couple of pics . If i could i would have the C5 with those pop-up headlights, yellow and with the specs of the C6. The new headlamps just dont suit the car imo!

Hey Wolfy your guess was wrong there. The fastest team-bhp car belongs to our member Scooby (dont recall the exact nic), he owns one of the most powefull cars (4-door sedan) recently launched in India and one of the most expensive too. As he said in one of the threads, hes done some mind numbing speeds in the car on Plam Beach Road here in Mumbai while participating in a car rally raising fund for charity.

Cheers!

Thanks..i have the exact opposite views..i think C5 was hideous and i think popup lights are very 80s, let alone 21st century..and think these lights suit the car much better than pop ups..

well i could be biased...but i thought of this way before i tried to purchase this car..so..

and I would like to know as well..which 4 dr car does quicker numbers than this and is available in india and not knonw to be available in US...just for info sake...i might be blacking out on that...

Last edited by 1Day : 16th November 2005 at 00:40.
Old 16th November 2005, 01:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely awesome. I've always had a love for Corvettes, and the C6 only amplified it. Yellow isn't my colour, I'd prefer gun-metal grey, black or red. Nevertheless, it's truly an American beast. Live it large, homeboy.
Old 16th November 2005, 01:43   #20
BHPian

Your Corvette is a beauty man ...

No offense but I really like my 2005 Black Mustang ...and I chose it over the Corvee ...purely because of the new retro-styling .

However, If i had an option to go in for an 1970's Corvee ..I would have ditched the Mustang ....

Last edited by metallica : 16th November 2005 at 01:45.
Old 16th November 2005, 01:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica

No offense but I really like my 2005 Black Mustang ...and I chose it over the Corvee ...purely because of the new retro-styling .

However, If i had an option to go in for an 1970's Corvee ..I would have ditched the Mustang ....
Offtopic: You're a Metallica fan. Woohoo.

Ontopic: 'Fuel' has a nice muscle-car filled bonanza of a video.
Old 16th November 2005, 02:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica

thanks...

no offense taken but no offense meant buddy...vette and stang are not used in the same sentence they are different cars with a big diff...vette would more likely be compared to the GT500 coming out next year, but even if those hp/torque numbers it would only hang with the C6..so thats y i say they are not in the same league

and if you are the retro sort of a guy...

try these...some rending a fellow corvetteforum member made..hope this is what the blue devil looks like with that meaty 650hp engine..

Last edited by 1Day : 16th November 2005 at 02:49.
Old 16th November 2005, 02:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey dude

great ride you got there.enjoy ripping but dont rip her apart

Rev
Old 16th November 2005, 04:29   #24
BHPian

Awesome ride 1day. Congrats!!!
Old 16th November 2005, 09:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
just the flash reflecting on a couple of pics .
I know but I guess than Meguair's NXT wax showing hopefully..but it was an overcast day, sometimes the thing used the flash and sometimes it didnt..so the strong wax reflected I guess in some..hard work paid off
Old 16th November 2005, 11:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats 1day, sweet ride. Are you in the city or the burbs.
Old 16th November 2005, 14:39   #27
Team-BHP Support

Wowzeee! One of the few American cars I simply adore and one of the best bang-for-buck cars anywhere in the world.

That colour combo sure is striking as well, however am waiting for the wheels you have on order.

So, what mods do you have on mind? no-one can keep a car like that stock for too long.
Old 16th November 2005, 14:45   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

An ASTOUNDING Yes to the request for sound clips. If you can email them to me on rush@team-bhp.com, I will have them uploaded to this thread.

How about some driving impressions of the exciting initial period? Few things in life come close to the experience of a new car delivery from the showroom....I can just imagine the emotions when its a 'Vette.

GTO
Old 16th November 2005, 17:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey 1day congrats, thats an awesome ride you got there. She looks beautyful in yellow. Have a great time.
Old 16th November 2005, 21:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Thanks again guys...I have her tucked in for sometime, because of snow and rain and all that stuff...I am not affraid to take it out in rain but since I just spent 3 hrs washing it on monday I didnt want to dirty it so quickly..I will most likely take it out when my wheels come next week, so after getting all that in I will take more snaps and sound clips and send to GTO...At the same time will provide the driving impression. I am not a big review sort of a guy but I will try and write something up...

As for the mods..I will begin after my class in spring/summer time..start with smaller stuff like Varam Snake Charmer and then move up the ladder to Cartek's heads and cams replacement 2X or 3X depending on how much money I get as bonus in april the 3x will provide close to 140 rwhp to this car and 2X will be close to 90-120rwp and the cost is about 5.5-6.5k which is not bad considering the power you end up getting..After all the mods it should be in the 525-550 hp range...which I think will be more than enough for sometime..Ofcourse along with this either Route 66 exhaust or borla would be perfect..And then may be find Z06 brakes which are throwing some crazi numbers in brake tests...I cant wait...
This ought to take it to that Z06 performance level(but i guess it wouldnt be a Z06 no matter how hard I try )

Last edited by 1Day : 16th November 2005 at 21:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks