Team-BHP - Ferrari Challenge - New Concepts of the Myth
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Ferrari Challenge - New Concepts of the Myth (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/8718-ferrari-challenge-new-concepts-myth.html)

Hey guys,
If you've kept a track of my last post, I am currently studying at Instituto Europeo di Design to pursue my Bachelor's in Transportation - Car Design. I am in my first year.

Today, the people from the 3rd year at our school had gone to Maranello to make a presentation to the top bosses of Ferrari.

It was the final day of the Ferrari Challenge - New Concepts of the Myth to find the Ferraris of the Future.

In the finals, 4 of the best Car Design schools in the world were put against each other.

1)Instituto Europeo di Design(IED), Turin - Italy.
2)Coventry University, School of Art and Design, UK.
3)College for Creative Studies (CCS) Detroit, USA.
4)Tokyo Communication Arts, Japan.

Each school was given the opportunity to come up with 5 concepts from their Graduation batch for this year. Becase CCS was unable to make 5 models, Ferrari requested IED to fill in the 2 empty spots, bringing their total number of entries to 7.

I was lucky enough to witness a few of these scale models on display at school about 2 months ago. The quality of the models was outstanding, right down to the finishing and detailing.

The presentation was made to the top bosses of Ferrari, namely - Luca di Montezemolo, President of Ferrari and Frank Stephenson(ex Design Head of Ferrari - now transferred to head Fiat and Lancia) and Ken Okuyama(Current Design Head of Ferrari).

The people representing our school just came back from Maranello sometime back with a trophy from Ferrari.

Ferrari was to choose 4 Concepts in total as winners, and our school won 2 spots in the 4. On the ratings, Our school was rated 1st and 4th, with Coventry and Tokyo filling up the other 2 spots.

Tonight its party time for everyone at school. Although it wasnt my batch that won the trophy, im just proud to be a part of the school.....HOPING that our batch also gets a chance to do a project for Ferrari when our time comes.

New Concepts of the Myth

for more information of all the entries that went from my school, you can check out the link IED Turin

The 3rd year students that just started last month will mostly do their thesis project at Renault or Alfa Romeo. Will keep you guys posted on more news as and when it happens.

GO IED!!!

Cheers,
Salil.

yo the one by ascari from your school is mad hot man.....
that was the first i choose to see lol: ... the tokyo one dint make sense to me but whateva... dude just anither question u like pursuing this as an undergradyate or after your gradutaion coz i was planning to get in designing and stuff but i was told after graduation is more advisable but that like two many years in coll :D

Well i would have been in Italy about 2 years ago if I was given a choice. I could say that i wasted two years of my life doing pursuing my Bcom. At the end of the 2nd year i knew i couldnt wait anymore...because i wasnt doing what i really wanted.

All things fell into place at just the right time. I had been researching on Design schools for about 4 years and knew that if i would ever study in Italy, IED would be the school i would go to.

Luckily, GTO's company has a tie-up with IED and I was able to get everything signed and sealed in no time. I see you're in Bombay, just get in touch with GTO and he should be able to help you out.

Ascari and Millechili were my top 2 from the list.

Glad you liked the designs made from my school. I hope my designs are close to as good when my time comes.

Cheers.

Hey Salil,

That is fabulous work from the IED! And I am glad to see that you are happy with the choice, and are making the most of it.

Good luck with learning the Italian language....It would help not only in class, but also with the chicks :D

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
....It would help not only in class, but also with the chicks :D

Yeah learn your three Italian Cs well, Salil - Cars, Chicks and Coffee....mind you, all three can be very strong, tending towards bitter
:p