Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 22:14   #1

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce

To begin with, this is my first ever thread on TeamBHP. Happy and excited to contribute finally.

So guys, this is what this is about. One of the world's most richest family spolit their kids with custom made Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce with their initials and in their custom made special Turquoise colour.

The family in question is the Royal Family of Qatar and to give you an idea about their wealth, they are the new owners of Harrods in London.

So the rich brats (as the new owners of Harrods) decided to make their presence felt by parking their Koenigsegg CCXR (worth 1.2 million pounds) and Lamborghini Murcielago 670-4 SuperVeloce (worth 350,000 pounds). What they didnt consider is the pain we call in London as the 'Parking Wardens'

On their patrol the wardens found the cars breaching the parking rule and issued tickets, when the owners still didnt care they decided to show them the power of the Wheel Clamp!!!

Pictures speak for themselves!
Attached Thumbnails
Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-swnsharrods1.jpg  

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-swnsharrods2.jpg  

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-swnsharrods3.jpg  

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-swnsharrods4.jpg  

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-swnsharrods5.jpg  

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-swnsharrods6.jpg  

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-swnsharrods7.jpg  

Old 19th August 2010, 00:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

You should see what else the rich boys have done to their SV's.
Like the red one though,all spotted in London.
Attached Thumbnails
Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-purple.jpg  

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-pink.jpg  

Worlds most expensive Clamping-Koenigsegg CCXR and Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce-red2.jpg  

Old 19th August 2010, 00:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Last week even a Pink Lambo was impounded in London because of high revving. Pink Lambo pulled over by Plod - BBC Top Gear

There's a good number of hypercars in London now. Most of them Dubai or Qatar registered
Old 19th August 2010, 02:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what the fine was, for the illegal parking! A few hundred quid, at best?
Old 19th August 2010, 10:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

Traffic police in India should seriously consider introducing wheel-clamps and put them into effect at the earliest. Towing cars isn't the answer!

Anyway, on the topic, I'm sure the fine would be nothing for these wealthy kids. And judging by their reaction to the tickets that they were given earlier, they don't seem to care about it. Wonder what the penalties are if the offense is often repeated.

P.S. Wealth doesn't necessarily buy you taste.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Traffic police in India should seriously consider introducing wheel-clamps and put them into effect at the earliest.
OT: I have seen traffic police in Hyderabad using wheel clamps. Although they are not like the ones that are seen in the pictures here. It is a simpler clamp with a lock.

Cheers,
Old 19th August 2010, 11:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am sure these fines are peanuts for them.... London has so many supercars, its often easy to find weird colors.

I am in love with that red SV. Red on either Gallardo or Murcielago is an extremely rare (I believe it could be the case because Red is considered a Ferrari color). But my gosh, both cars look terrific in that shade.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:59   #8

Damn you traffic Wambles!! I hope they didnt scratch the paint from the wheel!!
Old 19th August 2010, 12:17   #9
BANNED

Agree with Cyrus. The parking fine is not calibrated to the price of the car. I wonder where do they post the notifications - Qatar or Dubai, if they can get the registration details. Also, I see part of the Reg is in Arabic, should be a big help to the UK fuzz.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Traffic police in India should seriously consider introducing wheel-clamps and put them into effect at the earliest. Towing cars isn't the answer!

Anyway, on the topic, I'm sure the fine would be nothing for these wealthy kids. And judging by their reaction to the tickets that they were given earlier, they don't seem to care about it. Wonder what the penalties are if the offense is often repeated.

P.S. Wealth doesn't necessarily buy you taste.
I've seen the Bangalore Police use Wheel Clamps. An unlucky Scorpio was caught in Kormangala a few weeks back.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Agree with Cyrus. The parking fine is not calibrated to the price of the car. I wonder where do they post the notifications - Qatar or Dubai, if they can get the registration details. Also, I see part of the Reg is in Arabic, should be a big help to the UK fuzz.
They usually put a ticket in a plastic pouch stuck on to your windscreen.

The fine would be £110 per car. So £220 for the new owners of Harrods, 1Hyde Park, Chelsea Barracks and half of Kensington and Chelsea shouldn't be too much of a problem. The cars got clamped because they didn't have a parking permit for that area!!

During the summer (July/August mostly) mths alot of the Arabs come to London (For the rubbish weather i presume). Read somewhere once that collectively the spend in the region of £40mil.

Heres another accident that took place recently - A Lambo crashed into other cars racing at 1:30am.

Two Arabs arrested after crashing Lamborghini in London squareTwo Arabs arrested after crashing Lamborghini in London square | News
Old 20th August 2010, 05:34   #12

fine? u guys will laugh now when I tell you that they paid 70 pounds per car to get them released!! The original fine is 140 pounds per car and if paid within 15 days you can pay 70 pounds and clear it off which is what one of their measly servants did!!

Car worth 1.2 million and 70 pounds fine, I am sure that taught him a lesson!!!!
Old 20th August 2010, 10:51   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
OT: I have seen traffic police in Hyderabad using wheel clamps. Although they are not like the ones that are seen in the pictures here. It is a simpler clamp with a lock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I've seen the Bangalore Police use Wheel Clamps. An unlucky Scorpio was caught in Kormangala a few weeks back.
That's true and I'm aware of it, but they still press the tow-truck into service and that must be avoided. They damage the cars quite badly while trying to get them hooked to their truck. They have no respect for people's properties. The wheel-clamp, at least, isn't as bad.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's true and I'm aware of it, but they still press the tow-truck into service and that must be avoided. They damage the cars quite badly while trying to get them hooked to their truck. They have no respect for people's properties. The wheel-clamp, at least, isn't as bad.

In Bombay some daring cops do use the clamps knowing the high end cars might get damaged and a risk the officer is not willing to take. I have seen a boxster clamped and the owner had to pay Rs 500 as fine. I would like to see more traffic officers do their job in a just manner, where high end cars (Not all owners are super rich) are treated as normal cars. S classes get let off as the officer thinks the owner has enough money and clout to get him suspended, so even if the car is in a no parking it is let off.
One more thing. The Willingdon Club in Bombay does not allow overnight Parking and if a car is found to have broken the rule it does get clammped. So we do get to see Bentleys, BMW's, SL etc clamped occasionally. Once a Phantom was going to be clamped, when the owner made his way just in time to take the car.

As far as the wierd colours on the Supercars go, i would only like to say not everyones taste is the same, some owners are flashy and like being in the face and some like to be conservative and blend in. The company does provide with any colour you dream off at a fraction of the cost and some colours are even free, so why not. This ensures exclusivity and there will not be another car in the same colour. This is like saying dont individualise or customise your car, cause someone looking does not like it. Owners money and we should not complain, just admire the cars and hope one day they will stand in our garages

Last edited by speedy : 20th August 2010 at 12:10.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:25   #15
BHPian

Aren't those cars a bit much? I mean, they're already bound to get you attention simply because they snazzy. But to actually colour them a screaming turquoise blue! What were the parents thinking? Or was thinking just not part of the process?
The tow trucks here usually ruin the bumper, so I really do hope they use wheel clamps more often. Then I can start letting my sister drive my car again...maybe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks