Senior - BHPian

4 x 4 by Lambo

Found this link, a 4 x 4 made by lambo,

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/5849/lm02.html

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...sp?f=48&t=6634

neat.
Old 22nd November 2005, 16:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

yah it was a flop model. the LM02. It was a damn powerful machine with 420bhp V12 I think it would be a collector's item now

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd November 2005 at 16:10.
Old 22nd November 2005, 16:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

How much would you expect them to sell? SUV's wernt popular then, it was astronomically priced and anything but fuel efficient. They were found to be suitable for military purposes...

PS: It was LM002, not LM02, and there was an LM003( made mainly for the military market) and LM004.

Inspiration came form a Lambo concept jeep called the 'cheetah'.

Last edited by islero : 22nd November 2005 at 16:19.
Old 22nd November 2005, 16:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

doesnt look like they even faintly tried to make a 4 x 4. it looks so wierd. really really wierd, more wierd dan the edsel. looks like a boat turned upside down. no offence to lambos,
Old 22nd November 2005, 16:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Watch out for the LM come back in a couple of years.!!!
Old 22nd November 2005, 20:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think I read about this or saw about this vehicle (if one can call it so) in some Indian mag or TV. Some Indian had this one. Now who was it?
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:02   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't remember an LM004.
The model here is the LM002. One of my favorites.
Believe that they may launch a new one in a few years called the LM004.
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
I think I read about this or saw about this vehicle (if one can call it so) in some Indian mag or TV. Some Indian had this one. Now who was it?
Dude it was Amitabh who had this monster in his wish list.It was stated in one of the AutocarIndia article.
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

The LM002 may not be a great seller but it sure was an outrageous piece of machinery. Mostly bought by people in the gulf, it is very rare to see one of these on the roads today. Right up there with the Hummers. It was initially powered by the Countach engine and last ones produced came with the 5.7 litre V12 from the Diablo
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

This vehicle was designed during the period when Chryshler copr owned lamborghini and was intended for sale in the US market.there was a LM004 model but it never went into production.
Old 23rd November 2005, 03:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
but it never went into production.
thank god

but i would love to see a modern outrageous suv from lambo..if ferrari is chiken to do it..lambo shouldnt...they need a cool looking murcielago type suv....that does 0-60 in under 4.5 sec if not 4

if and when i will be able to afford one..i will be in Q

another SUV i am looking forward to is bentley...aahhh SUVs are finally becoming exotic..
Old 23rd November 2005, 10:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
thank god

but i would love to see a modern outrageous suv from lambo..if ferrari is chiken to do it..lambo shouldnt...they need a cool looking murcielago type suv....that does 0-60 in under 4.5 sec if not 4

if and when i will be able to afford one..i will be in Q

another SUV i am looking forward to is bentley...aahhh SUVs are finally becoming exotic..
i seriously feel there is a big mis fit if exotics like ferraris, lambos start building suvs, let the big game be played by d big guys like d land rovers, range rovers, jeeps, d legendry willys.

i dont think ferraris chicken to do it, they have already a 4 x 4 sytem ready, its just that the 'fit' doesnt happen, when u r know to make fast exotics, it sounds / looks strange when u make SUVS.

all porsches looks sexy, actually sexy but the cayenne is downright UGLY (acc to me), even the boxster is not a good fit, coz if u r known for making exotcis, when u launch a economy vehilce (boxsters a kinda economy vehicle compared to other porsches) it just dont loook good.
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:44   #13
Senior - BHPian

the 911 was originally a vehicle in the same status/category as the Boster, it just became more and more focused and state-of-the-art over the years, which raised its price, as did its popularity.
The Boxster fits in perfetcly in the range, it is something like the spiritual succesor to the 914 in my opinion.
Old 23rd November 2005, 19:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
the 911 was originally a vehicle in the same status/category as the Boster, it just became more and more focused and state-of-the-art over the years, which raised its price, as did its popularity.
The Boxster fits in perfetcly in the range, it is something like the spiritual succesor to the 914 in my opinion.
i get where u coming from, but my point is that when u r like know for exotics when u come out with a SUV or a vehicle not in the same power range (if m not wrong its a 200 bhp 2.4 ltr engine) it just doent fit.

u r right about the 914 being a small engine and then the 911 progressed on to be a 'great' vehicle, but the point is a cayenne or a ferrari SUV will not really really pease hard core porsche or ferrari fans.

wht do u say ?
Old 23rd November 2005, 21:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Manufacturers have to adapt with the times, my freind. Let me just explain my views.

A few decades ago, Mercedes was known solely as a manufacturer of luxury and ultra-sporting vehicles, period.
Look at Mercedes today. They make an MPV(B class), a van(Viano),an SUV(M class), a small car(A class), the list goes on.......
The reason is Mercedes could not have survived if they hadnt evolved with the times and expanded to more popularand voluminous segments. If they had continued doing what they were doing, I am sure they would be in the doldrums now. ( please dont bring all the stuff about the poor quality in here now, that is a different issue).
It's the same story with almost every other manufacturer, the car market has expanded to such an extent that if every manufacturer dosent have products in all the segements, they will be in serious trouble indeed.
So I dont think they have any choice, they just have to swallow their pride, try to console horified marque enthusiasts, and get on with expanding.
How do you think Porsche survived on their own? By building cars like the 924( recieved wide critisiscm for using a VW van engine), the 928 and 968, and now the Cayenne.
If Ferrari needs to build a 4x4 now to make more money, I say let them, because it means theyll have more money to make their future proper supercars even better.

Last edited by islero : 23rd November 2005 at 21:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks