Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2006, 11:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

The only thing I would like to see is the interiors with nice wood trim and the front hood integrated with the grill..the non-integrated hood line looks bad I have to admit. But still to be a little more exclusive..I think this would do much better than the older camry and get closer to the accord..
Old 10th January 2006, 17:05   #17
BHPian

The new design looks great......feels as if Toyota got a brand new image.....
Old 11th January 2006, 05:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

I dont see this car selling at the same price. toyota is bound to charge a premium as they know that some people ought to buy their cars blindfolded even when other better options are available.
LOL!
Old 11th January 2006, 12:00   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Have never been a Camry fan but this time I must admit that it does look good. The prime reason being that has a more Lexus-ish appeal to it. The headlamps and tailamps look great,not so sure about the front grill.
Rumors are that the new Camry is going to be launched in India within a few months,March according to ACI. Now only if Toyota can price it a few lakhs cheaper it would eat up the accords market share.
Old 11th January 2006, 12:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Have never been a Camry fan but this time I must admit that it does look good. The prime reason being that has a more Lexus-ish appeal to it. The headlamps and tailamps look great,not so sure about the front grill.
Rumors are that the new Camry is going to be launched in India within a few months,March according to ACI. Now only if Toyota can price it a few lakhs cheaper it would eat up the accords market share.

absolutely agree with you on the pricing and the grill...never been a camry fan or even an admirer but now I must admit they have done a good job and taken the car quite a bit ahead..
Old 11th January 2006, 12:48   #21
BHPian

Will this be the production version of the new Camry? To me it looks plane jane n boring. Dont think people will give it a second glance like the Accord.
Old 21st February 2007, 20:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

50 years of Toyota in USA,

first generation corolla

Dont think the camry is the ideal vehicle for celebrating their 50th anniversary,but anyways

The limited edition Camry Hybrid celebrates Toyota's 50 years of business in the United States...

The car will of course feature the requisite special edition badging as well as special Blizzard Pearl paint. The 16-inch wheels featured on the car will be unique and a power moonroof and heated power mirrors will be fitted as standard.
In addition to these enhancements, other standard features will include a voice-activated DVD navigation system, leather interior, heated front seats, brushed stainless steel trim, and "50th Anniversary Edition" logos on the floormats.

Just 3,000 of the special edition models will be produced with a MSRP of $31,680 each. Sales will begin this March.
Source:
Toyota announces Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition - Autoblog
+
Toyota Camry Hybrid 50th Anniversary Edition announced | Car News Blog at Motor Trend

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 21st February 2007 at 21:05.
Old 18th November 2008, 20:34   #23
BHPian

Next generation Toyota Camry

While the Honda’s new accord has become the segment leader its archrival Toyota camry is due for a complete makeover. Here’s a picture from autoincar claimed as next generation Toyota camry. The report further claims that the next generation Toyota camry will be out in 2011 and will be powered by 2AR-FE 2.5 litre petrol engine

source:autoscoops

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th November 2008 at 20:44. Reason: See note in post
Old 18th November 2008, 21:57   #24
BANNED

New Artists impression looks stunning, but won't be enough as Honda would leapfrog the competition with its Accord then!
Toyota has been left miles behind by Honda in designing department & Honda is fit to be called Pininfarina of the East!

Last edited by bhp1 : 18th November 2008 at 22:01.
Old 18th November 2008, 22:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Design cues seems to be copied a bit from Honda ( the grille ) , the bonnet , and the alloys from the CR-V

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks