Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 14:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

akj53 congratulations on a splendid purchase. I have always loved the XF but due to my high running stayed away from the petrol. The company internally has announced the release of the diesel model for India and sure enough i have made my booking by giving a token amount. Officially neither the price nor the trim level has been decided apun. I am looking into a Caviar metallic or a Botanical green Metallic.

Hope u have a wonderful experience with the car and happy miles clocked throughout.
Old 20th September 2010, 15:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

And it is true! Come 2012 and Jaguar will introduce a new 'X-Type' that will be pitted directly against its main rival, the BMW 3 Series. And yes, this new X-Type will be powered by its rear-wheels for the first time!

Rumor has it that Jaguar will offer several engine options including several 4-pot diesel and petrol motors and an almighty 3 litre V6 and a hybrid with the same V6 coupled with an electric motor, mated to an 8-Speed auto-tranny.
>>> suhaas307,

If what you say comes to pass, then, as we say in the vernacular - 'Aap ke mooh mein ghee shakkar!'. A new player to take on the the legendary 3 will be interesting and BMW might just love some competition to fight for their throne of sporty executive sedans & coupes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
akj53 congratulations on a splendid purchase. I have always loved the XF but due to my high running stayed away from the petrol. The company internally has announced the release of the diesel model for India and sure enough i have made my booking by giving a token amount. Officially neither the price nor the trim level has been decided apun. I am looking into a Caviar metallic or a Botanical green Metallic.
>>> speedy,

Congratulations. Knowing you, you must have done due diligence. Look forward to your graceful speeds on the Sea Link.

Regards
Old 20th September 2010, 16:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:

Hope u have a wonderful experience with the car and happy miles clocked throughout.
Congratulations to you also on booking the XF. You will enjoy the car much more than it will be a cut above the Germans.

You did the right thing by going for the diesel model. Caviar and Green both are fabulous colours. You can view all trim details on Jaguar UK - Jaguar
If you need to discuss any thing with me, please do pm me.

I will take the discussion further in my thread and request the mods to please merge both the threads.
Old 20th September 2010, 19:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
@ Sanchit

Glad to know that you are considering Jaguar. They have also opened a new dealer in Delhi, details are on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...new-delhi.html

Jaguar's trims are 'Luxury', Premium Luxury and Portfolio in ascending order. Portfolio is the topmost trim. Price in India will higher than Germans, as Jaguar will be imported as CBU, so higher duties. If is good if they are planning to offer service package, because we dont get even the free services. Bombay dealership is owned by Tata's so the sales person had to be good.

You will have to see the car and decide yourself whether Jaguar should be positioned above the Germans.

I am posting my ownership review under a new thread, please view that.
Also, with you starting of your initial ownership thread the forum seems to be warming up to the idea of Jaguar XF. Something new on the block in India after the wildly successful 5 series!

As I mentioned elsewhere also, the interiors of the XF are a total contrast to what the Germans do. For me, leaving apart the exteriors and driving dynamics at is a key differentiator as there is a feeling of luxury in the XF which in not paralleled by the German trio.

The small touches impress deeply and it's the attention to detail which is seems absent when one pitches the competitors against the XF. Individually all these cars are well rounded packages but the XF betters the others comprehensively in this regards.

Also, which going through your earlier posts and reading the XF Premium Luxury specifications I realise that there is indeed some kit missing such as the sun roof, xenons, rear climate control and some other things. These are all options (albeit costly) but then the competition doesn't have the XF's sheer luxury feel on the options list at all; perhaps, a small trade off!
Old 21st September 2010, 13:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
speedy,

Congratulations. Knowing you, you must have done due diligence. Look forward to your graceful speeds on the Sea Link.

Regards
All done sir. Since it is not launched and the specs are undecided. I would have the car only in the begining of next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Congratulations to you also on booking the XF. You will enjoy the car much more than it will be a cut above the Germans.

You did the right thing by going for the diesel model. Caviar and Green both are fabulous colours. You can view all trim details on Jaguar UK - Jaguar
If you need to discuss any thing with me, please do pm me.

I will take the discussion further in my thread and request the mods to please merge both the threads.
Sorry but i could not paste ur quote in the other thread and hence have replied here.

It is not an official booking but an unofficial one. I have a bad habit of reasearching my cars before hand and sometimes spend months doing it. This saves me the trouble of wasting everyones time .

When i saw the colours on the car in the showroom the Botanical green looked a little pale compared to the caviar. The combination chosen is the Caviar exterior with Barley seats with Truffle upper facia in Bond grain leather and canvas headlining.
Attached Thumbnails
Grace, Space and Pace, The Jaguar XF-img00019201009201702.jpg  

Grace, Space and Pace, The Jaguar XF-img00020201009201710.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 21st September 2010 at 13:02.
Old 21st September 2010, 16:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
All done sir. Since it is not launched and the specs are undecided. I would have the car only in the begining of next year.

It is not an official booking but an unofficial one. I have a bad habit of reasearching my cars before hand and sometimes spend months doing it. This saves me the trouble of wasting everyones time .
>>> speedy,

I am in good company then
Research always helps you in your decision making.

Fyr, two urls:

The XFR test drive by Car and Driver :

2010 Jaguar XFR - Road Test - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

The 5 versus XF shootout in AM :

HEAD TO HEAD: Jaguar XF Vs. BMW 5-Series - AskMen.com

The latter also pays a back handed compliment to the DSG!

Enjoy your drives, but drive safe.

Regards
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Also, with you starting of your initial ownership thread the forum seems to be warming up to the idea of Jaguar XF. Something new on the block in India after the wildly successful 5 series!

As I mentioned elsewhere also, the interiors of the XF are a total contrast to what the Germans do. For me, leaving apart the exteriors and driving dynamics at is a key differentiator as there is a feeling of luxury in the XF which in not paralleled by the German trio.

The small touches impress deeply and it's the attention to detail which is seems absent when one pitches the competitors against the XF. Individually all these cars are well rounded packages but the XF betters the others comprehensively in this regards.

Also, which going through your earlier posts and reading the XF Premium Luxury specifications I realise that there is indeed some kit missing such as the sun roof, xenons, rear climate control and some other things. These are all options (albeit costly) but then the competition doesn't have the XF's sheer luxury feel on the options list at all; perhaps, a small trade off!
I also think that XF's interiors are far superior to the Germans. Sunroof is not an option on XF but is standard with Xenons on all models of XJ. I dont think Sunroof makes much sense in hot and dusty climate of India. On XF Bi Xenons with integrated cornering lamps are available as an option and rear climate control is standard.

Quote:

When i saw the colours on the car in the showroom the Botanical green looked a little pale compared to the caviar. The combination chosen is the Caviar exterior with Barley seats with Truffle upper facia in Bond grain leather and canvas headlining.
Yes Green looks best on bigger XJ, Caviar looks very good on XF. It was my 2nd choice and makes a very good combination with Barley seats.

I request the mods that this thread be merged with my ownership report thread so all discussions could be carried out there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks