Team-BHP - The 'Ken Block' Thread: Videos & more
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   The 'Ken Block' Thread: Videos & more (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/88959-ken-block-thread-videos-more.html)

The folks at DC Shoes, Monster, and Crawford Performance have got back together with Ken Block to create "Ken Block Gymkhana TWO" video. The first Gymkhana video brought in over 20,000,000 views worldwide. The next video, features a beefed up version Subaru Impreza WRX STi and will feature intense, new stunts not seen before.

Check out the video and read more here:
Ken Block Gymkhana TWO

The new video "Gymkhana TWO" will be released June 1, 2009. Stay tuned! For more Ken Block video and information check out the following Ken Block articles!
The Best Car Videos
Ken Block Gymkhana Bonus Video
New Ken Block Video

Does Team-BHP enjoy Ken Block videos? I know I do! Go Ken Block!clap:

Ken Block's an absolute legend! I can't wait for June 1. The things he did in the first video....I just had to learn how to drift after watching that video!

Of course, smart people can figure out that these videos are not made in one take as Ken Block would have us believe.

Ken Block's Gymkhana was an amazing video, and your right it wasn't done in one take. The "Gymkhana Bonus Video" features out takes and additional bonus footage not seen in the original Gymkhana video.

The new Gymkhana TWO video features an amazing engine built by Crawford Performance. It looks like it has a large rotated turbo kit, custom fabricated intake manifold, high pressure fuel system, and some really extreme roll cage setup. The 2008 Impreza WRX STi used in the Gymkhana TWO looks similar to their autocross vehicle driven by Tarzan Yamada which has set records and accomplished some crazy things in the 2009 season.

I would guess, that the new Ken Block car is similar yet beefed up version of following package: "The Time Attack Package is tuned solely to compete at the highest level and out perform the competition out of the corners, where the displacement beats out smaller engines. While boost reaches 27 PSI at 4500 RPM, it will also easily generate over 600 ft/lbs of torque at 4750 RPM along with 600+ horsepower above 5500 RPM’s."- Crawford Performance

I would guess the Gymkhana TWO Impreza is putting down anywhere from 700-900 awhp.

*Update* I need your help! But first...

There is some new video footage of the Ken Block Gymkhana TWO project. This new footage includes an interview with Ken Block and a behind the scenes of how his Subaru Impreza WRX STi was built by Crawford Performance for the Gymkhana TWO project. I can't stop drooling over this Subaru!

Updated article: Ken Block Gymkhana TWO

HELP: I'm trying to figure out what all has been done to this vehicle, please help me and post the modifications you see in the video so I can make a nice list for my article. Thank you Team-BHP!

It is finally here, the world's most anticipated motor sports video of all time! The return of Ken Block's Gymkhana! Titled "Gymkhana TWO: The infomercial" this new video takes place with a 500+ hp Crawford Performance built Subaru STi and features amazing stunts and driving. The best camera technology available has been used to create awesome cinematography. A truly remarkable contribution to the internet and the world of racing!

Click here to see Ken Block's Gymkhana TWO: The infomercial

Post up your feedback here! I know all the Subaru fans will love this video! I sure did clap:

Good job Ken Block, Monster, DCshoes, and Crawford Performance!

YouTube - KEN BLOCK GYMKHANA TWO THE INFOMERCIAL

Well, its a nice video for sure, but somehow it just isn't as good as the first (in my personal opinion).

Unfortunately, the car is way uglier and doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the car in the first video (which is a large factor given that theres no music in the video).

Also, there were no on-car cameras in this video, unlike the earlier one which provided some sweet little vignettes.

...and im not sure i understood the obsession with paintballs/balloons ? And the explosion at the end ? ? ?

Anyway, what i did like about it were the awesome slow motion shots (in isolation)!!!! Its crazy to see the wheels spinning so fast and the car barely moving, or sometimes even moving backwards with the wheels spinning forwards! Awesome (though the slow-mo was kinda integrated with an akward silence....)

Some nice driving (powersliding through the cones at 2:15 and whacking the balloon out of the dummys hand)

Anyway, i feel like im writing a review on a youtube video! lol

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 1331426)
Well, its a nice video for sure, but somehow it just isn't as good as the first (in my personal opinion).

Unfortunately, the car is way uglier and doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the car in the first video (which is a large factor given that theres no music in the video).

...and im not sure i understood the obsession with paintballs/balloons ? And the explosion at the end ? ? ?

Anyway, what i did like about it were the awesome slow motion shots (in isolation)!!!! Its crazy to see the wheels spinning so fast and the car barely moving, or sometimes even moving backwards with the wheels spinning forwards! Awesome (though the slow-mo was kinda integrated with an akward silence....)

Some nice driving (powersliding through the cones at 2:15 and whacking the balloon out of the dummys hand)

cya
R

I thought it was better than the first actually...I thought the first was a bit too....easy. For his standards atleast.

Agree about the sound of the car, but disagree about all the effects etc. I thought they added to the effect, especially the shot with the tubelights.

And yeah, LOVED the slow-mo shots. The one on the edge of the water was pure thrill!

Ken Block on Top Gear:

YouTube - Top Gear - Ken Block - July 5th 2009

Heres another hillarious Ken Block video. He takes some passengers around for a ride:

YouTube - KEN BLOCK - Jump Jam at the Dirt 2 Launch Event

Ken Block is back in 2010 and how!?!? Here you go!, the much awaited Gymkhana III, The Ultimate Playground, L'Autodrome France! clap: KB jus' DEMOLISHED IT!

YouTube - Gymkhana THREE, Part 2; Ultimate Playground; l'Autodrome, France

The infomercial track by "Cool Kids"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUSlnXcYeU

Nice but not as mind blowing as the previous one. In Gymkhana III, he's just driving at high speeds most of the times and a then a couple of doughnuts. He also a hit a wall once on the banked road. Not the best of Ken, I'd say.

I loved that part in the wet surface where he did those sliding 360s!
By the way a fiesta chassis handling 650bhp?Even after roll cage and other chassis strengthening measures thats still pretty amazing.

I echo theragingbull. Downloaded the HD version yesterday and was dissapointed, as we all know what Ken is capable off. Have to say me staying awake to watch it was not worth it, I'm feeling sleepy now :D .I guess the location screwed it up.

I would say the second one was the best, followed by the top gear one and then the first one. This one also didn't have creativity, a lot of things were repeated or elongated unnecessarily, like the donut around the guy on that 2 wheel thing. The same thing has been repeated in all the versions so far, but this one was very long.

Agreed to ragingbull and NOS on the fact that the Gymkhana II was better executed and looked effortless too. Ken looks so pressured and yes, did go wrong at places(eg. the banking and the corner before donuting around the barrels), but a much lighter car with MUCH more horses can have its side effects when it comes to maneuverability. But being a true "green" KB fan, We love it to the bits, Don't we? :D See I'm GREEN with happiness! And, there is always a next time!

If I'd really be frank, I'd have loved to see him stick with the Subaru.