Team-BHP - Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Artist Impressions: 2014 Skoda Fabia and 2014 Skoda Laura (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/88982-artist-impressions-2014-skoda-fabia-2014-skoda-laura.html)

Found this article on Motoroids, the Laura looks quite neat .

Quote:

Auto Bild Germany has hired the services of automotive artist Larson to render the probable designs of the 2014 Skoda Fabia hatchback and the 2014 Skoda Laura (Octavia for the international market). While both the cars look similar in form to their corresponding current generation avatars, Larson has given both the cars an aggressive fascia. These artist impressions incorporate the new design language that Skoda established with the new Superb.

The Fabia’s current design debuted in 2007 (2008 for India) and underwent a mid-life facelift last year (coming to India later this year). So expect the all new Fabia, with hopefully the aggressive design that you see in the renders, by late 2012 / early 2013. The Laura too will get a breath of new design as shown in the impressions and should be ready for public unveiling by 2012. In the meantime, India will get the upcoming Skoda Felicia, the Yeti, the facelift Fabia and an all new small car based on the ‘Joyster’ concept.
Source : Motoroids

Looks like a Superb headlamp and grill treatment. The overall treatment looks good but I really doubt if this will make it to the actual redesign of the Fabia.

If these artist impressions do end up being true then the Fabia will sell on its looks mostly.

Am quite impressed with the way Skoda's design philosophy is evolving over the years. In the middle they created some not so good designs like the previous Laura and Roomster. The current gen Skoda's are worth more looks than one.

I like that Fabia design,especially that upward chink in the waistline of the front door.
I hope the final design is close to this.Skoda and VW now compete in so many segments,skoda needs something to differentiate itself from the bland vw's and agrressive designs could be the way to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOS Power (Post 2071776)
If these artist impressions do end up being true then the Fabia will sell on its looks mostly.

agree:

The Fabia actually looks good. But the fog lamp design doesn't gel well. But I feel, these artistic impression will just remain that-the artistic impression.

2014 would be too late IMHO. Laura looks great ,a bit Hondaish though (Fabia too).

I spotted this Laura, I presume a test vehicle in Bangalore. It had a TDI badge. The front side of this vehicle looked much like the one in the artist's impression.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyqed (Post 2244592)
I spotted this Laura, I presume a test vehicle in Bangalore. It had a TDI badge. The front side of this vehicle looked much like the one in the artist's impression.

err..sorry to disappoint you dude, but for me it just looks like a Laura TDi which is just unloaded from the trailer on its way to the yard or the dealer. Nothing exciting there.

For an untrained eye it might look like a camo but it is just the protective covering from the manufacturer to protect the paint and corners from damaging while long-distant transits.

You're expecting Skoda test their 2014 expected model in India?? Highly Impossible!

@cyqed- This is a dealership car, a current L&K variant. The headlights must have been taped making you believe that this to be a different version. All new Skoda cars come with white covers to prevent scratches, like the ones seen on the badges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 2244640)
@cyqed- This is a dealership car, a current L&K variant. The headlights must have been taped making you believe that this to be a different version. All new Skoda cars come with white covers to prevent scratches, like the ones seen on the badges.

Going slightly OT, I gather it is a L&K seeing the badge on the fender, but I thought L&Ks came with bigger multispoke rims or are those simply a cost option.

^^ These alloys are different than the 15" ones offered in Ambiente(Though they look similar). Also notice the lower profile rubber which means these are 16" rims.

Alloy wheel designs for Laura were updated recently, both Elegance and L&K now come with updated rims. Ambiente version has the same old design. All versions of Laura now come with 5 Spoke rims.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it. No wonder I found the five-spoke rim of the Laura a slightly bigger when I same a visiting car at my office :)