Team-BHP - Jeremy Clarkson : Bugatti Veyron Test for Times Online
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Jeremy Clarkson : Bugatti Veyron Test for Times Online (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/8914-jeremy-clarkson-bugatti-veyron-test-times-online.html)

:D Bugatti Veyron
By Jeremy Clarkson of The Sunday Times
Utterly, stunningly, jaw droppingly brilliant

When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fizzy and a little bit frightening. When you go past 200mph it actually becomes blurred. Almost like you’re trapped in an early Queen pop video. At this sort of speed the tyres and the suspension are reacting to events that happened some time ago, and they have not finished reacting before they’re being asked to do something else. The result is a terrifying vibration that rattles your optical nerves, causing double vision. This is not good when you’re covering 300ft a second.

Happily, stopping distances become irrelevant because you won’t see the obstacle in the first place. By the time you know it was there, you’ll have gone through the windscreen, through the Pearly Gates and be half way across God’s breakfast table.

It has always been thus. When Louis Rigolly broke the 100mph barrier in his Gobron in 1904, the vibration would have been terrifying. And I dare say that driving an E-type at 150mph in 1966 must have been a bit sporty as well.

But once you go past 200mph......"Click to read ahead"

Cheers!!

P

P.S. Mods pls excuse me if i have started this topic in the wrong section.

NOTE : Please try not to paste the whole article in the future. A paragraph (or so), followed by a forward link, would be more than sufficient.

Woohooo, that means the next episode of Top Gear will have the Veyron video. Can't wait for it now.

Quote:

I didn’t care. On a recent drive across Europe I desperately wanted to reach the top speed but I ran out of road when the needle hit 240mph.
Somehow, i don't believe he actually hit 240mph on public roads. Looks like he's pulling a fast one.

U have to be crazy to pull something like that. JC isn't crazy enuf.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
I also cannot tell you how good this car is. I just don’t have the vocabulary. I just end up stammering and dribbling and talking wide-eyed nonsense. And everyone thinks I’m on drugs.

Thoroughly enjoyed that write-up. The chap is very entertaining when he decides to talk about the car and cans his views on life in general....

Everything about this car is so overwhelming that you cant believe such a thing exists!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Woohooo, that means the next episode of Top Gear will have the Veyron video.

Yeah ... i saw the season preview and it showed Clarkson in the Veyron smiling ear to ear and saying ... ".....Hammond & May you have no idea what this car is ......." .....Well that summed it all up for me - Clarkson likes the car at which he always mocked in his show and pointed out flaws and what not & now he's probably doing another cross-country video around Europe with him in the car and Hammod & James in some other means of transport.

P.S. Hi Mods,
Well i thought it would be better to have the whole writeup in one place for others to read. Anyways i did post the link too right at the beginning of the topic. I have made a note of it and will do so with my next topic. :D

Cheers!

I wonder what time the Veyron will set on the Top Gear track. I think around 1 min 16-17 should be possible.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I wonder what time the Veyron will set on the Top Gear track. I think around 1 min 16-17 should be possible.

Shan2nu

Faster! Believe me, that car is full of surprises.

Hmm awesome..thats what the fuss has been about the Bugatti Veyron. I dint have a clue as to why there was so much crowd around this car at the tokyo motor show and took a couple of pics of the car to check it out later (Thats how well informed i am :D ). The car does look nice and neat but just like any another super car in proportions and size.

cant wait to download this episode though.

1001 horses and the Bugatti can win a battle single handedly!

I dont think the Veyron will break the record at the Top Gear track. Its more of a hi speed projectile and not a nimble car you can throw around tight turns.

That guy never ceases to amaze me. I eagerly wait for Saturdays (for his column in The Sun) and Sundays (when I log onto the Times website the first thing in the morning). This is one of the best JC reviews I have read, right up there with the one on the Mitsubhishi L200.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
I dont think the Veyron will break the record at the Top Gear track. Its more of a hi speed projectile and not a nimble car you can throw around tight turns.

Witness how the Ariel Atom is still near the top of the chart and how the Porsche trounced the 500 bhp M6 with 150 bhp less last week

Quote:

Witness how the Ariel Atom is still near the top of the chart
That's coz the Ariel Atom not only handles better but, is also quicker in a straight line (atleast till120mph). It's even got a power to weight ratio of 600bhp/ton which is interestingly higher than the Ezno, Mclaren F1 and even the Veyron.

But, the Veyron has AWD which means that getting off the mark and exiting corners isn't as tricky as on a RWD. It'l be close, that's all i can say.

Shan2nu

I agree with shan2nu. It will be close. Top gear track does not seem to favour poor handling cars even if they have better straight line accelaration. So I don't think Veyron will do phenomenally better than any of the other cars on the top 5 of the top gear list.

jc is reallly brilliant. . . all the words describe the feeling (while driving) so well. . . this guys the best in the business, no doubts. . . .

Nice one (grrr... JC)

Some things that made me wow.
1. 10 radiators!
2. 7 speed
3. car would go till 231mph with ignition key on normal and 250mph when you have key in teh slot on floor! ( was he joking? )
4. shames F1 cars.
5. no diesel version :p

actually there is buggatti veyron lxi which dosent have ac, has only wind up windows , velor upholstery, and steel wheels with no wheel caps.

then there is veyron vxi which has ac power windows fake wood console etc

then there is veyron de luxe which has leather upholstery and carpets!!

LOL

PS: nearly forgot, lxi has 8 radiators, vxi has 9, de luxe is the one with ten......