Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:21   #1
BHPian

MaRussia - Russians answer to Porsche and Ferrari

Quote:
The model of two-seat coupe Marussia В2 is a logic stage of the project on creation of the first domestic sports car. Marussia B2 is a brilliant acknowledgement of innovative essence of the project on creation of the "modular" car with replaceable bodies. The car shows the success of the idea on manufacture of unique, various and distinct models on the basis of a universal platform. Creation of original body of Marussia В2 required only 36 days.

This model also, as well as Marussia В1, has a pronounced character and habits of a pure sports car. At car development it was actively used Nikolay Fomenko's sports experience, the well-known Russian racer, the master of sports of the international class, the prize-winner of the World championship in N-GT races. Marussia is two-seat car of GT class, which was developed according to all principles of motor sports industry. Car heart – unique engine V6 Cosworth with volume of 3.6 litres. Each driver also can choose its capacity thanks to the intellectual engine control unit. The maximum capacity of Marussia – 420 h.p. This value may seem not big enough, but in recalculation on weight of the car – it is only 1100 kgs – it looks huge. The characteristics of the extralight version of the car is even more impressing. Its body is made only of aluminium and Kevlar. The weight of such car is 850 kg. The result of usage of so light materials becomes obvious on the track. Cars Marussia B1 and В2 are not fast, but very fast device (machine), capable to speed up from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds. With all that, both cars of the brand are distinguished for superb comfort. Marussia driver will never believe that speed and comfort are two incompatible things.
Nikolay Fomenko, Russian celebrity and GT racecar driver, launched his own sports car company, E.M.M. This is one of their home grown super-cars (so to say). Powered by a 3.5L NISSAN V6 gas guzzler churning out upto 300 bhp at the rear wheel. There is more to this super-car than looks, you can change its ultra-light plastic body as easy as replacing a mobile phone’s facet. Initially being launched in two models the B1 and B2 (i thought the cold war is over). ??Russia: Home

Engine
Model: V6, petrol
Placement: Mid-mounted
Capacity (cc): 3498
Maximum power (hp): 300
Max. torque (Nm at rev/min): 330 / 3600

Transmission
Drive: Rear-wheel
Gearbox: 6-speed automatic

Weight and Performance
Gross vehicle weight (kg):1100
Top speed (km/h): >250
Speed Up 0-100(km/h): 5 sec

Chassis
Aluminium semi-monocoque

Tyres
Type: Pirelli PZero Rosso
Front, size: 245/35/20
Rear, size: 285/35/20

Models
B1

B2

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th September 2010 at 16:08. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:55   #2
BHPian

Aah! The B2 is the second Russian thing I like after Maria Sharapova.

The B1 looks ugly to me. That color combo is best carried off by a Bugatti. Or a JBL car..
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

^^
May be the car is named after her - MAria RUSSIA :-)

I like the design!
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:21   #4
BHPian

Infact this could lead to a revolution. In the sense sports and supercar companies are known to overcharge, this could be the a first provide a cheaper solution.

But then all depends on whether MaRussia can take the game to the same level.
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

The B2 reminds me of the Gumpert.They should have extracted more than 300 bhp from that 3.5L V6.
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:42   #6
BHPian

The Rear 3/4 of the B2 looks a little like the Audi R8 .

What's with the star sign on the door ? Looks like the Heineken sign . Also its a sign US Army uses , the Soviets had the hammer and sickel . Quite baffling on a Russian supercar.

They could hire Vitaly Petrov as the brand ambassador!
Old 23rd September 2010, 18:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Aah! The B2 is the second Russian thing I like after Maria Sharapova.
+100 to that . I love the sleek look of B2. B1 looks are more common in the super car circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post
What's with the star sign on the door ? Looks like the Heineken sign . Also its a sign US Army uses , the Soviets had the hammer and sickel . Quite baffling on a Russian supercar.
I am sure there is more importance to the star than you think. If you do a google search of "Russian Submarines", you can see that they have the same star insignia on them. the same is true for russian fighter aircrafts (look at the tail fins) too. Hope some expert on the russian lifestyle can clarify the significance of the star for us.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:13   #8
BHPian

Quote:
The star is the 'red star', as stated used on subs, military equipment, bombers, fighters. The communist flag (CCCP) !
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

They could hire Vitaly Petrov as the brand ambassador!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
The star is the 'red star', as stated used on subs, military equipment, bombers, fighters. The communist flag (CCCP) !
Yeah that was kind of funny. Something like this seen in a recent air show.

Apart from that, the car resembles more with the Buggati Veyron rather than the Porche' or the Ferrari.
Attached Thumbnails
MaRussia - Russians answer to Porsche and Ferrari-photo.jpg  

Old 24th September 2010, 11:08   #10
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

From the front quarter the B1 looks more like the Pagani Zonda whereas the B2 looks like the Apollo Gumpert.

P.S. I wouldnt trust a company which makes basic mistakes on its website. I mean tech-specs is something which everyone is going to look at when a new sportscar is launched. And a slight mistake does make a huge difference in your overall perception of the package.
Weights and Perfornance
Fuel Sestem
Dimesions
Disks

Couple of other errors I found : Which is true?

Quote:
Cars Marussia B1 and В2 are not fast, but very fast device (machine), capable to speed up from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds.
Quote:
Speed Up 0-100(km/h) 5 sec

Last edited by v12 : 24th September 2010 at 11:18.
Old 24th September 2010, 12:35   #11
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
From the front quarter the B1 looks more like the Pagani Zonda whereas the B2 looks like the Apollo Gumpert.

P.S. I wouldnt trust a company which makes basic mistakes on its website. I mean tech-specs is something which everyone is going to look at when a new sportscar is launched. And a slight mistake does make a huge difference in your overall perception of the package.
Weights and Perfornance
Fuel Sestem
Dimesions
Disks

Couple of other errors I found : Which is true?
Thought the same. And he never won any prize other than possible the wooden spoon.

Quote:
At car development it was actively used Nikolay Fomenko's sports experience, the well-known Russian racer, the master of sports of the international class, the prize-winner of the World championship in N-GT races.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks