Team-BHP - Evo IX - Jackie Chan Special Edition
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Evo IX - Jackie Chan Special Edition (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/8995-evo-ix-jackie-chan-special-edition.html)

I wanted to post these pics but was not able to coz of my exams ... well Evo IX was in a quite bit of discussion lately as many have seen it ... at that Mitsu. showroom or on display at the Performance Show in Mumbai. Here is the Jackie Chan's Special Edition of the Evo IX.

Source : sports.autoblog.com

Designed by Jackie Chan????

What exactly did he design? They've just taken the Evo VII and the Evo VIII, merged them together and called it the Evo IX.

It laps the 22 km Nurburgring in 8min 11 secs. 15 secs slower than a 02' NSX R and 5 secs slower than a 04' Spec C. Sadly, the Evo seems to have stopped Evolving. Lets wait and see what the radical Evo X has to offer.

I'd buy the Evo VIII MR over this.

Shan2nu

Chan used his skills learned from designing the Bajaj Discover.

Pix are not quite clear, I prefer a EVO VIII FQ300 to this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Chan used his skills learned from designing the Bajaj Discover.

Slightly off topic , but heard from one of my media friends that Dabur is thinking of asking Jackie Chan to promote their products as well , so dont be surprised if u see a
Jackie Chan Chamanpash lol:

But still the car looks good !!

Odd idea...Jackie Chan can hardly spell design, let alone try his hand at developing an EVO.

I love the guy for his movies, but not this.

My vote still lies with the EVO VI

Come on guys the car is not designed by Jackie Chan ... its done by Fire Sports and was presented to Jackie ... may be he has designed one or two decals but not the whole car rl: ... plz ... 50 of them is made sold at $ 77,193.
Btw he still zips around in his Ralliart Evo 6.

Quote:

Come on guys the car is not designed by Jackie Chan
Then why have this on the car????

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Then why have this on the car????

Shan2nu

I know thats what i wrote in my post it is not completely designed by Jackie it is majorly done by Jackie's friend Morita who works for or owns Firesports im not too sure bout that.
Tell me one thing this is what i read (on www.jackiechan.com)

"Ralliart launched its brand new Evolution 9 on Singapore today but to make it even more special, Jackie's dear friend Morita of Fire Sport made a special edition to present to Jackie!"

Does it make any sense tell me ... Jackie Chan designing a car and presenting himself ??
One word, Ridiculous.

So, it's basically a Jackie Chan edition, like the Palio S10 which was a Sachin edition.

It has nothing to do with the designing. It's just a marketing gimmic, to promote the car. They're making it even more confusing.

Shan2nu

I may consider buying one if it can run up walls, slide through tight spaces and do backflips.

I am against these gimmicks.

A stock evo is fine for me.

I wouldnt pay whoooping bucks just for the name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badcheetah
Jackie Chan Chamanpash lol:

hah... whats a "Chaman-Pash" ??.. i m sure you meant ChawanPrash...:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
hah... whats a "Chaman-Pash" ??.. i m sure you meant ChawanPrash...:p

that would be jackie chan's special edition of chyavanprash. lol: