Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2010, 16:44   #31
BHPian

Right Choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette8991 View Post
Thanks jaguar, well keeping it short I will say they are huge improvement to the Stock SuperCar tyres that come with Z51 package that are supposed to be better than base Corvette tyres.

Nitto's are smoother(sidewall is not as rigid as stock), improved grip, less road noise, corner handling is well, been running them for 16K miles now + 4 track days, still have a lot of meat left, where the stock tires were gone by 13k miles. I am happy & will buy them again, but would like to try something else next time.
I recently moved to Invos on my Lancer GT(S) and is very happy with performance. Only concern was the tire life. I wanted an opinion from a long term owner to make sure that I made the right choice. Thank you for the reassuring review!
Old 13th October 2010, 18:34   #32
BHPian

The car looks great. I might be coming home (to Austin) in the winter time, if you are available, we could get together and I could do a little photoshoot, and my buddy who makes car videos could get a video of your car done.

I'm not completely positive if I am coming to Austin yet, but once it gets finalized, I'll let you know, and we could work something out then.
Old 14th October 2010, 21:16   #33
BHPian

Regarding the front license plate issue.

Here is a good mounting solution. If only you were able to automate it so that it would retract by the press of a button.

Corvette Altec Front License Plate "Show n Go", retractable license plate
Old 16th October 2010, 03:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Wow no words. Red color looks amazingly hot. Congrats buddy. Enjoy your rides.
Hey Thanks hydswift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Great looking car there. I too love Vettes. I had a CTS-V with the LS6 engine. I traded it in for a Solstice GXP. The V was an amazing car. The more hard core racer you make your corvette the more uncomfortable it'll be for regular use especially, if you're considering it to be used as a daily driver. Will you be keeping all your race mods still?

Have fun..
CTS-V's are awesome 4 door's/2door's with the power of a vette & luxury of a cadillac, you cant beat it.

Most of my race mods go in only when I am tracking, takes about 2-3 hrs to get it setup, but worth the effort. If I do decide to buy a track only beater car, then race mods on this will have to go & it will only serve as a weekend cruiser & occasional track car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
I recently moved to Invos on my Lancer GT(S) and is very happy with performance. Only concern was the tire life. I wanted an opinion from a long term owner to make sure that I made the right choice. Thank you for the reassuring review!
Kool glad that you like them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by agup48 View Post
The car looks great. I might be coming home (to Austin) in the winter time, if you are available, we could get together and I could do a little photoshoot, and my buddy who makes car videos could get a video of your car done.

I'm not completely positive if I am coming to Austin yet, but once it gets finalized, I'll let you know, and we could work something out then.
Sure works for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agup48 View Post
Regarding the front license plate issue.

Here is a good mounting solution. If only you were able to automate it so that it would retract by the press of a button.

Corvette Altec Front License Plate "Show n Go", retractable license plate
Thanks, I do buy a lot of parts from them & did see that, but I am still debating if I want to put one/not..
Old 16th October 2010, 03:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette8991 View Post
Sure works for me!
Cool, I sent you a PM.
Old 16th October 2010, 08:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Great looking car there. I too love Vettes. I had a CTS-V with the LS6 engine. .
I drove a CTS-V on a racetrack. was good fun.
Old 28th December 2011, 01:43   #37
BHPian

Re: Red hot lady - 08 Z51 Corvette LS3 3LT Ownership Report

Just a quick update to this thread, the vette has mostly(explanation below) been worry free even with thousands of miles and hundreds of track miles.

Only problem's I had:

1. Dead battery, after leaving it for a month without charge while on a trip to India - known on these cars when not left on a trickle charger, taken care by Warranty & On Star.

2. Rear wheel bearings, wheel bearing started giving away after some heavy tracking usage, understandable but not something I expected to happen, was lucky enough to hear them giving away and was able to drive back home and to the dealer to get them fixed. Again taken care under warranty and was provided with a rental(CTS) while work is being performed. As mentioned service by my local dealer has been awesome, understood that the car has been on track(worked with the manager before) and didn't fuss about the warranty, was promptly provided a rental to drive-away and notified after work has completed.

3. Lack of enough M, to keep it going on the track!! Track expenses(tires, brakes, upgrades) started racking up like crazy once I gained some experience and started driving the limits.

Being a trackjunkie I preferred to be on the track than in a high performance car on the road, so after many wonderful and worry free miles(25k miles in 1yr 3months) I parted with my Vette couple months ago(April, 2011)!! The best car I had and dearly miss it, it was a stupid decision to sell, but on track expenses were getting really heavy not allowing me to run as much as I wanted too, also got married so priorities in life changed a bit!!

But once you are a trackjunkie, its hard to take a step back, so after lots of research landed in a Lotus Elise about 2 months ago. This is a different kind of beast all together! Lightweight, nice cornering abilities, well connected and not heavy on tires/brakes! Moving from Vette to Elise I do feel huge loss of power, which I will try to overcome in the coming months with a SC.

Man I miss it soo much even after all these months, hope my review of the Vette helps steer some more road crazy minds towards it. Anyone thinking about it get it and drive, trust me you will never regret it.

BTW, I didn't loose much on resale either, except the cost of some upgrades that I let go with the car!

Last edited by vette8991 : 28th December 2011 at 01:45.
Old 28th December 2011, 02:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to hear that you had to let go of the vette. But you did not do too much of a downgrade with the Elise. Waiting for that buying and owning experience now with some pics of course.
Old 28th December 2011, 11:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Excellent report. Great to see you treating the car the way she's meant to be treated (read as track days).

Do share some clips from your GoPro cam. Wishing you many happy and safe miles with the 'vette.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks