Team-BHP - Maybach goes mad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Maybach goes mad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/9015-maybach-goes-mad.html)

check this link out...

DaimlerChrysler has slotted the Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG's 6.0-litre twin-turbo V12 into the Maybach 57 to create the world’s most expensive sports saloon, the 57S.

At £289,900, the 57S is only £2000 less than the bigger 62, but it’s significantly more powerful, with 604bhp over the regular car’s 543bhp. Torque rises from 664lb ft to a mammoth 737lb ft, electronically limited to protect the drivetrain. The engine, built by hand, features improved lubrication systems, beefed-up main bearings and redesigned combustion chambers.

It gives the 57S the ability to crack 62mph in 5.0sec, but it’s the quoted 50-75mph time that’s more impressive at just 3.7sec. Top speed is limited to 171mph.

To give the 57 the road manners to deal with the power, Maybach has lowered the car by 15mm, added thicker front and rear anti-roll bars and stiffened up the settings on the electronic Adaptive Damping systems. It rides on 20in alloys with 275/40 Michelin Pilot Sport tyres, specially developed for the car.

On the outside, Maybach has redesigned the 57’s radiator grille and the rear bumper to accommodate the two triangular tail pipes. Unlike other Maybachs, the 57S is not available with two-tone paint. Inside the car gets piano lacquer and carbon trim, and the leather is available in black or two-tone black and white. (text courtest auto car uk)

check out the pics here.... http://www.autocar.co.uk/popups/gallery.asp?NA=217841

Last day I read about the Veyron and now this! Whats next?

hi. I would just like to point out that the maybach 57s which i saw the other day has a electronically limited top speed of 155mph not 171mph. Mercedes Bmw and Audi signed a deal that they would not produce a car that goes over 155mph excepth for super cars. Hence the slr has a top speed of 200mph+

Quote:

Originally Posted by racing4cure
check this link out...

DaimlerChrysler has slotted the Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG's 6.0-litre twin-turbo V12 into the Maybach 57 to create the world’s most expensive sports saloon, the 57S.

At £289,900, the 57S is only £2000 less than the bigger 62, but it’s significantly more powerful, with 604bhp over the regular car’s 543bhp. Torque rises from 664lb ft to a mammoth 737lb ft, electronically limited to protect the drivetrain. The engine, built by hand, features improved lubrication systems, beefed-up main bearings and redesigned combustion chambers.

It gives the 57S the ability to crack 62mph in 5.0sec, but it’s the quoted 50-75mph time that’s more impressive at just 3.7sec. Top speed is limited to 171mph.

To give the 57 the road manners to deal with the power, Maybach has lowered the car by 15mm, added thicker front and rear anti-roll bars and stiffened up the settings on the electronic Adaptive Damping systems. It rides on 20in alloys with 275/40 Michelin Pilot Sport tyres, specially developed for the car.

On the outside, Maybach has redesigned the 57’s radiator grille and the rear bumper to accommodate the two triangular tail pipes. Unlike other Maybachs, the 57S is not available with two-tone paint. Inside the car gets piano lacquer and carbon trim, and the leather is available in black or two-tone black and white. (text courtest auto car uk)

check out the pics here.... http://www.autocar.co.uk/popups/gallery.asp?NA=217841

Sorry about that it is 170mph

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaamin
hi. I would just like to point out that the maybach 57s which i saw the other day has a electronically limited top speed of 155mph not 171mph. Mercedes Bmw and Audi signed a deal that they would not produce a car that goes over 155mph excepth for super cars. Hence the slr has a top speed of 200mph+

Maybach has already gone mad, with the kinda treatment Brabus gave it sometime ago. But its a car for someone who's gonna be driven arnd town and not drive himself. So all that power wouldn't seem much of an advantage to the buyer. But then, more power is always good :D

y would nyone buy a maybach 57s ????? i mean the company is going crazy, they have creted a niche for being pretty much the best limos (arguable), but they are goin in a territory which is already crammed . . . .??? this is where u clearly see lack of common sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
Maybach has already gone mad, with the kinda treatment Brabus gave it sometime ago. But its a car for someone who's gonna be driven arnd town and not drive himself. So all that power wouldn't seem much of an advantage to the buyer. But then, more power is always good :D

this is the sports version, so i presume the guy will not be sittin behind . . . wht do u say ????

The Brabus is supposed to be a sport version too...and i think there is thread abt that car in this site as well.

IMO, the Maybach is a car in which u can cruise arnd all the way, not rip her apart :D