Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2005, 16:40   #1
BHPian

The NEW E60 BMW M5 !

Well this is one of my favourites, and I saw one like it at the dealership the other day, its truely awesome! Anyway here are some generic pics, thought you guys might like. Check out the HUD (heads up display)! It projects the gauges and other stuff like gear number etc on the windscreen in front of you! Thats just one of the many gadgets the new beemers come with! Not to forget, V-10, 507HP in this case. This car may not be the sexiest, but its capable of 330 km/hr, some serious performance! Enjoy!

Last edited by idnani : 9th December 2005 at 16:43.
Old 9th December 2005, 17:31   #2
BHPian

Also, note the redline. 8000 RPM ?!? Thats just nuts. My 3 liter I6 just about does 7k. Most 4.5 liter V8's barely hit 6.25k RPM. And this 5 liter V-10 does 8000 ?!? Thats one high revving beast! Crazy germans!
Old 9th December 2005, 17:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey idnani

Nice Pics dude !! the new HUD is something really remarkable never really seen something like this before.really impressive

Rev
Old 9th December 2005, 18:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey idnani

Nice Pics dude !! the new HUD is something really remarkable never really seen something like this before.really impressive

Rev
yes, its a little projector hidden in the dash and it projects a virtual image, which appears to be far down the windshield, and more like on the road in front, where you eyes are focussed. This enables you to drive without a distraction, and lets you keep your eyes on the road. Its real use is for racing, and this goes well with the SMG (sequential manual gearbox) paddle shifts which are on the steering wheel as well. So now, one can keep their eyes on the road (HUD), and hands on the steering wheel (no shifting). Awesome!

HUD and SMG are now options on the 3 series as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks