Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 21:56   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Punto Facelift

One car which does not require a facelift.

The tail-lamp cluster looks great on the Evo, but I would anyday take the present model's front! Time for good deals on the outgoing model?
Old 24th May 2011, 22:07   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Punto Facelift

I doubt the Punto Evo is coming to India so soon. This model has its life cycle till 2013 according to a global insight report. The Punto is just going to get beige interiors like the Linea. (As per a thread started by sidindica)
Old 16th June 2011, 18:07   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on p

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet -

From Carwale -

Quote:
Rumours have been floating around of the Fiat Grande Punto getting a mid-life facelift. It is being said that the Grande Punto will sport the new Evo front grille and design and there will changes on the inside as well. After speaking to one of our sources, it has been confirmed that the Grande Punto facelift will be out sometime in late 2012 or early 2013. The changes that will be made on the car haven’t been decided yet, but a facelift is definitely in pipeline. So those who were expecting the facelift anytime soon will be disappointed.

Fiat Grande Punto facelift coming in 2012 - CarWale News

So there, you have it. We can hang onto the existing Grande Punto for at least 2 more years!
Old 17th June 2011, 00:12   #154
BHPian

Re: Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on p

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Don't know if anyone has seen this yet -

From Carwale -

Fiat Grande Punto facelift coming in 2012 - CarWale News

So there, you have it. We can hang onto the existing Grande Punto for at least 2 more years!

So now they plan to ruin the very thing that appeals to a majority of punto lovers, the look of the current PUNTO. While an interiors upgrade is good thing, somebody please tell them to upgrade the gearing without changing the outer look, the EVO looks pathetic from the outside atleast the front is ugly to me.
Old 28th June 2011, 09:46   #155
BHPian

2012 -13 is too far away to my liking. Is there any possibility of this getting launched by this year end. I like the new interiors ( exteriors is good but the present one looks classy and better) and somehow willing to bite the bullet if they release it in a couple of months.

Anybody has any inside information about the release
Old 31st August 2011, 01:51   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Punto Evo facelift 2012 is all set to be launched at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show, and might be launched worldwide in mid-2012.

Changes:

Body-colored bumper with a new honeycomb grille -

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-2012_fiat_punto_evo.jpg

Little changes to the rear -

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-fiat_punto_evo_facelift.jpg

14-spoke alloys -

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto_evo_twinair.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto_evo_facelift.jpg

All black interiors -

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-2012_fiat_punto_evo_interiors.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-fipu05_4e5cd255b4652.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-fipu06_4e5cd255cf402.jpg

Evo (old) vs Evo (new) #1 Front -

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-fipu90_4e5cd25664136.jpg

Evo (old) vs Evo (new) #2 Rear -

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-fipu91_4e5cd2568779c.jpg

SOURCE - Fiat Punto 2012: Dal

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st August 2011 at 02:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 07:27   #157
Senior - BHPian

From the markings on the car, it looks like the Punto too will be getting that magnificent 875cc Twinair engine, may be only in the 85bhp form.

The new Panda too was launched yeaterday, with two versions of the TwinAir engine, a 64bhp and 85bhp one.

So wish, FIAT would be brave enough to introduce both the new Panda and Punto, along with its magnificent MultiAir engines.
Old 31st August 2011, 11:34   #158
Senior - BHPian

The new EVO looks much better than the old EVO. The alloy wheel on the green car (black with chrome spokes) looks superb.

I think this face lift will be better received in India than the old EVO.
Old 1st September 2011, 17:41   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

"Fiat India will be planning to facelift its two pillar offerings Linea and Punto in 2012. The Linea was put on the market back in January 2009 and the Punto followed about six months later. Over the last two years, both vehicles have received unpublicized mechanical improvements and powerful petrol variants.
The talk in town is that Fiat is mulling independent/exclusive dealerships in 2012. With new showrooms, Fiat has to present new products to get maximum traction. Fiat could start the lives of these two important cars in their facelifted form at stand-alone dealer points.
To bow in at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the Punto facelift gets a new set of 14-spoke wheels. Along with the wheels, the car also receives new grille (notice the absence of chrome and garnish), new headlamps with mirror-mounted indicator lamps. At the rear, the exhaust, like on the Linea T-Jet, is chrome tipped.
Interiors have been carried over from the Evo. The interiors have many pieces colored using the body paint to extend the theme into the cabin.
Under the hood, the Punto gets the 500′s 0.9-liter Twin-Air petrol engine that generates 64 KW (85.8hp). Fiat is planning to use the Twin-Air on many of its small cars. It will be used on the next generation Panda as well.
Besides the TwinAir, the 1.3-liter Multi-jet diesel is expected to continue along with the host of FIRE petrol engines depending on the markets."

Cheers!

Fiat Punto 2012 bows in at Frankfurt Show - Images released
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 19:47   #160
Senior - BHPian

What car?(Aug 11) magazine says the Punto evo may come in early 2012. Is this true ? I'm in the market for the 90hp punto and if the punto evo is only a few months away i don't mind waiting for the same
Old 5th October 2011, 15:24   #161
BHPian

ACI's latest issue says that the Punto Evo's coming in 2012. Forgot which part of 2012.
Reports say that it will only be a face lift and no engine changes are likely.

I hope that this is not true. Fiat should definitely overhaul the current range of engines, especially the petrols. Both petrol engines are underpowered. Fiat should plonk the T-jet in the Punto Evo's bay. I guess the price would shoot up to match the 90HP variant, but it will result in an out and out performance car, lusted after by the petrol head community.

As it is, the petrol variants aren't selling. Maybe by bringing in more focused engines (T-jet for the enthusiast, Twinair for the economy-seeker), they will pull in more customers.
Also, Fiat has a nice 1.4 Multiair engine with variable valve tech that is available in 105 bhp and 133 bhp states of tune in European markets. They could get that here as well.
Old 5th October 2011, 16:32   #162
Senior - BHPian

I personally think Fiat will continue with the current engines as far as Punto is considered. However IMO Punto should be offered with just 2 engine options i.e. 1.3 90HP diesel and 1.4 90HP petrol in Active/Dynamic/Emotion/Emotion PK variants.

IMO Fiat should fix stuff which requires a fix i.e. A.S.S & Interiors overall quality, fit & finish rather than messing with cars excellent exteriors. They may also work on gear box. Its kinda rubbery.

Last edited by HammerHead : 5th October 2011 at 16:34.
Old 24th October 2011, 10:18   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Launch pics from the Frankfurt Motor Show -

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto-1.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto-6.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto-7.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto-8.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto-2.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto-3.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto-4.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-punto-5.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 10:28   #164
Senior - BHPian

More than a facelift, this looks like a complete revamp! The interiors also has been changed! Hope they will fix their niggling issues and improve the quality inside now. Anyone came across the face lifted Linea yet?
Old 27th October 2011, 17:52   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more launch pics -

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-312012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-292012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-272012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-242012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-302012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-282012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-322012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-332012fiatpuntoiaa2011.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed