Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 11:24   #166
BHPian

Re: Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on p

There is some news floating around that the New facelifted punto would be launched In jan ( 3rd or 25th).

There havent been any confirmed news on what the changes would be. If it is a new dashboard design/ external changes to tail lamps, head lamps , bumper like the evo, then I stand to lose a lot as i have already booked and my loan is almost processed. Almost everybody says there wouldnt be any mechanical changes to the engine/ gear rations/ power etc.

Anybody with Fiat contacts can you pls confirm what these changes are. I dont mind any external changes and two tome interiors/garnish changes.

New dashboard is all that am concerned with..
Old 25th November 2011, 11:41   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on p

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
There is some news floating around that the New facelifted punto would be launched In jan ( 3rd or 25th).

There havent been any confirmed news on what the changes would be. If it is a new dashboard design/ external changes to tail lamps, head lamps , bumper like the evo, then I stand to lose a lot as i have already booked and my loan is almost processed. Almost everybody says there wouldnt be any mechanical changes to the engine/ gear rations/ power etc.

Anybody with Fiat contacts can you pls confirm what these changes are. I dont mind any external changes and two tome interiors/garnish changes.

Don't worry and go ahead with your purchase, my friend.

The changes will be minor and will be mostly centered on the interiors (some add-ons will be given, which were previously missed). They are calling it the "refreshed Punto & Linea". There are no major facelifts or overhauls in the pipeline for either the Punto or the Linea for 2012.

IAB Exclusive - Fiat Linea, Punto MY2012 launch on January 3
Old 25th November 2011, 12:02   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-fiatgrandepuntoandlineaupgrades_thumb.jpg

Quote:

The 2012 Auto Expo is going to bring along a lot of new launches and showcases. We have already listed all the new bikes and cars to be showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo and the latest ones to join the list are FIat Linea sedan and Fiat Grande Punto hatchback.

Fiat,earlier, was planning to bring Fiat Bravo hatchback to India but the feasibility study being conducted could not impress the company and Bravo will not hit the Indian roads anytime soon. One of the core reasons is that Bravo was to be positioned above Linea and Punto making it quite unaffordable as a hatchback.

If you are disappointed with the news and think that nothing new would come up from Fiat’s end then this news might interest you. Fiat has stated that upgraded Linea and Punto versions will be launched next year.

Fiat is not going to take part in 2012 Auto Expo and will launch the upgraded Punto and Linea on 3rd January. The company has made it clear that no facelift or revision in terms of looks or engine will be there in the upgraded models and the revision will be somewhat like that being noticed in Nissan Micra and Ford Figo.

New add-ons are expected with the upgraded models and expectedly Fiat might revise the prices of both the models as well. Whatever Fiat has for us, we are eager to know and waiting for 3rd January 2012. Stay tuned for more updates on upgraded Punto and Linea.
Source: Fiat Linea and Grand Punto New Facelift Models India Launch In January 2012

As per my opinion also, you should go ahead with the current version and avail December discounts.

Cheers!
Irish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks