Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 01:38   #46
BHPian

Is Fiat trying to make the car look like a FIAT500?It has lost the sleekness...and interiors look tasteless resembling some cheap chinese stuff.Sad that Fiat has done this to a brilliant car.

I think Indians are lucky to have got an extremely good looking version compared to this tacky looking car.God save FIAT!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st September 2009 at 03:09. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Hey i know saying is almost sacriligeous but i kind of like it.the interior is fabulous,looks rich and nice shaped.the front is a bit iffy,but not bad.
kinda cool. looks more sportier now. esp the rear. the punto's basic design will last a few more yrs if not a decade and it won't look tired.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:16   #48
BHPian

Lets not forget that the current design, as good as it is, has been around in Europe since 2005. After 5 years, any car would be looking at a mid-life makeover. That said, I quite like the design. They stance is reminiscent of the Bravo somewhat. I love the alloys on the silver car! Very hot.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Eww! Too much fuss added to the Punto.A sort of forced facelift..lovely interiors though! Black one looks killer.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

Actually I quite like the design. Looks nicer in my opinion. But what's with that screen sticking out like that? Its as if they finished desigining the interior and then remembered that still had to throw in a screen!
Old 1st September 2009, 12:42   #51
Senior - BHPian

I like the photos. But then the real punto is not that wide. Got to see it in person without the effects of photography.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

This Punto is just a special edition one called 'Evo'. It will be released at the Frankfurt Motor Show come September.

Here:Fixed It Again, Tony: Fiat previews new Frankfurt-bound Punto Evo — Autoblog
Old 1st September 2009, 18:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

I like the interior. Maybe only because I hate the current interior.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:07   #54
BHPian

wow what a face lift!!!
i want to lift my face and do this

engines>>> good
interior>>> good,
exterior>>> not good.

WHY are these people trying it to make it like fiat 500. its cute but not punto. its should be sporty!!! not cute damn it!!

i don't think this will ever come to India guys!!! for next few years atleast!! and even if they were to facelift the swift i would still go for the punto!! i am so tired of that shape!! and i am also tired of i10s. ritz, i20 look fresh!! and yeah punto too!!

for manufacturing evo they would have to make changes in the assembly sheet metal will have to be cut and designed in a different way!! interior would be changed too to gel with the exterior!!

also they might have long term contract with suppliers of oem parts and plastics bits. so i don't think this will happen!!

when they launched the punto here the key to everything was damn good pricing! buy making changes this will make the punto costly which i don't think they are capable of since first they want to get a foot hold on to the market!! and then maybe even think of increase in prices!!

maybe this is like the abbarth or the even sportier esse esse version or something!!? who knows!!

Last edited by Caramelo : 11th September 2009 at 15:09.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

I see a little bit of Fiat 500 ish look in this Punto.... but its not looking good like the current Maserati look.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:51   #56
BHPian

Current Maserati look is a timeless classic design.

This facelift is destroying the look of an otherwise stunning looking car, interiors are better then current one, also i liked the tail lamp cluster, it is cool.

But the front face plays the spoil sport.
Old 12th September 2009, 10:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Well to be frank, I didn't like the looks of the Punto Evo..! But i did like the interiors..!! According to me, The current Punto(which resembles the Maserati) is light years ahead in terms of looks when compared to the new Punto Evo.
Old 12th September 2009, 19:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
This Punto is just a special edition one called 'Evo'. It will be released at the Frankfurt Motor Show come September
So, is the evo just a special edition? It would be a pity if it were a facelift. Fiat have really gone overboard with this one. Tacky front end and not a great improvement inside too.
Old 12th September 2009, 21:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

i see someone already planning an assassination attempt on the designer who did this.
Old 12th September 2009, 21:58   #60
BHPian

Black one looks a little better, remaining looks like their mouth is cut on both sides just like the Joker

IMO this is not a fare face lift. Why some one want to make it ugly in a facelift?

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th September 2009 at 22:07. Reason: Back to back posts. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks