Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:12   #61

I personally liked the looks of the New Punto Evo..Sure its fussy and a little to Hyundai-Ford like but as far as evolutionary facelift goes it looks quite acceptable. Just adore the rear lamps with their clear yet slightly smoky lens!!
Love the interiors a lot....Looks very classy and stylish!!
Old 25th December 2009, 22:57   #62

2010 Fiat Punto - European version

Unveiled in a world premiere at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show, the new Fiat Punto Evo is officially launched today. It aims to build on the success of its predecessor, the Fiat Grande Punto, and become a benchmark for innovation, safety and style thanks to several new features.

The name 'Evo' highlights a level of evolution in car design that is capable of satisfying customers who are increasingly demanding in terms of technology, driveability and respect for the environment.

The technological excellence of the Fiat Punto Evo is in evidence primarily through the broad range of Euro 5 engines, including the second-generation 1.3 MultiJet and the 1.4 MultiAir - the revolutionary technology developed by Fiat Powertrain Technologies that will gradually be adopted by all Fiat Group engines. Alongside these innovative power units and the more traditional ones are the hybrid methane and LPG systems, combining to form the most complete and eco-friendly engine range in the segment, bar none.

Still with reduced consumption and emissions in mind, the new Punto Evo offers Start&Stop, the system that temporarily switches off the engine when you stop the car. Start&Stop comes as standard on all new Euro 5 petrol and diesel engines.

Inside the car, there is also a debut for the new Blue&Me-TomTom infotainment system, whose practical colour touch-screen allows you to manage phone calls, satellite navigation and all the driving information you need, which it downloads directly from the on-board computer systems.

The Fiat Punto Evo raises the bar in the field of safety with its seven airbags. It is one of the few cars in its class to provide a driver knee bag as standard across all trims. As well as the usual ABS, EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) and ESP (Electronic Stability Program) systems, there are other useful features such as the Hill Holder system, which helps the driver with hill starts by keeping the car stationary for a few seconds in order to prevent it from rolling backwards, and the adaptive cornering front fog lights that come on automatically on dipped beam according to the steering angle.

Finally, the Fiat Punto Evo is even more attractive thanks to the work done by Fiat's Centro Stile. The interiors (dashboard, seats and instruments) have been completely revamped to make them more plush and elegant, and the car has a new eye-catching shape.

The Fiat Punto Evo will be available to buy from the second half of October. It aims to establish itself as a European market leader in the hugely important supermini segment.

The following engines are available at launch:

•Petrol:
-65 hp 1.2 8v (Euro 4);
-77 hp 1.4 8v (Euro 4);
-77 hp 1.4 8v (Euro 5) with Start&Stop;
-105 hp 1.4 MultiAir 16v (Euro 5) with Start&Stop;
-135 hp 1.4 MultiAir Turbo 16v (Euro 5) with Start&Stop.

•Diesel:
-75 hp 1.3 MultiJet 16v (Euro 4);
-75 hp 1.3 MultiJet II 16v (Euro 5) with Start&Stop and DPF;
-90 hp 1.3 MultiJet 16v (Euro 4);
-95 hp 1.3 MultiJet II 16v (Euro 5) with Start&Stop and DPF;
-120 hp 1.6 MultiJet 16v (Euro 5) DPF.

•Bi-fuel:
-70 hp 1.4 8v petrol/methane (Euro 5);
-77 hp 1.4 8v petrol/LPG (Euro 4).

The logo on the rear door of the Fiat Punto Evo changes according to the different engine types: the dot is red for high-performance engines (135 hp 1.4 MultiAir Turbo and 120 hp 1.6 MultiJet), green for bi-fuel units and black for other engine types.
Attached Thumbnails
Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-2010fiatpuntoevoimage020800.jpg  

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-2010fiatpuntoevoimage033800.jpg  

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-2010fiatpuntoevoimage034800.jpg  

Old 25th December 2009, 23:41   #63
BHPian

wowie!! would love to see the changes on the rear on the indian version but the front looks a little messed up for me, the older grill suits the car so much better!!
Old 25th December 2009, 23:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

The Baby Maserati looks are gone
Old 25th December 2009, 23:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Why don't we have all those engine choices available in India?
Old 25th December 2009, 23:57   #66
BHPian

I'm sorry but they've completely lost the Italian look. Now it just looks like a regular Nissan or cheap Jap car.

That "Evo" name is a bit of a misnomer. I first thought they were releasing a crazy rally inspired version or something that would slot above the Abarth and Abarth Essesse and compete with the awesome 210hp JCW Cooper S.

Is the roof made of carbon fiber?
Old 26th December 2009, 00:39   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
I'm sorry but they've completely lost the Italian look. Now it just looks like a regular Nissan or cheap Jap car.

That "Evo" name is a bit of a misnomer. I first thought they were releasing a crazy rally inspired version or something that would slot above the Abarth and Abarth Essesse and compete with the awesome 210hp JCW Cooper S.

Is the roof made of carbon fiber?
Looks more like a panoramic roof to me.
Old 26th December 2009, 03:02   #68
BHPian

From the pics that i saw over the web, i thought the rear windscreen had more view to offer than 2009 GP but the above pic puts me in a doubt.
Old 26th December 2009, 11:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

similar thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ighlight=punto
Old 26th December 2009, 11:47   #70
BHPian

Any news on engine specs ?? Is this Punto is also going to have a T-Jet engine in itor regular Fiat 1.3MLD ?? Any updates on its seating capacity ??
I think this car is called something as "Evo" ??
ANy chances of this car getting launched in India ??
Old 26th December 2009, 11:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

I liked the front looks irrespective of some genuine doubts by other Team BHP gurus.

The Baby Masserati looks are gone northwithstanding, the new looks suits the car.
the rear design is much better though.

Would have loved to see the GP in Active trim with all the goodies.
All 4 PW, rear defogger and the types.
Old 26th December 2009, 12:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to take a while to start liking this car. The front, IMHO has serious Korean touches.
As with the Palio and then Stile, the original version looks much better.
Still, it's a Fiat, and will always look Rocksta .
Old 26th December 2009, 12:43   #73
BANNED

Front looks are not as good looking as original but you never know when seen in flash.
Rear looks very good compare to original.
Wish we had some pics of interior.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:16   #74
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics of the interiors. I feel that they still look a bit bland.

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-image_cd_gallery.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-image_cd_gallery2.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-image_cd_gallery3.jpg

Grande Punto Facelift: From baby Maserati to Punto Evo EDIT: Punto 'My Life' on pg.7-image_cd_gallery4.jpg
Old 26th December 2009, 14:04   #75
Senior - BHPian

I like the rear, but the front is not good looking. 500 ish looks.
The current front design is much better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks