Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2005, 13:08   #16
Team-BHP Support

Mumbai's Padmini taxi's take the prize of the most unsafe car in India. No lights, no suspension, no crumple zones, no seatbelts, no safety cell around the gas cylinder in the boot, no driver training and no right to be plying our streets in this day & age.
Old 16th December 2005, 13:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

HELLO?????

Are we forgetting the death traps called Autorickshaws here? They are THE MOST unsafe passenger carrying vehicles anywhere in the world. No frontal, side or roll impact protection whatsoever and just a sheet of rexine and some rusty gas-tube piping to protect passengers.

I believe the originator of this thread prefers this mode of transportation for convenience these days....
Old 16th December 2005, 13:39   #18
BHPian

Don't forget Hamara Bajaj scooter...!
Old 16th December 2005, 13:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

yeah autos are simply the worst as far as safety is concerned.

they should be limited to 20 kmph, really........
Old 16th December 2005, 14:02   #20
cnu
BHPian

Guys, I guess we are talking only about cars in this thread..
Old 16th December 2005, 14:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

I once saw an auto topple when trying to make a sudden 90 degree turn at 20 kmph! the passenger inside the auto went from sitting to standing position in less than a second, with the auto around him! It was a funny sight indeed!
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2005, 14:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
I once saw an auto topple when trying to make a sudden 90 degree turn at 20 kmph! the passenger inside the auto went from sitting to standing position in less than a second, with the auto around him! It was a funny sight indeed!
I've been in one of those, ended up with a fractured right hand and a vein in the finger leaking serious quantities of blood. For all the convenience they offer, they are death traps on one wheel too few.

Last edited by ported_head : 16th December 2005 at 14:15.
Old 16th December 2005, 16:45   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Mumbai's Padmini taxi's take the prize of the most unsafe car in India. No lights, no suspension, no crumple zones, no seatbelts, no safety cell around the gas cylinder in the boot, no driver training and no right to be plying our streets in this day & age.
Yes, Padminis are definitely risky things on four wheels. But then they are from a different era. When they were manufactured the roads and the traffic situation used to be very different from today's day and age. They are anyhow produced no more. So under the current crop of cars Omni still remains the riskiest.
Old 16th December 2005, 17:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
HELLO?????

Are we forgetting the death traps called Autorickshaws here? They are THE MOST unsafe passenger carrying vehicles anywhere in the world. No frontal, side or roll impact protection whatsoever and just a sheet of rexine and some rusty gas-tube piping to protect passengers.

I believe the originator of this thread prefers this mode of transportation for convenience these days....
The thread was abt the least safe car rite..

I think the lack of a car like steering mechanism and a scooter like handle gives it that cutting edge among the nimble footed vehicles like the scooters and other 2 wheelers. The autowallahs always ride/drive( donno whether they ride or drive!) like they are on some dope!
Old 16th December 2005, 20:52   #25
BHPian

omni....no ways...compared to the REVA....its plastic for speaking out loud..1!!!
Old 17th December 2005, 01:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
yeah autos are simply the worst as far as safety is concerned.

they should be limited to 20 kmph, really........
A funny story, a friend of mine who lives in the surburbs once sat in an auto rickshaw and he noticed that the driver was getting a little aggitated so he asked whats going on? The driver was 'saab, brake fail ho gaya' (excuse my hindi). My friend calmly told the driver to pull the auto into a line of bushes ahead, and after a bumpy rough impact, the auto came to a stop. He paid the fare, got out and flagged down another one!

I dont think I have sat in one ever since!
Old 17th December 2005, 13:18   #27
BHPian

Its got to be the Omni. Even though we owned four of them over the years for in city use.
Old 17th December 2005, 13:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
yeah autos are simply the worst as far as safety is concerned...
Probably yes today, maybe not tomorrow, if Ashutosh Kumar has his way! See https://www.humanfactors.com/about/ashutosh.asp
Old 17th December 2005, 14:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

i would say the call center Qualis are the most unsafe ...
overloaded / bald tires / untrained manic (often drunk) drivers @ 80 -120km/h in city traffic ...
are pretty unsafe ....
built wise i'd say the omni ,reva and 800 are the most unsafe cars if faced with an accident ...
Old 23rd December 2005, 05:19   #30
BHPian

I think Scorpio is the unsafest car in India...there are lots of Scorpio in Indian roads....and also accidents involving Scorpio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks