Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2011, 11:29   #1
BHPian

STARTECH Land Rover Defender 90 Yachting Edition

Source: STARTECH Land Rover Defender 90 Yachting Edition

The Land Rover Defender and Mercedes Gelandewagen (G-Class) are the epitome of true off-road vehicles. The Land Rover Defender has been one of my favourite SUVs ever since I was young because of its utilitarian look and a go anywhere attitude, it isn’t as luxurious as the Gelandewagen but German tuners STARTECH (subsidiary of Brabus) took care of that with the Land Rover Defender 90 Yachting Edition, which will be showcased at the Essen Motor Show in Germany.

As the name would suggest, the Defender is based on luxury yachts, which can be seen on the luxurious interior that features premium navy blue leather on the seats and the dashboard with contrasting baseball style cross stitching on the sporty Recaro bucket seats for the driver and front passenger. The headliner is covered with blue Alcantara and the floors feature yacht-styled luxurious wood panels. There is enough luxury in this Defender that it could easily be mistaken for a Range Rover.

The Land Rover Defender 90 Yachting Edition comes with a bright white exterior paint and rides on light weight 5-spoke aluminum wheels with massive 265/75 R16 tires. The Defender also comes with an SVX front grill and body color finish on the light covers.

Prices on the STARTECH Land Rover Defender 90 Yachting Edition haven’t been released yet but I’m guessing it to be around the $100,000 mark. It may seem like a lot but this is a beautiful vehicle that looks like nothing else on or off the road and announces to the world that not only you have money but you also have great taste. I wouldn’t mind parking one of these bad boys in my garage.
Attached Thumbnails
STARTECH Land Rover Defender 90 Yachting Edition-startechlandroverdefenderyachtingwallpaper1.jpg  

STARTECH Land Rover Defender 90 Yachting Edition-startechlandroverdefenderyachtingwallpaper12.jpg  

Old 1st January 2011, 13:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: STARTECH Land Rover Defender 90 Yachting Edition

Brilliant! I dig those no-nonsense exteriors. Perfect machine for going around the world!
Old 1st January 2011, 19:51   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

what a beauty indeed!
just love landies
Old 1st January 2011, 23:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Of all the limited editions in the world,a yachting edition of a defender must be the most strangest combo!

But its looks sooo good!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks