Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:39   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Top Gear Season 16

This Last episode was actually a repeat of an Australian Episode where Its Aus TG vs UK TG, which I am sure most of us where would have already seen. Other than that the only interesting bit was to see Boris Becker in SIARPC.

Btw The Trios comment on a Mexican car has landed them in trouble as the Mexican Ambassador has put in a complaint

News Link
Old 2nd February 2011, 23:06   #92
Team-BHP Support

entertaining?

Man, some people just take the show too seriously!

I love watching Top Gear, as it's good entertainment for an hour. After a stressful day at work it's nice to have a few laughts.

It's like a lot of Indian elders, going to a Russel Peters stand-up show and refusing to laugh at the jokes he makes because "he's insulting their heritage".
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:54   #93
BHPian

Watched both the 1st and 2nd episodes of Top Gear season 16 yesterday and what a show it was !! Top gear is getting better and better. Loved Ariel Atom 500, Ferrari 599 GTO, the Beetle Vs Porsche race and the UK vs OZ. BTW Is the new Stig Tiff Needell?

Did you guys notice that James May wears the same clothes over and over again. He has worn the same shirt which he wears while driving the Arial Atom in a couple of Top Gear episodes and seasons. I have also seen him wear the same t shirt on other shows as well.

Check out this article for more :

The saga of James May and his 'shirts'
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:48   #94
BHPian

'...so,they have used the GTO name in a road car.That's brave,that is like calling your infant son Jesus.You need to be fairly sure that he's going to grow someone very special..and not a burglar' -JC on the 599 GTO

I am in love with his similes.This episode was average but I would always remember this GTO thingy..Just awesome!
Old 4th February 2011, 17:26   #95
Senior - BHPian

Just watched the second episode. Honestly I felt quite bad when they started talking about the Mexican super car and the Mexicans. JC and his team are getting too far with their comments.
Old 4th February 2011, 17:53   #96

Please take it in good humor my friend. But you do know that most of what he says is well....actually true!
Old 4th February 2011, 21:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Please take it in good humor my friend. But you do know that most of what he says is well....actually true!
I am all in for good humour, even I laughed when James mentioned the Mexican super car, but then they just went overboard with it.

Truth? most of what they say on the show is pure BS. I only watch it for the cars, challenges and the brilliant cinematography.
Old 5th February 2011, 12:11   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I am all in for good humour, even I laughed when James mentioned the Mexican super car, but then they just went overboard with it.

Truth? most of what they say on the show is pure BS. I only watch it for the cars, challenges and the brilliant cinematography.
Their humor is based on stereotypes, akin to Russel Peters. The reason why it's funny is that it is true; or probably was true at some point. Such humor will always attract criticism and 'strongly-worded' letters.

Most of what they say is actually true. But they put it across in such a way that everyone will understand what they're on about. And sometimes, the facts get misinterpreted.

After all, it is an entertainment show, many are bound to overlook the facts because of the joke that lurks somewhere in it.
Old 5th February 2011, 19:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

I love top gear but sometimes JC goes overboard just for the sake of humour.

Like in the 458 review he said that it was impossible to see the speed while using sat-nav which was very incorrect because on the opposite screen there is a digital speedo which is always present,and infact was clearly seen in the video.
Old 5th February 2011, 20:07   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
'...so,they have used the GTO name in a road car.That's brave,that is like calling your infant son Jesus.You need to be fairly sure that he's going to grow someone very special..and not a burglar' -JC on the 599 GTO

I am in love with his similes.This episode was average but I would always remember this GTO thingy..Just awesome!

And the end he calls it a "very naughty boy" "waiting to kill you"!! these comments have been repeated before. and more over his liking towards Mercs are kind of little overboard which is clearly indicated when speaks to Borris about his SLS. Anyways good for Merc fans like me
Old 5th February 2011, 20:28   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Challenges : yes, but they are interesting because they are made interesting by these 3 gents. THey make the most boring task look interesting.

Cars: Again there are better car programmes (purely review based : fifth gear), the car reviews are more interesting because they are MADE more interesting by our 3 idiots.

Cinematography: No doubt, this is one of the best looking tv programmes, leave alone car programmes. The Production is better than multi million dollor advt campaigns.

cheers,
ac
Old 7th February 2011, 11:06   #102
Senior - BHPian

Could anyone tell me which episode was the Ferrari 458 Italia featured in? Missed that one.
Old 7th February 2011, 11:25   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Could anyone tell me which episode was the Ferrari 458 Italia featured in? Missed that one.
That was in the episode 6 of Season 15 that is the previous one
Old 7th February 2011, 11:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

The third episode of Season 16 is really good.

I especially loved the car chase between the Merc S65, Rolls Royce Ghost and the chevy cop cars. It even bettered some of the car chases in hollywood movies.
Old 7th February 2011, 17:03   #105
BHPian

Just finished watching the third episode!

Quote:
The third episode of Season 16 is really good.

I especially loved the car chase between the Merc S65, Rolls Royce Ghost and the chevy cop cars. It even bettered some of the car chases in hollywood movies.
You forgot to mention the "Bentley"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks