Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Old 17th February 2011, 15:19   #1

Facelifted Honda Jazz (From Russia)

Found these pictures on a russian site for new restyled jazz.Searched in forum but could not find any existing thread.If there is please post it to the correct thread.
I liked especially the new central console.superb.body changes are few and practically not noticeable.Enjoy.
Facelifted Honda Jazz (From Russia)-3918745.jpeg  

Old 17th February 2011, 15:50   #2

Re: The New Jazz

Front looks much better then the current one. IMO they will retain the current interiors for India version.

Some more clear pics from netcarshow.
Facelifted Honda Jazz (From Russia)-hondajazz_2011_800x600_wallpaper_20.jpg  

Facelifted Honda Jazz (From Russia)-hondajazz_2011_800x600_wallpaper_23.jpg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 17th February 2011 at 15:51.
Old 17th February 2011, 17:19   #3

Central console looks awesome, but I dont think it would given in Indian soil. Exterior changes will only be noticeable to trained eyes!
Old 17th February 2011, 17:29   #4

I like the placement of the fog lamps in the new model.
I have seen these pics in some other thread in this forum as well. So, mods, please do the needful.

The central console is awesome and it has been available in the UK/US models of Jazz/Fit for a long time. So, nothing new about it.

It's sad that Honda does not provide those options in India, even at an additional cost!
Old 17th February 2011, 21:00   #5

More importantly I would prefer a 1.5L version. Even at 10L, it would be an make an amazing hatch! And that too a real rocket!
Old 17th February 2011, 21:18   #6

Originally Posted by ampere View Post
More importantly I would prefer a 1.5L version. Even at 10L, it would be an make an amazing hatch! And that too a real rocket!
Problem is they will have to price the 1.5L closer (or maybe above)to the City, which most definitely will not do any good for Honda.
Old 17th February 2011, 22:36   #7

Problem is they will have to price the 1.5L closer (or maybe above)to the City, which most definitely will not do any good for Honda.
I totally agree. But, then we have a REAL rocket. Just dreaming I would say!
I some how feel, with those specs and even with that price, we may see, sales more than today. As folks who really want it would buy. I would for sure!
Old 17th February 2011, 23:19   #8

Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I totally agree. But, then we have a REAL rocket. Just dreaming I would say!
I some how feel, with those specs and even with that price, we may see, sales more than today. As folks who really want it would buy. I would for sure!
I agree that the 1.5 Jazz will be a rocket. And it handles much better,has much better quality interiors and almost same space compared to the ANHC which will make it amazing to drive.

Currently, Jazz Select is sold at 8L OTR (after discounts) and City V sells at 10.75 lakhs (OTR) after discounts. So, even if the Jazz 1.5 is priced closer to 9L OTR, it will be almost 2 lakhs less than the City V which will be truly amazing.
Yes, it will be almost the same price as the ANHC's base version, but it will be really worth it.
Old 18th February 2011, 06:38   #9

Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I agree that the 1.5 Jazz will be a rocket. And it handles much better,has much better quality interiors and almost same space compared to the ANHC which will make it amazing to drive.

Currently, Jazz Select is sold at 8L OTR (after discounts) and City V sells at 10.75 lakhs (OTR) after discounts. So, even if the Jazz 1.5 is priced closer to 9L OTR, it will be almost 2 lakhs less than the City V which will be truly amazing.
Yes, it will be almost the same price as the ANHC's base version, but it will be really worth it.
Well said. I hope Honda does not do a Hyundai there. Release only an AT 1.5. The MT 1.5 Jazz would be the best one could hope for.
Old 18th February 2011, 08:01   #10

That is one sweet looker of a car. Pity Honda prices itself out of the market. I always think the ANHC is plug ugly compared to its younger sibling!
Old 18th February 2011, 15:06   #11

Re: Facelifted Honda Jazz (From Russia)

While on one side I feel good about Honda releasing a 1.5L, on the other side, I feel bad about not able to own it. I just bought during Sept '10 and a new much better jazz is getting released.
Old 18th February 2011, 15:45   #12

Feels like Honda is getting rid of the strangely designed rear lights. Also the rear looks more like Hyundai i20. Or it could be just me looking at it differently.

Overall feels like too edgy with too many sharp curves and lines. Civic has the best design among the Honda's.
Old 18th February 2011, 16:09   #13

Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

While I wouldnt bet against an all new Jazz at a revised (and higher price point) price, the real question is would they continue to offer Jazz1.2? I think there is a very good case to do that with a further price drop! That would be a neat way to arrange the 2012 line-up with brio covering the 5-6.5 lacs bracket, Jazz1.2 covering the 7-8 lacs bracket, ANJ covering the 8-9.5 lacs bracket and with ANHC covering the 10.5-12 bracket and Civic... you get the idea!

This seems like a very cold and strategic way of nudging their product pricing by 1 lac over time to make room for Brio. Can some one comment compared to 2007 (before Honda announced Jazz) how much has the bottom and top-end Honda City increased in price? Over 2 lacs?

PS:I am too indifferent to worry about an 1.5 I did not buy! But what I know for sure is I wasnt about to spend a lac more on my car this year. So dont care..
Old 19th February 2011, 01:50   #14

Whats the difference between the one on the left and the one n the right? The left looks like the existing one.

I like the wider grille this time, as it takes away the soft, nimble, girlie look the car had otherwise.

The new buttons instead of the knobs look unique, especially since it is mounted in a circular way, replacing the knobs.
Old 19th February 2011, 11:25   #15

Subtle changes and its definately looking better.
The front grill is wider and more anhc like now.
Some chiselling on the front bumper and it looks a bit more agressive and grown up.
The rear bumper is finished better and has taken away the bulbous look of the rear. Earlier rear was making the jazz look like a teardrop.
They had to change the lights, they look clearer and have that shine in them which you expect from hondas. I do not like the tail lights of the existing jazz.
Turn indicators on the orvm are definately welcome. Now please add electric retract.
Interior wise the nav system looks fab, but may not make it to India. Just look at how honda treats their indian customers who pay top dollar and yet dont get all the features. You can see that there is ACC even on the old jazz, so honda should have offered it here too. But wait a minute even the anhc doesnt have Acc so how could they? Honda please stop skimping on features and give them to us. We deserve them.

Last edited by mdsaab : 19th February 2011 at 11:32. Reason: added orvm