Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2011, 23:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Uh Oh, Rolls-Royce going Electric?

After the saddening news that Bentley hitting dirt and going the diesel way, here comes some clue that Electric is the way forward for Rolls.
Attached Thumbnails
Uh Oh, Rolls-Royce going Electric?-978707576784583470.jpg  

Uh Oh, Rolls-Royce going Electric?-1354735824645822385.jpg  

Uh Oh, Rolls-Royce going Electric?-1580104656487677887.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 20th February 2011 at 23:47. Reason: Adding pictures.
Old 20th February 2011, 23:51   #2
BHPian

Re: Uh Oh, Rolls-Royce going Electric?

Great news. RR has always been up for perfection and moving ahead with the times. Electric vehicles are the way to go. Also, I believe that RR will be a pioneer and soon we can expect some breakthrough technology from their stable.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:31   #3
BHPian

There is a huge amount of investment going on funding the development of new battery chemistries(right word?). Right now fossil fuels ( read petrol and diesel and CNG/LNG) have the advantage of energy density i.e. the amount of energy being stored per unit of quantity over electricity storage solutions currently available.

However what is being missed by the public at large is their daily amount of travel on an average , for the vast majority, does not hold them to ransom to this characteristic of fossil fuels. The real impediment is the high cost of acquiring a battery pack which entails a very substantial upfront investment. Once this hurdle is crossed EVs' are going to be a much more common sight than they have been heretofore.

Last edited by RS_DEL : 21st February 2011 at 13:33.
Old 21st February 2011, 16:25   #4
BHPian

I think going eco friendly is pretty good . Let us just face it , the rising oil prices and depletion of resources etc will eventually lead us to using all these kinds of cars . BTW i hope that the electric cars in the future have some nice sound modules . I really love the way the IC engines sound . Dont want to write more on environment so i will stop right here .

But that spirit of ecstasy looks COOL and a bit Cheap at the same time . Hope RR execute the design well .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks