Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 15:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: JAGUAR XF 3.0 Petrol Vs BMW 523i

^^ Jaguar surely is the eyeball magnet amongst the trio, this may change as the no. of Jaguars increase on our roads.
Old 26th February 2011, 17:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I felt the opposite, I drove both Jaguar XF and BMW 5s back to back last month, apart from the pop out gear selector, lightning and AC vents which swivel open in the Jag i did find the Interiors in the BMW to be of better quality and more suited to a car of this segment.

The Jag surely looks more exclusive and expensive but it is not a match to BMW when it comes to overall spaciousness, Ride, Handling etc

Worth taking your word for it , if you have had back to back rides in both.
I just had a brief stint in the f10 and noticed the XF insides extensively in pictures only so am sure you have a better idea.
In the interiors department IMO Audi has always set the benchmarks as far as the 3 Germans are concerned and the Jaguar interiors appeared to be a breath of fresh air.
I wouldn't be surprised at all knowing quality wise the BMW better the Jaguar but would you even call the 5's interiors more artistic, 'beautiful' than the XF's ?
Old 26th February 2011, 17:31   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

The BMW 5 is a car that I would buy the day I can afford it.

Seriously, though- I need to get me a job in Muscat!
Old 26th February 2011, 17:33   #19
BHPian

You guys making the decision even more tougher.I was expecting this at team BHP . As you guys know im not very interested/liking in (for) the interiosr of the car as I know both are ok for me . I m more interested in the engines, handling, and driving pleasure of the car. I will have the car for only 2 years before an upgrade.
Old 27th February 2011, 19:45   #20
BHPian

I'd have chosen the Jag if i were you...

Its the best looker in its class; better stats and luxury on offer, much more exclusive on the road and to top it off, considerably cheaper than the BMW although you can afford the latter as well
Old 28th February 2011, 09:06   #21
BHPian

Technically Jaguar is 2 years older to the 5 series, so does not have 8 speed box and few other features. Last year I evaluated diesel models of both brands in U.K., and found Jaguar XF provided more driving pleasure and had better feel good factor. So XF was a better buy than 5.

I drove that car for 2 months and my son has been driving that since September and is very happy with the car. You can read my ownership review also on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

Last edited by akj53 : 28th February 2011 at 09:09.
Old 28th February 2011, 13:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Technically Jaguar is 2 years older to the 5 series, so does not have 8 speed box and few other features. Last year I evaluated diesel models of both brands in U.K., and found Jaguar XF provided more driving pleasure and had better feel good factor. So XF was a better buy than 5.

I drove that car for 2 months and my son has been driving that since September and is very happy with the car. You can read my ownership review also on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

Hi Akj53 sir,
I have seen your ownership report and was pretty interested with the JAG. I also know the the JAG diesel is a great engine, but is the petrol as good? I stay in Middle east and we dont have the diesels here. Do you have any idea on the petrol? There is hardly any ownership/driving report for the petrol 3.0 V6 JAG engine( loads for supercharged petrol).

Thanks
Sudhir
Old 1st March 2011, 10:05   #23
BHPian

XF diesel has better milage and power / torque than petrol, therefore sells more than petrol in U.K. However apart from engine I don't think there is any other difference in both the models. So interior, kit and the technicals should be same.

As per your first post, XF gives better power and torque at a lower price than 523i. Further you get a assured buy back at 65% after two years, which is a great offer. So in my opinion XF makes a much better buy than 523i. Also even the base model of XF carries more kit than the 5 series which will become even more costly when you add up the equivalent options.

So go with XF. I am sure you will not regret your decision.

Best of Luck and Please do post your decision and ownership review.
Old 1st March 2011, 15:02   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe offtopic a bit but you mentioned twice that Middle East doesn't offer diesel option. Why- do they not have diesel there?
Old 1st March 2011, 15:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Maybe offtopic a bit but you mentioned twice that Middle East doesn't offer diesel option. Why- do they not have diesel there?
Diesel is more expensive in GCC and hence manaufactures dont get them and I believe there is some restriction on selling diesel to common people. Only govt./heavy duty vehicles are allowed to get diesel.
Old 1st March 2011, 16:48   #26
BHPian

Though i've not driven the new 5 series as yet, but it is said that it's not as sharp as the old one.IMO the older 5 series handled a bit better that the XF. Also the petrol engine on the XF is pretty good.
I guess you may not go wrong with either. But the XF seems to be better deal.
Have you taken a test drive your self?
All the best.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks