Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2011, 13:45   #1
Team-BHP Support

Skoda Unveils VisionD

This bit of news looks quite interesting - new design language for Skoda cars.

Reference is from the website below.
Skoda Unveils VisionD - Singapore Motoring News - Oneshift.com

It says "Skoda unveils a design concept called “VisionD“ that shows the brand's new direction towards extending its model portfolio and intensifying its activity in Europe, as well as in China, India and Russia."

The headlights do have quite a bit of Audi influence. This could be face of new Octavia / Laura for 2012. Interesting!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Unveils VisionD-skoda-vision-d-1.jpg  

Skoda Unveils VisionD-skoda-vision-d-2.jpg  

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th March 2011 at 13:47. Reason: Pics added...
Old 5th March 2011, 13:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Unveils VisionD

I already posted the same and it was moved to the Geneva Show thread as this concept was unveiled there. Mods i feel there should be a separate thread for this as the next gen Octavia/Laura as it is relevant for India.
Old 5th March 2011, 14:28   #3
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Nikhil!

Moderators: Apologies for the duplicate thread. Please help to delete this, or merge to relevant thread. Thanks.
Old 5th March 2011, 15:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks super sexy! Hope this new design language finds its way to the production cars soon!
Old 5th March 2011, 16:17   #5
BANNED

This is the most beautiful skoda i have ever seen. Let's hope this is the same design all the next gen skoda cars carry. I dont think this will be the octavia or laura for 2012, but they may carry the same front design as this one. Not too sure about the rear though.
Old 5th March 2011, 17:50   #6
BHPian

Quite frankly, this was bound to happen so that the present/future parts bin from the VW group can be utilized by Skoda.

The Audi range, Passats and Jettas alike get upgraded whilst Skoda capitalizes on the . The only design efforts implemented by Skoda itself is the bumpers, grill and slight alteration of the curves in the sheet metal stamps.

Albeit, the way Skoda puts the whole kit together in a cohesive manner is commendable and still manages to make the car feel in-line with the current trends of design.
Old 6th March 2011, 14:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
This is the most beautiful skoda i have ever seen. Let's hope this is the same design all the next gen skoda cars carry. I dont think this will be the octavia or laura for 2012, but they may carry the same front design as this one. Not too sure about the rear though.
Well, looking at the notchback styling, this could be the design DNA for the new Octavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Quite frankly, this was bound to happen so that the present/future parts bin from the VW group can be utilized by Skoda.

The Audi range, Passats and Jettas alike get upgraded whilst Skoda capitalizes on the . The only design efforts implemented by Skoda itself is the bumpers, grill and slight alteration of the curves in the sheet metal stamps.

Albeit, the way Skoda puts the whole kit together in a cohesive manner is commendable and still manages to make the car feel in-line with the current trends of design.
Totally agree. Earlier it was mainly engine and technology sharing, but off-late, the VW group designs have started looking very similar (for e.g.; 2011 Jetta having design cues from A4).
Old 6th March 2011, 18:42   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well i may as well post the other pix that i have posted on the other thread... the interior looks beautiful....
Images courtesy Auto Express
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Unveils VisionD-vision-2.jpg  

Skoda Unveils VisionD-vision-d-1.jpg  

Last edited by nik_kapur : 6th March 2011 at 18:43.
Old 6th March 2011, 22:28   #9

Whoa! those snaps look very nice! If it comes through it'll be a good step forward by Skoda auto. Except for the Laura none of their other (Indian) models can be termed as good lookers(IMO). If they introduce something based on this design under the Octavia nameplate with the diesel engine which presently does duty on the VW Vento, they'll have a winner on their hands.
Old 6th March 2011, 22:41   #10
BHPian

Dont you guys think VW , Audi and now Skoda are all looking the same now , especially the headlight cluster part . For some reason the flow designs like those of toyota and mazda are no longer in fashion. DRLs have become a common point in almost all cars and now people have those LED strips on their Indicas also . Its weird . I dont find this design new at all . Looks attractive but nothing new about it
Old 6th March 2011, 23:09   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Dont you guys think VW , Audi and now Skoda are all looking the same now , especially the headlight cluster part . For some reason the flow designs like those of toyota and mazda are no longer in fashion. DRLs have become a common point in almost all cars and now people have those LED strips on their Indicas also . Its weird . I dont find this design new at all . Looks attractive but nothing new about it
It's true that they all have some sort of common design element, but I really do like the way they look. Plus they're all owned and run by VW. It's best if brands kept different design identities, but I guess that the new trend seems to be, " if it sells, copy, modify and sell it under a different brand". But then VW is trying to become the largest car manufacturer in the world. The theory seems to be working so far.
Old 7th March 2011, 10:28   #12
BHPian

A pretty nice design indeed. I can see 1st generation Fabia influence on the front end. And the interior is mostly an evolution, esp. the center console. Steering wheel hints at Honda Civic's one.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DRLs have become a common point in almost all cars and now people have those LED strips on their Indicas also . Its weird . I dont find this design new at all . Looks attractive but nothing new about it
True but the DRL craze is not just restricted to the VW group.
Some very bright brain at Mercedes Benz AG thought that lifting those DRLs off the Audi A4 and sticking them onto their flagship S-class would only add to the elegance and oomph factor like it did for the Audi.
For me they look absolutely hideous and probably 1 of the most pathetic moves on the part of Mercedes.
Old 7th March 2011, 16:55   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Some very bright brain at Mercedes Benz AG thought that lifting those DRLs off the Audi A4 and sticking them onto their flagship S-class would only add to the elegance and oomph factor like it did for the Audi.
For me they look absolutely hideous and probably 1 of the most pathetic moves on the part of Mercedes.
Not only Mercs my friend. I think the latest Porsches also come with DRLs . Am not sure why someone would wanna do that . Even with Audis I used to like the way they would design their headlamp cluster but with newer models their designs are now starting to look weirder .
Old 7th March 2011, 19:39   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Quote:
Not only Mercs my friend. I think the latest Porsches also come with DRLs . Am not sure why someone would wanna do that . Even with Audis I used to like the way they would design their headlamp cluster but with newer models their designs are now starting to look weirder .
I guess thats an evolution in the industry. DRL is not a bad thing to have. That said, I personally feel that the DRLs look the best on A4.

Most Viewed