Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 11:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Its gorgeous! Brilliantly designed. The DB9 also looked good, but they have done a commendable job here. Also the wheels are spectacular. Kudos!
Old 11th June 2009, 12:01   #77
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Forgive me but the design is the same as any other aormal Aston Martin. Its beautiful but nothing unique. The car (along with the Panamera) looks like its been modded by some limo-manufacturer who stretch Ferrari's and Hummers. It looks like a case of stretching an Aston Martin.

Look at the Lamborghini Estoque, thats what I would call a unique design.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:02   #78
BHPian

Now, THAT is a car and a half, man!!!! Superb looking, mean and aggressive.
Old 11th June 2009, 13:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Forgive me but the design is the same as any other aormal Aston Martin. Its beautiful but nothing unique. The car (along with the Panamera) looks like its been modded by some limo-manufacturer who stretch Ferrari's and Hummers. It looks like a case of stretching an Aston Martin.

Look at the Lamborghini Estoque, thats what I would call a unique design.
+1. EXACTLY. Ugly headlamps and overall, just a stretched Aston, which by default makes it beautiful, but so what?
Old 16th June 2009, 05:50   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
+1. EXACTLY. Ugly headlamps and overall, just a stretched Aston, which by default makes it beautiful, but so what?
Cuz there ain't no need to take risks and potentially go wrong with something that works. The idea behind any business (be it a bespoke, niche automobile firm) in today's world is profit maximisation. This is precisely what the Rapide will help achieve too. Atleast the coachbuilders got the design more on the mark than the Panamera, which is just sheer doggy barf
Old 16th June 2009, 10:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So we admire beautiful cars here..besides its not often that coupes are stretched into sedans that result in something which is anywhere near this beauty..This car is an exception,breaking all conventional moulds and still ending up looking gorgeous
Old 6th August 2009, 23:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Almost production-ready luxury saloon is spied at the Nurburgring

Aston Martin Rapide | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express
It’s the moment Aston Martin fans have been waiting for. Here are the first ever images of the new four door Rapide, testing undisguised!

Spied lapping the Nurburgring in Germany, this car clearly shows off its glass roof, distinctive door arrangement and bold rear.

Based on the same ‘vertical-horizontal’ chassis that underpins the firm’s successful DB9 and DBS sportscars the newcomer promises a unique blend of performance, space and style.

First versions will be powered by a 6.0-litre V12, developing around 450bhp. However further down the line, Aston is also hinting the new hybrid models could also be on offer.

Set to hit the road in 2010, the car is the first four the firm has built since the Lagonda project of the late 1970s, more importantly though this model is also expected to be the first Aston Martin built outside the UK.

The current plan sees the giant machine being assembled at Magna Steyr, in Austria.

Prices are still to be confirmed, but likely to exceed £100,000 as the model battles Porsche Panamera, and flagship editions of the forthcoming Audi A7 and Mercedes CLS.
Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7-car_photo_305131_25.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7-car_photo_305135_25.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7-car_photo_305134_25.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7-car_photo_305132_25.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7-car_photo_305133_25.jpg
Old 7th August 2009, 12:58   #83
BHPian

Simply wowwwww..!! 6 ltr V12, BMW 760 ( i / Li ) also has the same if m not mistaken which I believe is available in a lesser price. But ofcourse, an AM deserves the premium and that too a 5 door one.
Old 7th August 2009, 13:10   #84
BHPian

The car looks fantastic, but don't you think the back doors are a little too small? and this car may not after all be able to sit 4 in comfort.

Hence my question is, if this car can't sit 4 in comfort, what's the point making it a sedan?
Old 7th August 2009, 14:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
The car looks fantastic, but don't you think the back doors are a little too small? and this car may not after all be able to sit 4 in comfort.

Hence my question is, if this car can't sit 4 in comfort, what's the point making it a sedan?
Its going to carry 4 lucky people in supreme comfort.Trust me
Old 10th August 2009, 19:32   #86
Senior - BHPian

Aston Martin Rapide scans surface - first full interior view

We've seen the Aston Martin Rapide numerous times, but we haven't managed to get a decent glimpse of the interior - until now.

As this leaked photo most likely from a scanned brochure shows, the Rapide will feature four seats which will be separated by a massive center console that runs from the dash to the trunk. Other unique touches include a dual screen rear entertainment system, individual climate and audio controls for the rear passengers (possibly through an iDrive-like system), and a collapsible bulkhead that offers added cargo capacity.

Set to ride on an extended version of the DB9's platform, the Rapide will be powered by a 6.0-liter V12 engine that produces 470bhp (350kW) and 600Nm of torque. This should enable the car to rocket from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds, before hitting a top speed in excess of 180 mph.

Look for the Aston Martin Rapide to be offically unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, with production scheduled to begin shortly thereafter.

Source: autoblog.nl
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7-6257793.jpg  

Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7-5564071.jpg  

Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7-6513513.jpg  

Old 10th August 2009, 19:55   #87
Senior - BHPian

It's undoubtedly the most beautiful 4-door! The interior is a work of art.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:12   #88
Senior - BHPian

Sigh. The Quattroporte it is.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:17   #89
Senior - BHPian

i'm sure its going to hit the panamera sales. The aston looks astonishing. The design is balanced. a winner I see in the Rapide.
Old 10th August 2009, 22:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
i'm sure its going to hit the panamera sales. The aston looks astonishing. The design is balanced. a winner I see in the Rapide.
Its a beauty.But will cost a bomb,a considerable amount more than the ungainly looking Panamera.

Quote:
Sigh. The Quattroporte it is.
The Quattroporte it is still,but this comes dangerously close!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks