Team-BHP - Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Aston Martin DB9 Sedan - Rapide - Production Version - Video & Photos on Pg 7 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/9781-aston-martin-db9-sedan-rapide-production-version-video-photos-pg-7-a.html)

Check this out..

Aston Martin to unveil 2007 Rapide Concept

Wow...I love it more than the Flying Spur

Its made to compete with the Quattroporte. I would have prefered a rather different shape.

Mercedes with the CLS....Porsche with the Panamera...Maserati with the quattroporte.
No wonder Aston Martin also decided to join the badwagon.Who next??

Looks Wow.
One of the best 4 door Coupes in terms of looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
Mercedes with the CLS....Porsche with the Panamera...Maserati with the quattroporte.
No wonder Aston Martin also decided to join the badwagon.Who next??

A very likely guess would be Lamborghini, but I'm certain they wouldn't need to do such a thing, considering Audi is satisfied with the sports saloons it has on offer. Perchance Ferrari with an elongated 575/612/600? Hideous?

The Rapide concept appears to look exactly, and I repeat, EXACTLY like a DB9, but just somewhat stretched. I'm sure they can make a few minor adjustments. Nevertheless, it still looks rather gorgeous.

Looks gorgeous........ bet it has awesome specs as well..... dying to see one on the road.

That car is here to sell. Looks amazing...esp. for a 4 door(and I kept thinking that the 612 looks great)...now thats what I would call a British Bombshell!

This is possibly the most beautiful 4 door saloon in the world! But, as Stratos said, a change of shape would be helpful. Look at the size of the rear door window - hardly useful. The DB9 may well be the most beautiful car in the world, but, let it remain a coupe.

Oh, let it be a little impractical. Will an S-class or 7 series ever look 1 percent as beautiful as this? Never.
I think these people are doing a great job. Ever since the DB7, nothing but beautiful designs have come out. Astons are some of the most beautiful cars of all time......
At times when trusted people like Ferrari and BMW are losing their way, it is left to companies like Aston and Lamborghini to keep the flame alight.

Nothing beats Aston Martin in terms of styling..The vanquish, vantage everytin look damn hot, and not just that but go like stink too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos
Its made to compete with the Quattroporte.

buddy, if Aston Martin has to compete with Maserati then they'll have to blow down their prices tremendously.
a Maserati Quattroporte costs around $1,06,550 (KBB MSRP).
a Maserati GranSport costs around $1,03,522 (KBB MSRP), whereas an Aston Martin DB9 costs around $1,60,000 (KBB MSRP).

the Aston Martin Rapide will have to be priced very aggresively to compete with the Quattroporte, ie. around the same range as the DB9.

if it prods into $200K+ territory then it knocks on Bentley Arnage territory but around an average price of say $1,80,000, it'll compete well with the Bentley Continental Flying Spur and there is a good chance it'll begin eating into sales of the Flying Spur which hasn't been as much of a success as VW had hoped it would have been.

ad

That is one sexy car. I want one...besides the 1000 other cars I think I want :D

Quote:

With its Le Mans racing program soon to be bolstered by GT2 and LMP1Rapide to its production line-up. And if this spy shot is any indication, things seem to be moving along nicely. entries, and with sales of its ever-so-desirable GTs ever increasing, Aston Martin is preparing to add the four-door
Aston was anticipated to decide by year's end where the Rapide would be built. Although the company just moved to a new facility in Gaydon, the automaker was reportedly in discussions with a number of smaller contractors – including Pininfarina, Karmann, Magna-Steyr and Valmet – over potentially outsourcing the Rapide's manufacturing. As we already know, these private coachbuilders are all in dire need of the contract.
Confirmation that Aston would build the Rapide was one of the first things its new owners did after acquiring the company from Ford, and we're looking forward to seeing the production version in the flesh after seeing this spy shot.
Spy Shot: Aston Martin Rapide - Autoblog

whoa !! it looks stunning , but it remains to see whether they have packed enough room in the rear or it might end up like a CLS cramped at the rear ....

clap: Stunning! Retaining the lines of the DB9,yet independent in its own ways. I'd prefer these to the Flying Spur, anyday!