Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2006, 18:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Lamborghini Miura! Pics!

These are the pics of a concept which may be the all new Lamborghini Miura. The shape, still same as the old Miura, looks awesome even today. The battle between this and the Ford GT would be amazing.

Source: Supercars.net
Old 5th January 2006, 18:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

Its a little TOO Ford GT in my opinion.... (side and rear).

IF this is actually to be believed im sure they could draw up some styling similarities between this and the new bulls of today...

cya
R
Old 5th January 2006, 18:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Automobili Lamborghini brings back a legendary name from the companys past with the breathtaking Lamborghini Miura Concept. The Lamborghini Miura Concept? will be the first Lamborghini vehicle to be conjured from the talented pen of Walter de Silva, Head of Lamborghini Design. de Silvas other design responsibilities include serving as Head of Design of Audi Group. The talented designer?s idea for the new concept was simple: a retro-inspired look heralding back to one of the auto worlds most famous icons, the legendary Miura.

Automobili Lamborghini anxiously begins the New Year with the highly anticipated unveiling of the Lamborghini Miura Concept, a truly modern interpretation of the Lamborghini Miura. Currently celebrating its 40th Anniversary, the Miura was originally designed by Marcello Gandini and was first publicly presented at the 1966 Geneva Motor Show by Ferruccio Lamborghini and Nuccio Bertone. To this day, the Miura remains one of the most beautiful sportcars ever created.

The new concept model, which as of now, is strictly a concept with no firm date set for its production launch, is the inspired creation of de? Silva, the world-famous Italian designer. He has redesigned every aspect of the car while remaining absolutely faithful to the original form. The new car retains the extraordinary purity of line characteristic of the original Miura.

The designer?s intervention has been defined by refining the contours and eliminating any superfluous detail in order to enhance the clean, simple lines and perfectly-balanced proportions of the original that so impassioned enthusiasts. The restyling of the lower part of the body takes the car?s structural strength and aerodynamic performance to new heights, without disturbing the delicate aesthetic equilibrium. Even the touches of contemporary styling applied to the interior, the lights, and the wheels have been carefully measured to achieve a homogenous design that is both timeless and immediately recognisable.

And so a true design icon is reborn. ?Over the last two years,? explains Walter de? Silva, I have often dreamt of redesigning the Miura. Now, thanks to my new position at the head of Lamborghini design and the enthusiastic support of the Lamborghini CEO, Stephan Winkelmann, I have been able to turn that dream into a reality.

The ?Lamborghini Miura Concept will be on show at the Lamborghini stand at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Source: Italiaspeed.com
Old 5th January 2006, 19:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Rehaan here. It looks far too much like a Ford GT competitor. Will it use the 5.0 L V10 ?
Old 5th January 2006, 19:58   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Source : Edmunds
Old 5th January 2006, 21:07   #6
BHPian

Well i did read somewhere while searching for some information on the new Miura that the old Miura was styled being inspired by the Ford GT40 (???) so, it wont be surprising to see the new Miura looking similar to the new Ford GT. The one in the pics above is i guess called the Green Concept
Old 5th January 2006, 21:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

when the doors open, do they still make it look like a horns of a bull ????

the guys who know this special feature about the old miura will know what i m talking about.

this was the beginning of lambos tryst with ROCKING DOORS.
Old 5th January 2006, 21:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

OH MY GOD WHAT AN AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL CARRRRRR.....

Oh lord, certainly the most beatiful car in the last 2 years at least. JUST LOOK AT IT.

I will pray everyday for Lambo to put it in production. Walter da silva is truly a genius.

Ok, I know, Its not entirely a fresh design, but what a beauty!!!!!

Anyway, where will it slot in in the presetn range anyway?
Old 5th January 2006, 21:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

this is the latest spy pic

she's beautiful !!Lambo has plans to give it the same but upgraded LM 6.5L V12 good for 700bhp..
Old 5th January 2006, 21:43   #10
BHPian

Lambos rock!!! Always loved the looks of the miura, a timeless beauty really. The new miura looks hot as well, good to know the miura is coming back. I bet its going to be one mean car.
Old 5th January 2006, 22:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
this is the latest spy pic

she's beautiful !!Lambo has plans to give it the same but upgraded LM 6.5L V12 good for 700bhp..
we surely have a 'enzo' eater here. . .
Old 5th January 2006, 22:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

we will have a veyron beater too amongst the exotic cars ..Lamborghini is planning to unveil a 1000bhp Murci ..
Old 5th January 2006, 23:29   #13
BHPian

In My openion its like a combo of a Ford GT and a Mushtang. so i can say its a car which has taken inspiratoin from "FORD"
Old 6th January 2006, 05:45   #14
BHPian

ohh my GOD! What a stunning machine...looks awesme buddy...Lamborghini

has charted a masterpiece yet again...KUDOS..i am spell bounded n wanna

check out its power and performance...cant wait man!
Old 6th January 2006, 05:50   #15
BHPian

how aesthetic and time bound can a car be? truly amazing...FORD GT has found a new twin in miura which appears to burn the road with its heat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks