Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 18:20   #16
BHPian

re: International consumers react against poor customer service and bad automobiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
This is an act of vandalism and deserves to be condemned roundly by all right-thinking people.

How can you smash up your own car? This is like publicly euthanising your own pet because you are unhappy with the treatment your vet provided . Sorry for the bad analogy but it seems quite obvious the guy never had any love for the machine. He's just hurt that his money and influence can't get him some attention he thinks he deserves.

Shame on him, and all those hailing him.
Those are some pretty strong comments. The guy has tried everything to set things right and resorted to this action when nothing worked.

I don't think there is anything wrong with what he did. And I consider myself right-thinking and am definitely not ashamed to hold this view.
Old 16th March 2011, 19:35   #17
BHPian

re: International consumers react against poor customer service and bad automobiles

Quote:
This is an act of vandalism and deserves to be condemned roundly by all right-thinking people.

How can you smash up your own car? This is like publicly euthanising your own pet because you are unhappy with the treatment your vet provided . Sorry for the bad analogy but it seems quite obvious the guy never had any love for the machine. He's just hurt that his money and influence can't get him some attention he thinks he deserves.

Stop taking the moral highway when the guy did not violate any laws. And then there is a small issue of living things Vs. non-living things. So, comparison with a pet is not justified.

I think this is a bold statement from the guy, who can afford to let go few hundred thousand dollars. However I don't know what his act has achieved either for him or others.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:16   #18
BHPian

Hi
It really hurts to see such a beauty being destroyed. Whatever be the reason this is totally against what a sane human mind conceive. What purpose would it serve except to give the jokers in newspapers to write about it and shove it away. I for one would never support this behavior. Their is a quote about a Maharajah which would be the perfect response to these kind of situations. Cheers
Old 16th March 2011, 22:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

A car can't be demolished; it can only be wrecked!

Cars are deliberately wrecked for movies all the time, the latest being a new Merc in Endhiran. So what's the big deal?

Last edited by Gansan : 16th March 2011 at 22:33.
Old 16th March 2011, 23:10   #20
BHPian

This is indeed a shame.
An ultra premium brand like Lamborghini not treating its customers with respect.
AND the owner destroying a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I'm sure there could have been a better (and less brutal) way of dealing with this.

I have to agree with noopster on this. Nothing but a show of strength when a lesser show of influence didn't work.
I refuse to hail this act.

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 16th March 2011, 23:13   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I agree. +1

What a fellow!

This guy has lots of money and doesn't know what to do with it. Is thrashing your own car publicly, the answer? How does he suppose Lamborghini would react to something like this?

I've got two words for this chap: Attention Seeker.

This reminds me of a similar incident.

On another note, and slightly off-topic, a certain individual had bought a black 911 a few years ago and decided that it wouldn't look very nice in his garage. So he threw it into a metal-compacter and took whatever was left of the scrap and put it on display! I think this article along with its photos are up somewhere on this forum.

How I would love to create a public event and lynch the twit.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th March 2011 at 23:15.
Old 17th March 2011, 00:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what he did with the leftover car , even that can potentially fetch him a BOMB.
Old 17th March 2011, 03:26   #23
BHPian

I think he has achieved what he wanted. He embarrassed Lamborghini as a bad customer service provider. He got publicity all over the world and he proved a lamborghini means nothing to him if the company is not ready to provide aftersale service.
What is up with people comparing it to a pet.. Are you kidding me???

Some people like to yell at the employee at service station for not getting satisfaction.. this guy has his own way of humiliating the company..

Last edited by Mike89 : 17th March 2011 at 03:35.
Old 17th March 2011, 08:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

If I use any of the words I have for the owner of this car, I'd be banned from this forum for life.

Here is a video of this epic sacrilege!
Old 17th March 2011, 08:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am shocked to know that even these companies who charge such a brand premium do not entertain troubled customers.
The higher you go in the luxury ladder the crappier the A.S.S gets. We should be thankful we have Maruti.

I have heard enough stories about Honda, Hyunda, SKoda, BMW and Audi and i can only say that expecting services like what maruti does will only give you painful disappointment.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:16   #26
BHPian

I fully support the owner of the Lambo for smashing his car to bits n pieces. The company must have already lost 100 potential buyers in China and around the world.

Well done

Captain Nandu Chitnis
Old 17th March 2011, 12:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why people think it was not right. It was the guy's money and his car. He chose to do it to show how frustrated he was. A car that has so many problems is not a car that you should feel good about.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I don't know why people think it was not right. It was the guy's money and his car. He chose to do it to show how frustrated he was. A car that has so many problems is not a car that you should feel good about.
As someone said earlier in this thread, would you kill your dog simply because its not getting proper care/service from the Vet? It is very much a similar situation here too. No auto-lover could stand such cruelty to an automotive. No offense intended. Just my opinion.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:46   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Looks like you have never owned a lemon before. Sorry, I don't agree with you. He bought a very expensive machine that didn't work as promised. The car company didn't bother to fix his car. Therefore, he has all the rights to hit back at the car company where it hurts. Fortunately, he could afford to do this.

I am sure no animal or human was hurt in this smashing operation. It is a car, not a living being. So, get real. Only the prestige of Lamborghini car company has been tainted badly, as deserved. His rage is not against the car, but against the company that didn't care.

Few years back I had bought a PBX which was a lemon, it worked only half the time and the manufacturer or the dealer showed no interest in fixing it. After a few weeks of screaming at them, I really wanted to take a video of smashing that stupid PBX box and send it them. Finally I just threw the damn PBX into garbage and moved on. BTW, I earn my living via PBX software.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th March 2011 at 12:48.
Old 17th March 2011, 12:46   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
I think this is a bold statement from the guy, who can afford to let go few hundred thousand dollars. However I don't know what his act has achieved either for him or others.
We ARE discussing it, aint it?
and this is just one forum out of thousands!
Imagine the spikes on the head honchos at lamborghini china.

bold statement, yes.
but certainly not someone who bought the car with his heart, me thinks.

Most Viewed