Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 08:15   #46
BHPian

re: International consumers react against poor customer service and bad automobiles

Any idea what is Lomborgini Company's offical reaction to this? The hits on the video has crossed a million !
Old 18th March 2011, 08:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: International consumers react against poor customer service and bad automobiles

Somebody breaking his car which he bought from his money is understandable.
Doing it in full public view to gain attention of millions to show what crappy machine/service he got for his money is understandable as frustration.

There might be many who just sell of such expensive cars when they are not happy. So this customer is different.
Old 18th March 2011, 08:44   #48
BHPian

its a painful thing to watch, specially with a piece or art (which I consider Lamborghini to be).Few comments to be made

1. Talking about euthanasia of a ill performing pet due to lack of a proper vet and comparing it to a vandalism of a vehicle manufactured by a company is wrong. The VET doesn't manufacture or even give birth to the pet, does he?

2. If a vet doesn't perform well, you can always go to another one. In case of a Lamborghini, you can't really go to your friendly neighborhood mechanic now, can you ?

3. The biggest one is the fact that FERRUCIO decided to build cars because he was unhappy with his Ferrari's After Sales Service . I am slightly confused as of now . I don't know whether whats worst, a man vandalizing his own vehicle or a automotive company forgetting its DNA.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:32   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

This reminds me of a similar incident.

On another note, and slightly off-topic, a certain individual had bought a black 911 a few years ago and decided that it wouldn't look very nice in his garage. So he threw it into a metal-compacter and took whatever was left of the scrap and put it on display! I think this article along with its photos are up somewhere on this forum.

How I would love to create a public event and lynch the twit.
I don't understand how you can compare the topic in-hand with a act of whimsical behavior from the 911 owner. This Lambo owner did try his best to get the issues sorted out in a prescribed manner and as a last resort, after being frustrated by the customer-relations attitude, smashed his car. I concur with the Lambo owner . But still destroying a supercar does break my heart.
Old 18th March 2011, 12:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

ATTENTION SEEKER, is the only thing that comes to my mind. No man, and I mean NO man in his right senses can think of doing this. He either has a lot of money to throw away or he doesnt really understand vehicles. "I have the money, I buy the car. Hmm Lambo, ok, sounds good".

Whats wrong with the dude? Did this act make any change in the way the company treats its customers? ONE person doing this may get publicity, thanks to Youtube and all, but does it really address the main issue?

Ok, the guy got an extremely pricey Lemon. Frustrated at the attitude of the company, made him take such measures, but then still, was there nothing he could have done? Filed a case maybe?

Doing it on World Consumer day, makes me see it more as a publicity gimmic.
There are Courts that address such matters. If a guy can afford a Lambo, then im sure, he has the right contacts, or even the force to take the company to the court.

Shamefull act.

P.S: These are my views, and I do appreciate others having their own too.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 18th March 2011 at 12:51.
Old 18th March 2011, 12:40   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
This is an act of vandalism and deserves to be condemned roundly by all right-thinking people.

How can you smash up your own car? This is like publicly euthanising your own pet because you are unhappy with the treatment your vet provided . Sorry for the bad analogy but it seems quite obvious the guy never had any love for the machine. He's just hurt that his money and influence can't get him some attention he thinks he deserves.

Shame on him, and all those hailing him.
Chill out. Its his car and its in his power to decide what he does to it. More over, he had done all he could before going Terminator on the car. And where in the world was Lamborghini when he was looking for help?

And like someone said here before, We only invented this thing starting with the Maharajah. And if I remember correct, The Maharajah used his entire fleet of Rollers as manure movers. That really shook up the arrogant boss men in England back then. Also from what we have seen, Most automotive MNC's think that "third world people" (According to them) will digest whatever thrown to them. Its high time they respect us more than that for crying out loud.

Last edited by jalex77 : 18th March 2011 at 12:46.
Old 18th March 2011, 12:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex77 View Post
Chill out. Its his car and its in his power to decide what he does to it. More over, he had done all he could before going Terminator on the car. And where in the world was Lamborghini when he was looking for help?

And like someone said here before, We only invented this thing starting with the Maharajah in Patiala. And if I remember correct, The maharajah used his entire fleet of Rollers as manure movers. That really shook up the arrogant boss men in England back then. Also from what we have seen, Most automotive MNC's think that "third world people" (According to them) will digest whatever thrown to them. Its high time they respect us more than that for crying out loud.
I agree. Agression is uncalled for unless absolutely necessary. Having done everything the correct way, it seems this was the only way he could take vengence after paying so much on a super car. Anyways, this act is fruitful only if Lambo guys take some positive action. Untill then it is negative publicity for Lambo.
Old 18th March 2011, 12:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
ATTENTION SEEKER, is the only thing that comes to my mind. No man, and I mean NO man in his right senses can think of doing this. He either has a lot of money to throw away or he doesnt really understand vehicles. "I have the money, I buy the car. Hmm Lambo, ok, sounds good".

P.S: There are my views, and I do appreciate others having their own too.
A simple question, tell me what would you do if you spend a fortune and you are given a lemon and the company shows highhandedness and doesn't care to fix the glitches?

You have 2 options:
1) Sell your lemon to a guy which will prick your conscience constantly that you sold a lemon to an unsuspecting buyer.
2) Do what this guy did and show it to Lambo that even if he has suffered some financial losses, he won't take it lying down.

Last edited by prateekm : 18th March 2011 at 12:54.
Old 18th March 2011, 12:59   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Attention seeker, publicity gimmick....
well, wasnt that exactly the motive that he was trying to achieve, post his frustrations.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
A simple question, tell me what would you do if you spend a fortune and you are given a lemon and the company shows highhandedness and doesn't care to fix the glitches?

Simple answer: Take them to court. Thats what they are for. If that does not work either (I do not see how it wont) but still, if that does not work, then sell the car (not to an individual, cheating him in the process).

If he really wanted to do this, maybe, and again Maybe, he could have done it in front of the company (or showroom), telling them what he feels. Not in public with cameras et al. That according to me is publicity.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 18th March 2011 at 13:03.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk206 View Post

2. If a vet doesn't perform well, you can always go to another one. In case of a Lamborghini, you can't really go to your friendly neighborhood mechanic now, can you ?
Very well said indeed especially point 2, I dont understand why people are against the poor guy, they're not even considering what he has gone through or trying to put themselves in his shoes. Instead its the usual have-have not way of looking at things.

No one buys such a car for keeping in a museum. And some people dont mind keeping it in front of their houses as a museum piece if he had given it to them for free. All I have to say to them is to get a scale model instead get it in a glass box and do pooja in front of it or something. All the guys against him are just talking out of envy it seems.

Okay start throwing the concrete blocks at me now for saying what I just said .

Last edited by jalex77 : 18th March 2011 at 13:18.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:17   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
I think all the angst against him stems basically from seeing the condition of the car.
This, after all is a car-lover's fraternity, eh.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
^^
I think all the angst against him stems basically from seeing the condition of the car.
This, after all is a car-lover's fraternity, eh.
I can see that, But we are also supposed to help and stand for car lovers now shouldn't we? Someone mentioned consumer courts by the way. I dont know about China, But here in India it takes a very long two to five or even more years for you to get a verdict (Both the petitioner and the opposite party can go on appeal till the National Commission). And if its like that in China as well, Then his car would have rotted by that time. And in the end of the trial you will get some peanuts in damage probably. I have some buddies who have dealerships and they all try in every way possible to address customers' grievances and wont ever dream of turning down a customer and let him take their reputation down the drain.

Last edited by jalex77 : 18th March 2011 at 13:52.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:43   #59
BHPian

Be it Lamborgini,porsche,ferrari,Aston Martin or for that matter maruti or Tata sell products because the customer has a certain trust in their products.While the manufacturer has the right to make money and grow his business, scant disregard to customer issues is just criminal and i have no respect for such manufacturers.I beleive that what the person did is the right thing as it has definitely dented lamborghini's reputation.If i had the money to buy a car as expensive i would not go for a lamborghini ever and i am sure a lot of people might do the same too.I feel that lamborghini should appologise and give the gentleman a new car.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
Be it Lamborgini,porsche,ferrari,Aston Martin or for that matter maruti or Tata sell products because the customer has a certain trust in their products.While the manufacturer has the right to make money and grow his business, scant disregard to customer issues is just criminal and i have no respect for such manufacturers.I beleive that what the person did is the right thing as it has definitely dented lamborghini's reputation.If i had the money to buy a car as expensive i would not go for a lamborghini ever and i am sure a lot of people might do the same too.I feel that lamborghini should appologise and give the gentleman a new car.
I think now it is little late for Lamborghini or any other Car company to come down and reconcile with the customer after the customer has caused damage. At present if Lamborghini reconciles it will set a precedent and everybody will start destroying cars to make a point. And IMO for the same reason TATA is not reconciling with our t-bhpian Varunroy.

It sucks actually, but in fight of egos and while doing the politically correct thing justice is delayed and eventually denied.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks