Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 14:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 Rival from Mercedes!

That's a serious cute looker!

By the time Merc launch this car here, X1 will get updated with yet to launch new 3 Series.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 29th March 2011, 15:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is one fierce competitor! It definately has more road presence than the X1. Mercedes seems to be whipping out one fantastic design after the other. Now we just need them to price it right. Also if you get a hold of some interior pics, please post them, would love to see how the interiors stack up against the X1.
Old 30th March 2011, 08:58   #18
BHPian

Is it only me or does the front end remind one of the Audi Q5/7 with a different grill?
Old 30th March 2011, 11:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

@thesilentone: IMHO the resemblance isn't shocking, it is more towards C class than Q. The style cue for most modern cars is similar.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:25   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
This is one fierce competitor! It definately has more road presence than the X1. Mercedes seems to be whipping out one fantastic design after the other. Now we just need them to price it right. Also if you get a hold of some interior pics, please post them, would love to see how the interiors stack up against the X1.
I did not manage to get any interior pics with the short search I did. Will have a lookout though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
@thesilentone: IMHO the resemblance isn't shocking, it is more towards C class than Q. The style cue for most modern cars is similar.
Yes, and I really like the new aggressive face of the Merc.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

This one is a looker alright! Loved those wheels. Merc should get this one in India ASAP!
Price it right and there, you have one lovely SUV selling like hot cakes.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

its a great looker. I hope the interior does justice to exterior. Borrowing interior bits from e-class would be great rather than c-class.

The bad thing about this is, its going on sale in 2013 and not before that, so its still 2 years away.

Hope they don't go FWD on this one as it was reported earlier that a-class, b-class will be FWD.

just some thoughts on what seems to be an excellent move and product from mercedes.
Old 30th March 2011, 13:33   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hope they launch it with RWD or AWD
wonder what they will price it at
Old 31st March 2011, 00:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
That's a serious cute looker!

By the time Merc launch this car here, X1 will get updated with yet to launch new 3 Series.

Cheers!

Vinu
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
its a great looker. I hope the interior does justice to exterior. Borrowing interior bits from e-class would be great rather than c-class.

The bad thing about this is, its going on sale in 2013 and not before that, so its still 2 years away.

Hope they don't go FWD on this one as it was reported earlier that a-class, b-class will be FWD.

just some thoughts on what seems to be an excellent move and product from mercedes.
Agreed it looks better but as Vinu , Myavu mentioned it's 2 years away.. A long time for BMW to redesign if required and also by that time BMW would have already have good number of sales of X1.
Old 31st March 2011, 16:03   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks fantastic! And as someone mentioned it bears a strong resemblance to the Audi front end.
Old 31st March 2011, 16:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Mercs got itself a looker. Better than the X1. Looks more like an SuV even. Needless to say if priced properly it will eat up into BMW sales as we prefer the three pointed star over the BMW logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It looks fantastic! And as someone mentioned it bears a strong resemblance to the Audi front end.
OT: Long time saar! Where were you ?
Old 31st March 2011, 17:21   #27
BHPian

I can't help but think how the three pointed stars are getting more and more aggressive and better looking while BMW seems to be going the exact opposite way making the cars look that little bit sedate. MB.
Old 31st March 2011, 20:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
I can't help but think how the three pointed stars are getting more and more aggressive and better looking while BMW seems to be going the exact opposite way making the cars look that little bit sedate. MB.
I second you. Mercedes-Benz have taken the aggressive route now while BMW is now content with the conservative designs. Just very recently, it was the exact opposite with Bangle BMWs redefining the word aggression in the luxury segment.

Coming to this X1 rival from Mercedes-Benz, its looking fabulous. But then, in the last couple of years, almost every single Mercedes-Benz have looked awesome. So, its nothing to be surprised about.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:48   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb View Post
Yes, I guess this transformation really got into a noticable state with the launch of F10 5-series. For the first time in recent years, the E was matching the 5 on aggressive looks (well, the C in Avant Garde trim itself was a great looker). It is like Merc wanted to invade BMW territory, whereas the latter is trying to be like the former. At this stage, I feel Merc is doing it better

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st April 2011 at 11:49. Reason: corrected punctuation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks