Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2011, 16:53   #16
BHPian

Re: 50 Ugliest Cars of the last 50 years

This thread should be either closed or titled differently, its totally deviated from the ugly aspect. One cannot claim that a car, if drinks more fuel or is smallest / cheapest then its ugly, that would put all Lambo / Ferrari / Alfa etc in this list.
Old 19th April 2011, 19:01   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Admittedly, appearance wasn't a design priority for the Nano, which is intended for Indians too poor to buy a regular car. But that doesn't excuse its egg-like stylings. Even the snub hood and tiny tires can't draw the eye from the car's domed top.
OMG! Such web reports should be banned for clear intention to hurt a nation's image.

Just for records, Nano has never been considered UGLY by any yardstick. Rather, it has been showcased by design houses and museums across the globe for its sheer use of design ethics.

And what about an ENZO...Ugly!!! You gotta be kiddin' or you gotta enroll into a class of automobile design immediately.
Old 19th April 2011, 19:54   #18
BHPian

I think Businessweek should focus on what they know best which is business and not point their nose into the world of cars as clearly from their choices we can see that they have very very limited knowledge of the cars out there.

I mean come on BMW 7 series, Enzo, hummer??? in a list titled "50 ugliest of the past 50 years"???

And mods if possible do keep this thread going and not close or delete it so that everyone on Team-BHP can see "Businessweek" Magazine's ignorance and arrogance.

Last edited by amrisharm : 19th April 2011 at 20:04.
Old 26th April 2011, 08:33   #19
BHPian

Whoever wrote this article clearly has not seen the Enzo in person. The design is termed "Overkill".

I can vouch for the fact that each and every single scoop, lines on that Enzo is there for a purpose and the sole purpose is speed and aerodynamic efficiency. Calling it overkill clearly indicates the lack of knowledge by the author on many aspects that go into building a car.

Although many term the Enzo to be ugly, trust me its one of the least photo-genic cars out there. In flesh it looks stunning and fabulous. I assure you this, when you see one in flesh you will be stunned. This car, dare i say is 'gorgeous'. The same way i way Angelina Jolie attractive despite her 'overkill' lips.
Old 26th April 2011, 08:59   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Enzo, New Beetle, and NANO!!!
Somebody please explain the meaning of ugly to this author.
Author's english teacher will be ashamed of this.

Common, cars are not human models to have 36-24-36 dimensions.

The above 3 are the most Seductive, Gorgeous and Cute cars respectively of their times.
Old 17th October 2013, 15:08   #21
BHPian

Bet he/she didnt see many of DC's superfluous designs . There are a lot of beauties on that list of "ugly" as he calls it. Guy/lady needs to get his/her eyes checked. 7 series, enzo and the hummer? Author needs to be driven on indian roads on an indian cycle with a small carrier.
Old 20th October 2013, 22:32   #22
BHPian

Please find a job for this reporter. thank God, i was not the editor in chief for this write-up, would have definitely fired him from his job!!!
Old 16th June 2016, 13:38   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Ugliest cars of 2016! Fiat 500L leads the pack!

BMW X6 , Nissan Juke and Honda's HR-V too in the list!

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th June 2016 at 13:42.
Old 16th June 2016, 14:19   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
BMW X6 , Honda's HR-V
Looks like these two are the only ones relevant to the Indian market.

Lot of big Japanese names in that list, not surprising as their designs are increasingly polarising opinion these days.
Old 16th June 2016, 14:37   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

My personal opinion, the Mirage, Lincoln MKT, X6 and 500L don't really belong there. But they definitely need to add the new Bentley SUV to the list. That looks like a cheap Chinese car from the front or even worse.

PS: Sorry, I couldn't spell or pronounce the name and didn't like to google it too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks