F1 58 39.46%
WRC 63 42.86%
MotoGP 24 16.33%
Indy/Nascar 2 1.36%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 23:29   #46
BHPian

I lovveeee MOTO GP. Its 80% rider 20% machine, As opposed to all other motorsports
I like WRC next and then F1.
Indy/Nascar are pathetic i think. Coz they just keep going around a huge oval.
Old 1st December 2006, 00:51   #47
SuperSyn

Voted motoGP. Also keep an eye on the lower classes, it is all great fun, even with Hayden winning title by luck. The good thing about bike racing is that you can see the riders talent actually making a difference, as compared to poser's sport that is F1.

IRL, NASCRAP etc do not even hold my attention for one minute even when I try very hard, it boggles my mind how some USAians actually enjoy these "sports". The brains must be wired differently for sure.

F1: Keep a tab by following online, but do not get upset if I miss a race or two on television!

WRC: Likewise.

Old 1st December 2006, 12:44   #48
BHPian

Although I Voted for F1, would love watching WRC if given good media coverage.
Old 1st December 2006, 14:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
I lovveeee MOTO GP. Its 80% rider 20% machine, As opposed to all other motorsports
how do you explain rossi not winning the championship ?
Old 2nd December 2006, 19:53   #50
BHPian

Wrc of course F! looks kind of game but the girls are prettu
Old 12th December 2006, 17:20   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Although I Voted for F1, would love watching WRC if given good media coverage.

hey bro there is enough coverage of WRC man they show it on star sports and axn
Old 12th December 2006, 17:22   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
hey bro there is enough coverage of WRC man they show it on star sports and axn
Not sure what you meant by "enough" coverage, the only sporadic ones are on DD sports (and some sketchy coverage very occasionally on AXN).

Cannot recollect any regular coverage on Star Sports, can you let me know when?
Old 12th December 2006, 17:31   #53
BHPian

They regularly show WRC highlights on Ten Sports, if i'm not mistaken. I recall having seen a lot of the 2005 season..(haven't had a TV for the past year, so dont recollect much now).....

Old 14th December 2006, 09:36   #54
BHPian

1. MOTOGP (100% - wont miss a single race)
2. SBK (50%)
3. WRC ( I get to see only highlights)
4. F1/A1GP ( if I have time)
Old 14th December 2006, 12:19   #55

I like watching both WRC and F1, but I find WRC more interesting. Here are some the reasons.
1. F1 is more is combination of fast car + driver skills + pit stop strategy where as WRC is a combination of fast cars + drivers skills + coordination between driver and co-driver + car setup (tyres and all)
2. F1 is run on a boring closed circuit tracks (something similar to what we have for NASCARS) where as WRC has more exciting stages where driver can have big surprises like stones on the corners and turns, jumps, animals standing on the road, etc and the driver have to take decisions in a split second and also coordinate with co-driver and keep the car on track.
3. F1 cars are only restricted on special tracks where as WRC cars are quite good for all kind of terrains whether its snow, mud, gravel, turmac and even the special stages in the stadium.

Personally I think WRC is where actual driving skills are tested in all kind of conditions.
Old 15th December 2006, 07:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
how do you explain rossi not winning the championship ?
There were lots of reason for Rossi not winning the championship this year. He had a crash at the wrong time got injured and lost points. Hayden won the championship but he won two races compared to Rossi's 5 wins. Rossi had no points in three races due to a crash and resultant injuries. Rossi was only 5 points behind Hayden.

This year is going to be fun. I am sure valentino Rossi will win back the champioship this year.
Old 28th December 2006, 13:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Not sure what you meant by "enough" coverage, the only sporadic ones are on DD sports (and some sketchy coverage very occasionally on AXN).

Cannot recollect any regular coverage on Star Sports, can you let me know when?

im watching WRC for the past 7 years first they used to show it on star sports
but now they show it on star sports and axn i have never missed a single rally since 2003 on SS they show it for one and half hours where as on axn they show half hour show called as rally magzine and after that the rally for one hour....the dates are as soon as the rally gets over on sunday they how it the next day it self that is monday at 11pm...whereas on axn they show it on friday at8pm
Old 28th December 2006, 13:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_fan View Post
They regularly show WRC highlights on Ten Sports, if i'm not mistaken. I recall having seen a lot of the 2005 season..(haven't had a TV for the past year, so dont recollect much now).....

the name of that show is called as rally world which is on tensports there they show all the rally championships across the world such as wrc,aprc,erc,jwrc,pwrc,sarc,middle-east rally championship and many more

there is one show called max power where they show british rally championship the rallys there are just superb i'd say after wrc,brc is the best
Old 31st December 2006, 22:58   #59

Die hard F1 Fan but love IRL and Champ Cars/Cart

hi all,
I love all the motor racing sports done by the FIA which include F1,WRC and MotoGP wanted to add some comments about other forms of open wheel racing that is not watched by other parts of the world. IRL and Champcars to be more specific. Both of these have very close ties in to the F1 world. THe big wigs from each of these sport have financial ties to the to each other.
There are interesting rule changes that were introduced in Champ cars a couple of years ago which i think would be great if adopted in F1. One is the use of softer rubber compound tires. A team is allowed a stint during the race with a softer compound tire and the other one is the power button which gives the driver additional HP i think about 20 to make a pass. They get to use to 3 times i believe during the race. Both these rules add more strategy to the race other than just teams winning race in the pits. Adds to more on track action. For more info check
Champ Car World Series
Lot of F1 drivers go to Champ cars and vice versa.
IRL ,man wheel to wheel racing on oval tracks at 215mph is nerve wracking. I love Dan wheldon hope he makes it to F1.
Note:Jil de ferran the Sporting directory for Bar Honda F1 is a former IRL champ himself.
Nasscar, i have one line to say about it its the WWE of racing.
Kumar
Old 1st January 2007, 05:26   #60
BHPian

MotoGP it is . spectacular skill , spectacular machines , spectacular RPMS , spectacular accelerations of one wheels , spectacular cornering , spectacular crashes and sometimes spectacular stunts ( remember the Max Biaggi one ? ) .... MotoGP is simply mindblowing . Bring back the 2 strokes !!! the 250 GP is also fantastic .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks