F1 58 39.46%
WRC 63 42.86%
MotoGP 24 16.33%
Indy/Nascar 2 1.36%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2004, 16:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Now that F1 is becoming more and more predictable. I find myelf leaning more towards WRC and MotoGP.

MotoGP has been the most entertaining motorsport this year with leaders switching place on practically each and every turn. This keeps you guessing, until the checr'd flag is waved.

If you've noticed, just before it rained, Rossi and Sete were fighting it out with just 0.004 secs between them.

This is called racing and this is what people pay to watch.

If F1 has to be more competitive, we'll need all the cars to have the exact power to weight ratio. I think WRC follows this rule.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 8th June 2004, 16:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

As of right now, it's MotoGP. coz, like Shan2nu said, F1 is boring.
Old 8th June 2004, 16:37   #3
F50
Senior - BHPian

For me it will always be F1 but i do closely follow Moto GP & even WRC
U r rite, Shan2nu, Moto GP is not over untill d flag is waved n WRC is equally interesting.
My fav in Moto GP is Valentino "The Doctor" Rossi
N in WRC is Marcus Gronholm he is damn fast not only im saying but even all drivers in WRC says it
Old 8th June 2004, 16:45   #4
Tom
BHPian

WRC Rules!

F1 = boring
Old 8th June 2004, 16:57   #5
BHPian

It has to be all for me! I can never stop watching F1, (yeah I agree I dont watching glued to the TV like I used to till 4 years back, ppl (friends) used to tell me crazy for watching noicey, funny looking cars go round and round on a circuit, ofcourse now they're glued everyrace.. ).
But WRC has become more and more exciting every passing year (thats what I've voted for, but as we have to wait few days b4 we can see the highlighted (edited) version of WRC in the AXN's episode Speed, it is slightly annoying.). As far as Indycar is concerned, I love watching it, but never really followed the entire season. Only Indy500 or Daytona500 in case of Nascar.. But MotoGP I have not seen even a full race since 'Wayne Rainey' retired. I used to love it as a Kid, specially 125s and 250s were madly exciting, I remember watching the guy in Position 6 getting to Position 1 in a single corner .. that was funny and amazing to watch.. I did see a few seasons after Rainey, when Doohan started winning 1 sided, it became a bore and I stopped watching. Though this season is crazy I've read in this forum..
Old 8th June 2004, 17:20   #6
Team-BHP Support

I find Formula 1 most glamorous and interesting. Apart from that, I follow WRC, MotoGP and World SBK too. I try and keep a watch on various Touring Car Championships, GT Championships, 24 Hour races and various other racing categories on the British Motorsport scene - TVR Tuscan Challenge, Mini Cooper Challenge, etc.
Though I like them, I don't really follow Nascar / Indy.
Old 8th June 2004, 18:33   #7
Team-BHP Support

MotoGP for me! Though I'll never stop watching F1. Its not boring because Ferrari are winning, its jsut coz they can't really overtake a lot due to the downforce.

WRC is nuts too, but, as you can't really watch it live, its a lil bit different.

Nascar! NEVER!! The most boring form of motorsport on TV!

CART: Yup...good racing here too, as long as its not on an oval.
Old 8th June 2004, 19:08   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Formula 1 - Always.

I honestly dont think that F1 right now is boring at all...what we are watching is the sheer genius of effective team work. Domination by the hardest and smartest workers Formula 1 has ever seen.

Michael Schumacher is the only F1 driver who has been in contention for the title now - 10 years in a row (except 96 and the leg breaker in 99). Whether a Superior car...inferior car...Brawns race strategies...controversial manouveurs - This is the stuff that legends are made of.

Pay attention right now, You will be telling your grand children about this Ferrari era 40 years down the line.

For me, F1 could not have gotten any better!

GTO
Old 8th June 2004, 19:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

F1 all the way..
Old 8th June 2004, 20:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I honestly dont think that F1 right now is boring at all...what we are watching is the sheer genius of effective team work. Domination by the hardest and smartest workers Formula 1 has ever seen.

Michael Schumacher is the only F1 driver who has been in contention for the title now - 10 years in a row (except 96 and the leg breaker in 99). Whether a Superior car...inferior car...Brawns race strategies...controversial manouveurs - This is the stuff that legends are made of.
GTO, you forgot Fiat's Share in FIA!
Just kidding (dont kill me..)

p.s. - Hey man Aditya, I'd love to see TCC, GTC, British Motorsport Races, LeMans etc (could you please tell me on which channel and what time these are on?)
Old 9th June 2004, 00:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

f1 has suddenly become boring ,as it seems there is a separate race for a particular red car and the another race for the other remaining cars.
did anyone watch the italian moto gp race.it was superbbbbbbbbbb:blues: till the last lap u cud not be sure as to who wud win.
its definitely WRC and then MOTOGP for me
Old 9th June 2004, 02:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

still F1 for me.
what u need is a driver/team to support
Trulli has been doing really well this season.. so i cant wait to see him again.

however, i can understand how the mclaren fans feel with their team doing really badly.. williams arent doign too well either..

even the ferrari fans must be getting a lil bored tho !
Old 2nd July 2004, 11:47   #13
BHPian

definately moto gp all the way
Old 2nd July 2004, 14:18   #14
BHPian

WRC for me is the most interesting right now, very competitive and more interesting any day then anything else, also the APRC
does anyone on this forum follow the APRC or the INRC
i think rallying is the most interesting motorsport ever and its gettin better and better.

Formula 1 would be my second option, though its become a bit boring i still like it its always fun

then i would prefer Moto GP and the Superbikes, i dont follow the Indy or Nascar so much
Old 2nd July 2004, 14:32   #15
Tom
BHPian

yup rally rocks! you culd give us some APRC/INRC updates in the motorsports section dude.
They are a few INRC aspiring candidates here on this forum

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks