Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 23:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Schumi likely to hang up his boots (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
But coming back to my point, age doesnt reduce ability.
Sorry about being so direct.
I have been reading your posts, do you really mean any of them or you are arguing for the sake of arguing to increase your posts count ??
Old 12th May 2011, 00:47   #32
BANNED

Guys.

I think we must stop fighting.

A simple Honest Quote by Schumi is being Blown out of proportions.

He's a Legendary F1 Driver, no one in the present Grid can beat his record. Thats for some facts.

Lets leave it at that, and enjoy the season. If he retires, he will certainly retire.

We have seen enough of Schumi to Adore him for the rest of life.....
Old 12th May 2011, 01:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

IMHO..MS shouldnt have returned to F1 and should have retired with his 7 WDC wins.But knowing Michael and his hunger for victory....I will never,adore being far,will even like Schumacher.
Old 12th May 2011, 05:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car ma
Of course Adrian Newey is not the sole reason. Its every single chap who has put in effort. Newey is the representative of that effort, being a leader skilled enough to draw that out of his team. The other reasons are Horner, Vettel, even Webber, each and every engineer, machinist, pit mechanic, technician and of course Dietrich Mateschitz's banknotes. Its not childish. F1 is a total team sport and its actually childish to say that the face of all that effort - the driver is the sole factor
I disagree.
Every team management on the grid would be willing to give up their entire crew just for one Adrian Newey.
Old 12th May 2011, 09:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to the topic, I watched the race in BBC and saw the interview as well. What he said has been twisted out of proportion.

Lee McKenzie asked Schumi about the race and he told this "The big joy is not there right now." I thought he just meant that there are no big points, podiums or wins to look forward to right now. I guess that's all there is.

It pains to see Michael like this. He doesn't look confident at all and I am baffled as to what could be the reason. But what I know is that he is a fighter and I look forward to how it will all unwind.

It will be good to recall that Michael needed close to 5 years to be champion again after his title double with Benetton. So I would rather wait than speculate. Come on Michael! Chin up!
Old 12th May 2011, 10:03   #36
BHPian

I did read these reports and I guess people are just trying to take pot shots at Schumi. I feel it's too soon call as the season has just began and we have a long way to go.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Sorry about being so direct.
I have been reading your posts, do you really mean any of them or you are arguing for the sake of arguing to increase your posts count ??
Looks like you didnt understand my friend. Of course I mean them. I stand by what i say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

Awesome dude! Ever thought about the point difference Michael had with his teammates from his debut in 1991

You need to get over this dude. Are you not aware of why Mansell retired the 2nd time?

A shoulder injury for the great Rossi has made him lose 5 tenths to 6 tenths and we are talking about fitness for a 42 year old F1 driver who has to go through a lot more stress!
What about his points difference? I dont get what youre trying to say

Yes I am fully aware of Mansell's career.

To illustrate, Ryan Giggs is running like a 20 year old at his age! However, towards the end of his career Alan Shearer became slower but his ability didnt dimnish and he still scored prolifically. Also, Dean Ashton's career ended at 27 due to injury. Performance loss due to injury is very different from age-related loss.

Sorry about the football references
Old 12th May 2011, 13:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
What about his points difference? I dont get what youre trying to say

Yes I am fully aware of Mansell's career.

To illustrate, Ryan Giggs is running like a 20 year old at his age! However, towards the end of his career Alan Shearer became slower but his ability didnt dimnish and he still scored prolifically. Also, Dean Ashton's career ended at 27 due to injury. Performance loss due to injury is very different from age-related loss.

Sorry about the football references
I agree with you dude! I will stop it before you paste this link

World's oldest father has 21st child at 90 | Mail Online
Old 12th May 2011, 13:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I agree with you dude! I will stop it before you paste this link

World's oldest father has 21st child at 90 | Mail Online

he doesnt look injured in any way does he. going strong!
Old 12th May 2011, 13:11   #40
BHPian

I drove the wheels off my jeep from blore 100kms to my home just to watch schumi drive. Ask me the disappointment when he crashes out on lap 2.
I ve been following him since 1998, anytime he started from the midfield or from back of the grid i used to feel secretly happy inside , watching him fight to get to top. He fights more on track where rest of field give up easily . Even now i die to watch him race, irrespective of the results.
I just hope he stays.
Old 12th May 2011, 18:36   #41
BHPian

Michael is the all time best in F1.

He will prove himself and will make Mercedes win.Michael will start winning races very soon.
Old 12th May 2011, 22:41   #42
BHPian

The simple reason why Schumi aint winning is the car. These new crop of F1 cars, is definitely not his to drive in. Earlier in his days, with fueling and a couple of other rules on, made a big difference and thats why he set fast laps. With a full load of fuel and KERS and DRS in, I guess its become all the more tougher for him. But I am proud of the fact that he had the balls to come back and drive with an entirely new team, rather than turning favorites with Ferrari.
And due credit goes to Ross Brawn as well.

But yes, I just hope Mercedes win a few races. This is simply not done. Want to see Schumi giving Vettel and co a run for their money. Come on mann!!
Old 13th May 2011, 07:41   #43
BHPian

@dmaheshkumar
I disagree bro! Schumacher is talented yes, and he is the most successful ever. But Ayrton Senna da Silva is the best driver ever in Formula 1.
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 12:19   #44
BHPian

It's very difficult to judge the best driver in almost all motorsport and especially so in F1! The sport is more machine dependant than man. So unless we have a race with absolute same configuration of cars, I don't think we can ever say who is a better driver. So Schumi, Senna, Hakkinen, etc are all great drivers but we can never say who is the greatest unless we pit them together in the same car.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:36   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
It's very difficult to judge the best driver in almost all motorsport and especially so in F1! The sport is more machine dependant than man. So unless we have a race with absolute same configuration of cars, I don't think we can ever say who is a better driver. So Schumi, Senna, Hakkinen, etc are all great drivers but we can never say who is the greatest unless we pit them together in the same car.
Yup.
it is such a complicated sport.
At the start of the 98 season, mags were publishing photos of the Mclaren and saying "is this where the next world champion would be sitting?"
and then in later years schumacher acknowledges hakkinen to be the one he respected the most as a driver.
So what's the "X" factor, the mclaren or hakkinen?

no one can ever take away from the dominance of schumacher.
being a champion doesnt mean just being good at driving, but also knowing enough to be with the best option.
(that is a broad statement, so dont nitpick on "oh designers, oh engineers...etc, please)
ferrari was it, so he stuck with it.
and won.
what would he have done with a, say, minardi?
Now, he is indulging himself, as he can afford to.
so be it.
but all the brickbats are to be expected from
1. people who are fans of the current guys
2. people who are passionate about the other teams(i'm included, but sometimes you gotta admit when this guy has cleaned the floors, basically, with your team).

Last edited by mayankk : 13th May 2011 at 12:38.

Most Viewed