Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 10:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Schumi unfazed by retirement rumours!

Schumi unfazed by retirement rumours

Michael Schumacher says he's "not concerned" about reports that he's on his way out - nor does he bother reading them.

Schumacher is still without a victory, or even a podium finish, in his comeback with Mercedes GP.

His disappointing run has led to many reports that he could quit F1 at the end of this season.

The seven-time World Champion, though, has insisted - yet again - that he won't do that.

He told BBC Sport: "I am not concerned. I am pretty relaxed.
"I know the headlines and stories that have been made up. I'm just focused on getting closer to where we want to be."

The German also admitted that he "didn't read" the ever-present reports about his future and his alleged pending retirement.

"Not to disrespect anybody but I just go my own way and path and part of that is not looking into it too much and just focusing on the reality and the reality is we are developing with the car and we are getting closer to where we want to be, and I'm sure soon we will be on the podium.

"I see it partly as a compliment that people pay so much interest in how my performances are going and I have no doubt things will come to a normal stage.

"I have made a lot of media quite happy with my return, and I make a lot of media happy if I do a race like in Istanbul. I want to be where I am (in F1)."

Source : Schumi unfazed by retirement rumours | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 18th August 2011, 18:54   #62
BHPian

Re: Schumi likely to hang up his boots (again)

There is no doubt that Schumi gives more than 100% when he is in the race car. However F1 is evolving at a rapid pace. From the time Schumi retired in 2006, F1 has changed a lot & it would be over expecting from Schumi to jump into the new age car & win the podium.
We might all be aware of the fact that each F1 car is designed to suit the driver. You cannot expect Vettel to have the same driving dominance if he was asked to drive Webber's car. Similarly Hamilton car setup is different from Button.
Merc GP does not have the race pace yet. Their setup takes longer time for the tires to come up to racing temperature & also do not provide the grip for longer stints.
Nico had a longer stint with Merc GP, so he has a heads-up on the car setup as compared to Schumi.

Writing off Schumi would be a big mistake. He still is capable of winning races, not sure if he can pull off a championship. Who knows, he might.
Old 18th August 2011, 20:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
Nico had a longer stint with Merc GP, so he has a heads-up on the car setup as compared to Schumi.
What? Both were signed at the start of 2010.
Old 18th August 2011, 21:45   #64
BHPian

he will not hang up his boots without a victory!!! he is a 7 time world champion, his ego will not allow him to retire without a proper victory atleast.

I personally feel he will switch cars at the end of 2013, he will complete the 3 yr contract with merc and switch cars with massa for the next 2 years and retire again.
Old 19th August 2011, 07:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
What? Both were signed at the start of 2010.
Nico was signed for MGP in before the end of 2009 season. MSC was signed later or before the 2010 session.
My point was that Nico was actively racing with Williams & MSC had not raced in a F1 car since end of 2006 season. The MGP car was not ready for pre season testing compared to other teams at the same time.
Old 19th August 2011, 07:23   #66
BHPian

Schumacher: You will see me in 2012
This was quoted in F1 website couple of days back. 2012 will be his last year with MGP as per contract.
Possible options after 2012 (if he continues) would be Ferrari (replacing Massa) or RBR (replacing Webber) or Renault.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:37   #67
BHPian

This will be the last team micheal ll drive before he retires forever

Midway through the next season if mercedes is fighting among the top 3 he ll sign another contract likely for 1 more year.

Midway through the next season if mercedes has gap to next compititor like this season of almost 1.5 seconds, he ll retire.

Hope mercedes restructuring ll help them , even for ardian newey it took few years to pen down a car which was few ages ahead of others. At the same time mclaren ve shown its possible to claw back over the season.
Old 11th October 2011, 17:35   #68
BHPian

Michel will not give up before atleast a proper Pole to win race.
He is a 7 time champion for nothing.

He is building Mercedes GP's from scratch , in reality 2013 would be the year when MS & MGP could dominate. 2012 should give us a indication.

If MGP flop big time in 2012 , then could MS switch cars ? But who will take him for a 1 year contract ? MS would have to again adapt to that car.
I think MS would hang up his boots end 2013.

I will put my money on MS & MGP to fight for the championships in 2013.
karizma_devil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 12:07   #69
BANNED

The reason he let his contract expire at Mercedes GP is Unknown..!

The reason Ferrari allowing Massa's contract lapse is a bigger Surprise

The reason he's tightlipped about his future is a mystery ..! Wili weber's tirade against Mercedes GP and Sabine kehm spotted at Sauber / Ferrari garages are sure to throw in more surprises in the coming days.
Old 1st October 2012, 15:13   #70
BHPian

Very unlikely that Michael will continue with MGP for 2013 season. With the recent talks of Lewis moving to MGP doing the rounds, it is more possible that Schumi will not be with MGP.

Personally I don't see Schumi going back to Ferrari. Alonso is doing great work with Ferrari in overall improvement of the car. And another talks going around is Perez moving to Ferrari to replace Massa. That would be something to watch out if it happens.

Michael & Vettel they seem to get along well. Schumi was Vettel's idol & also home country bonding.
Question is:
Will Schumi continue in 2013?
If Webber moves out of RBR, will Schumi take the seat?
Old 1st October 2012, 15:17   #71
BANNED

I think he should quit and maybe start working as a consultant with one of the better teams - I hear Ferrari may want to have him.
Old 1st October 2012, 18:13   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think he should quit and maybe start working as a consultant with one of the better teams - I hear Ferrari may want to have him.
There are too many a doubt over Schumi hanging up his boots until 2014, he's a true Legend who might want to leave the sport with the best results, maybe couple of more podiums.

When we can withstand the Tendulkar for consecutive failures in the recent dozen and more times, Schumacher has been Magical for his age.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...-a-possibility

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/10/01/sa...YallaF1.com%29
Old 1st October 2012, 19:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
With the recent talks of Lewis moving to MGP doing the rounds, it is more possible that Schumi will not be with MGP.

And another talks going around is Perez moving to Ferrari to replace Massa.

If Webber moves out of RBR, will Schumi take the seat?
Your information is very old. Lewis is confirmed at Merc and Perez is confirmed at Mclaren. Webber was confirmed at RBR for 2013 some time back.
Old 1st October 2012, 19:50   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Your information is very old...
True my friend. Info is 3 days old

Staying on course, would still like to see Schumi in F1, if not behind the wheel.
Time is running out for Schumi if he joins a new team & plans to develop the car suited for his driving style.
Old 5th October 2012, 17:21   #75
BHPian

Re: Schumi hangs up his boots (again)

The legend himself put all speculations to rest by announcing his retirement from F1 at the Suzuka Circuit.

Schumacher announces F1 retirement

F1 will surely miss him.

Most Viewed