Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2011, 19:07   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Indian driver - Aditya Patel - finishes 4th @ Round 2 of Scirocco R-Cup 2011

Indian driver - Aditya Patel - finishes 4th @ Round 2 of Scirocco R-Cup 2011-aditya-patel.jpg

High Points

- Indian Scirocco R-Cup driver, Aditya Patel, finished in a competitive position at the 2nd round of the Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup 2011 at the all new Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria, this past weekend.

- Aditya Patel, who is in his second Scirocco R-Cup season started the weekend well but ended up having a very eventful race weekend. Aditya qualified third on the grid for Race 1 after a very impressive qualifying lap. Race one started with a safety car due to the wet conditions and on lap 3 Aditya was given a drive-through penalty after a collision with Daniel Lloyd. This compromised his race and he finished in 11th place. Race 2 saw a much improved drive from the Chennai lad who finished in 4th place after starting in 11th. He carved his way through the field and was looking good for a podium finish, if he had more laps in hand. He is now placed 4th in the overall Championship standings.

- Commenting on the race weekend, Aditya Patel, said, “The Red Bull-Ring was new for everyone, so we all had to learn it very quickly. My qualifying lap was quite good and I made no mistakes and took P3. In the first race, I had an unfortunate incident with Daniel Lloyd, got a drive-through penalty and finished in P11. The second race actually was one of my best, starting from 11th and finishing P4. I have really enjoyed my time here as it´s a great track to drive on. The atmosphere was great, the crowd was really big and the people are really friendly and enthusiastic. I´m now going home to India for a week, where I will continue to concentrate on my fitness for the next race at the Lausitzring. Afterwards I will stay in Europe for a month.

- The drivers will compete in 8 Rounds of the Scirocco R-Cup till October 2011. The 2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup Calendar is as follows:
29/30 Apr at Hockenheim (D)
04/05 Jun at Spielberg (A)*
17/18 Jun at Lausitzring (D)
01/02 Jul at Norisring (D)
05/06 Aug at Nürburgring (D)
02/04 Sep at Brands Hatch (GB)
16/18 Sep at Oschersleben (D)*
21/22 Oct at Hockenheim (D)
* Two races, otherwise one race on Saturday
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 09:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Indian driver - Aditya Patel - finishes 4th @ Round 2 of Scirocco R-Cup 2011

Is Adidtya Patel the one who won last years Polo Cup? I had heard that the person who wins the Polo Cup gets to drive for a season in the Sirocco Cup in Germany. Is that true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks