Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 16:13   #46
BHPian

Re: F1 2011 - Canadian Grand Prix MONTREAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I am sure.
Its just a matter of time before mclaren catches up.
In the meantime, the usual glee of the mclaren team/driver bashing will continue.
I think they have already caught up. They were quick in Spain, Monaco and now Canada. Three totally different circuits, and although they managed to win only one of these three, I am sure that they are the team to beat for now. Vettel better be watching his back; but I feel that he has an unassailable lead in the world championship by now.
Old 13th June 2011, 16:15   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
So a wet circuit squarely put the usual suspect squarely to where he belonged?
Good one. Lets see who is laughing at the end of the season.
Old 13th June 2011, 17:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Can he just shut up and do the talking on track?

Lewis Hamilton : I'll never be dirty like Michael Schumacher - mirror.co.uk
Old 13th June 2011, 17:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
He was aggressive, but thats the way he drives.
Oh yeah,he is aggressive and all others are there just to make up the numbers and get overtaken

We all know of another guy who drove the same way in F1 and then found out NASCAR is the series to show his super aggressive driving skills.Maybe Lewis should take the clue as well

Last edited by jraj : 13th June 2011 at 18:00.
Old 13th June 2011, 17:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
My sympathies!
I know that the truth hurts, but this is not thread to debate on that.
RacingForIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 18:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Oh yeah,he is aggressive and all others are there just to make up the numbers.

We all know of another guy who drove the same way in F1 and then found out NASCAR is the series to show his super aggressive driving skills.Maybe Lewis should take the clue as well
JPM's (Montoya) real reason was the double standards exercised in F1. He almost matched Kimi for pace, but in bravado he more than a match for the best.

You sound as if you rate as NASCAR as a second grade series. Thats terribly unfair to people who enjoy watching and participating in it.
RacingForIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 18:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My sympathies!
I know that the truth hurts, but this is not thread to debate on that.
Atleast Michael was not stupid to go crash to the pitwall!

Did I see Jacques Villeneuve giving a hand to Lewis in Canada!?
Old 13th June 2011, 18:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
You sound as if you rate as NASCAR as a second grade series. Thats terribly unfair to people who enjoy watching and participating in it.
Where did I mention NASCAR as a second grade series.For the kind of aggression Lewis has exhibited "give me way or I will ram into you" he might be better off there than F1
Old 13th June 2011, 18:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

It is high time Mr. Steve Slater takes a voluntary retirement.

He makes too many mistakes every race. And I am sick and tired of hearing “Drama” and “Mano-a-mano” repeatedly on race weekends.

Where is Chris Goodwin gone? And Karun Chandhok. Even though a bit drab, he talks a lot more sense. ESPN Star could be much better off without Slater. So, please Mr. Slater, do us a favor and retire. We simply deserve better.
Ah, I have been crying for years now on this topic. Steve Slater should have been fired long back. I can't believe ESPN Star cannot find a more competent commentator. Chris Goodwin was awesome, but i heard he is busy with his racing career. Karun Chandok would make a good commentator if he can cut down on his "Bernie told me this....", "I was talking to Berni last night..." comments. Meanwhile, they can atleast promote Alex Yoong to full time commenting. He might not be as enthusiastic as Steve Slater, but atleast he has the knowledge and doesn't make mistakes.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Atleast Michael was not stupid to go crash to the pitwall!

Did I see Jacques Villeneuve giving a hand to Lewis in Canada!?
Yes, Michael was wise enough to Park in the middle of the last corner at Monaco (if you as me it was a "soft" crash).

Jokes apart, I think Michael is a quick driver and would have been respected more had he not tried the some of his antics. What I am not comfortable with is that I am sucked into calling him names to defend a pilot whom I support.
Lets discuss Montreal on here, and if you want to discuss MS, I can open a thread and sit down with my diary.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
JPM's (Montoya) real reason was the double standards exercised in F1. He almost matched Kimi for pace, but in bravado he more than a match for the best.
That's what everyone says once they are fired from F1. Montoya was a great talent but he never did justice to that. He had too big an ego and made too many mistakes and although his overtaking was spectacular, he had around 5 failed moves for every successful one.
Montoya's last season in F1 was a disaster and he was making mistakes almost every race. The last straw was the race in Indianapolis where almost took out half of the grid with his mistake at the start. He was fired from the team midway and not the other way round.

Sorry for the OT by the way. I'm not commenting on the other Lewis- Schumacher debate .
Old 13th June 2011, 18:22   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Where did I mention NASCAR as a second grade series.For the kind of aggression Lewis has exhibited "give me way or I will ram into you" he might be better off there than F1
The only drivers who have an eventless race are in inferior cars, or dont have the will to challenge. Every pilot has a crash or coming together, but Lewis has more of them because he just keeps at it without stopping.

"Wheel-to-Wheel" racing was a term which came into existence because of guys like Hamilton. I sure some other terms were coined for some of his other no so fancy antics, I am not bothered by those.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:26   #58
Team-BHP Support

What a race!

Consecutive races being red-flagged, rain making the race interesting; the F1 season is heating up!

What is with Hamilton?! IIRC, he is under investigation on 3 counts for yesterday's race. His driving is a clear indicator of his frustration! And Schumi had nothing to do with his crashing out. Worst part, the fool continued to drive with that damaged vehicle on the track; he could have spoilt the race for someone else.

I feel bad for Alonso though - it wasn't his fault. And what a place to have your car stuck.

Webber and Button drove beautifully! Season on, fellas!
Old 13th June 2011, 18:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
That's what everyone says once they are fired from F1. Montoya was a great talent but he never did justice to that. He had too big an ego and made too many mistakes and although his overtaking was spectacular, he had around 5 failed moves for every successful one.
Montoya's last season in F1 was a disaster and he was making mistakes almost every race. The last straw was the race in Indianapolis where almost took out half of the grid with his mistake at the start. He was fired from the team midway and not the other way round.

Sorry for the OT by the way. I'm not commenting on the other Lewis- Schumacher debate .
It seems every conversation I participate goes OT.
So at the risk of being banned , I'll say that JPM's reason were genuine, but he should have worked around them, like the modern pilots do. Think about it, Alonso, Michael Schumacher (did you know that his retirement was announced by handing handouts to the press at Monza by Luca and company, even before he could announce it himself - cruel), Kimi; all these have suffered due to the politics of F1.
I follow F1 for the technology and thrill (yawn). So kind of indifferent to these political angle. JPM probably wasn’t indifferent.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:30   #60
BHPian

One of the memories I have is Massa beating Kobayashi, right at the finish line. Thrilling stuff.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks