Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 18:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: F1 2011 - Canadian Grand Prix MONTREAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Yes, Michael was wise enough to Park in the middle of the last corner at Monaco (if you as me it was a "soft" crash).
And like what Senna did to Prost in Japan? I am sure you must be carrying another diary for that!

Quote:
Jokes apart, I think Michael is a quick driver and would have been respected more had he not tried the some of his antics.
Nothing more than the antics what Ron & Co wanted to do to kill Michael in Spa 98!

Quote:
What I am not comfortable with is that I am sucked into calling him names to defend a pilot whom I support.
Calling him names? Are you talking about this thread or you are trying to get me into calling someone names?

Quote:
Lets discuss Montreal on here, and if you want to discuss MS, I can open a thread and sit down with my diary.
Hamilton did speak about Michael doing dirty things on track in Canada, can you check about this in your diary and tell me where & when in 2011 Canada!
Old 13th June 2011, 18:31   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
The only drivers who have an eventless race are in inferior cars, or dont have the will to challenge.
"Wheel-to-Wheel" racing was a term which came into existence because of guys like Hamilton.
Really?!!??!!?!!The guy had a car which had a setup exactly for conditions like y'day and what did he do?He just blew it up.I wouldnt call it as "keeping at it".I would rather call it a impatient drive by a guy who was desperate and forgot there is some grey matter between the ears

If you think that Wheel to wheel racing was a term which came into existence because of guys like Lewis,then I have nothing more to say to you.
But couldnt resist posting this video though
[COLOR=#22229c][/COLOR]
Old 13th June 2011, 18:42   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
If you think that Wheel to wheel racing was a term which came into existence because of guys like Lewis,then I have nothing more to say to you.
But couldnt resist posting this video though
If we are talking about wheel to wheel racing, how about this ? One of the greatest battles ever in F1. Both drivers fighting hard, but both giving each just enough space :

Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 18:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Not that I take him serious all the time, but here its a concern from a genuine racer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki Lauda

Lewis Hamilton’s attacking style was under fresh scrutiny after three-time world champion Niki Lauda warned that if the Briton continued to drive as he has been doing “it will result in someone getting killed”.

Lauda called on the governing body to set an example. “What Hamilton did there goes beyond all boundaries,” the Austrian said during his commentary on the German station RTL. “He is completely mad. If the FIA does not punish him, I do not understand the world any more. At some point there has to be an end to all the jokes. You cannot drive like this — as it will result in someone getting killed.”

Hamilton’s criticism of his fellow drivers and race stewards following two collisions at the Monaco Grand Prix a fortnight ago caused outrage, and these latest incidents are sure to add fuel to the debate.

The Briton complained in Monaco that he had been in to see the stewards five times in six races, joking ill-advisedly that they might be targeting him “because I am black”. The 26 year-old managed to keep his cool rather better this time around, and there was some sympathy for him given the conditions.
Lewis Hamilton's Canadian Grand Prix tactics provoke Niki Lauda attack - Telegraph
Old 13th June 2011, 18:47   #65
BANNED

OMG...Why is it so necessary that every F1 thread has to boil down to "HATE MICHAEL SCHUMACHER" thread..

Guys...... Lets leave all the Inferiority complexes apart. Its undoubtedly a known FACT that Michael Schumacher is a LEGEND, and i cant get an infraction for posting real hard facts

I would not see any driver stick on that long in the F1 scene and achieve even half of what he has achieved. Please google around for the correct facts... and prove me wrong... I bet you all Michael bashers for this.

Now can we please discuss MS on his thread, would be a little appropriate there.

Lets get on to the topic..

I am still not able to understand how Jenson Button got away with his antics, and why is there no decision by the Stewards with regards to Hamilton.

Why is Mr. Vijay Mallya conspicuous for F1 scene these days, has he lost interest.... Sutil is not improving. I am feeling sorry for Force India..
Old 13th June 2011, 18:52   #66
BHPian

If you guys have done with you posts, I'd suggest that we create a new thread for this debate. We are hijacking this thread and I am repeating that lets not discuss off topics on here.
I'll bring my "diary" to any thread you guys open for discussing F1 from its inception to its present day. But not on this thread.
There are some genuine montreal posts which are getting dwarfed due to our posts.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:55   #67
BHPian

Sheesh -half of the threads I read on F1 in here have some sort of Michael debate going on. What's with that?

A very good race yesterday. What more can a racing fan ask for? Button drove really well. Of all the front-runners I think this guy has the coolest head on his shoulders. I was really hoping for a Ferrari win but .... Felipe drove well after a long long time and his photo finish was thrilling stuff. Hamilton - what's up with him? Seems he was determined to cut his race short. And then off he went to meet Horner behind closed doors. Who is advising this guy?

For rest of the races - I don't care who wins as long as we get more of what we got to see yesterday.
Old 13th June 2011, 19:07   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Hamilton - what's up with him? Seems he was determined to cut his race short. And then off he went to meet Horner behind closed doors. Who is advising this guy?
Unlike other guys who seem to mature with age, Lewis seems to be going backwards. in 2008-2009, he was really driving like a mature guy, but this year, he seems to be too impatient and too desperate to pass.

I think his association with film stars and pop culture icons is affecting him. He needs to hire someone associated with F1 as a manager, instead of the guy who handles rock starts and film stars.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 19:19   #69
BHPian

I don’t understand why everyone is making a big issue with the way Hamilton drives. He was racing just like anyone else, of course with a different style.

"If you don’t go for an available gap then you are not a racing driver", this is a statement made by arguably the best driver in F1.

At least in Canada, 2011 I don’t see any unnecessary moves made by Hamilton.

With Webber, Webber has the outside line on turn one which is actually the inside line for turn 2, I don’t know why Webber had to change lines there.

With Button, he saw a gap and attacked it, unfortunately due to visibility issues button could not see Hamilton, and hence both collided.

Not sure why people want the drivers to just overtake under DRS or using strategy or in the event the front runner makes a mistake, let them fight it out on track its fun to watch and that is real motor racing.

And why isn’t anyone taking about Alonso’s crash with Button, clearly Button was on the racing line, agreed Alonso was in front but was on the wrong line. He tried to comeback and crashed into Button, and visibility was better than the time when the McLaren’s had the contact.

Last edited by bhagathgowda : 13th June 2011 at 19:30.
Old 13th June 2011, 19:47   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathgowda View Post
I don’t understand why everyone is making a big issue with the way Hamilton drives. He was racing just like anyone else, of course with a different style.

"If you don’t go for an available gap then you are not a racing driver", this is a statement made by arguably the best driver in F1.

At least in Canada, 2011 I don’t see any unnecessary moves made by Hamilton.

With Webber, Webber has the outside line on turn one which is actually the inside line for turn 2, I don’t know why Webber had to change lines there.

With Button, he saw a gap and attacked it, unfortunately due to visibility issues button could not see Hamilton, and hence both collided.

Not sure why people want the drivers to just overtake under DRS or using strategy or in the event the front runner makes a mistake, let them fight it out on track its fun to watch and that is real motor racing.

And why isn’t anyone taking about Alonso’s crash with Button, clearly Button was on the racing line, agreed Alonso was in front but was on the wrong line. He tried to comeback and crashed into Button, and visibility was better than the time when the McLaren’s had the contact.
That is because hamilton's a perceived threat for most drivers..
but surprisingly you will not see vettel fans here bashing him
you'll see fans of schumie, who was a legend in his own right, and heeded the call of going out while on top.
he'll forever be remembered for his greatness and his, ahem, follies....
its the eternal battle of ferrari vs mclaren.
you wont hear anyone talking about his current greatness at mercedes...

without people like him and schumie, taking chances and messing up at times, you'd think f1 was being driven by accountants!
so far the season has been monotonous, except for hamilton's antics!
Old 13th June 2011, 19:54   #71
Senior - BHPian

If ever anyone needed proof that DRS & the Pirelli tyres have made F1 more interesting, please catch the replay of the Canadian GP. Yes, it rained and yes, cars were flying all over the place and yes, there were more tyre changes than laps driven, but the spectacle of formula 1 has gotten ever better with the surge in overtaking maneuvers lately.

Full marks to Jenson for that sensational drive. He was on an absolute charge, huntin 'em down one by one and for once, driving like a world champion that he is. Hamilton could learn a thing or two from Button's drive about controlled aggression. Vettel had a rare slip up on sunday. He will have to make a few more of those if he has to lose the championship from hereon in.
Old 13th June 2011, 20:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
without people like him and schumie, taking chances and messing up at times, you'd think f1 was being driven by accountants!
so far the season has been monotonous, except for hamilton's antics!
With all due respect, even the most ardent Hamilton fan will know that we got a lot of racing entertainment yesterday and he was the last person providing it. Calling all the other racers on the grid accountants - I honestly can't see how is that justifiable. Those drives by Button, Webber, Kobayashi, Felipe were thrilling race drives. Lets not turn this into a partisan discussion where we can rant anything without reason.
Old 13th June 2011, 20:15   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
With all due respect, even the most ardent Hamilton fan will know that we got a lot of racing entertainment yesterday and he was the last person providing it. Calling all the other racers on the grid accountants - I honestly can't see how is that justifiable. Those drives by Button, Webber, Kobayashi, Felipe were thrilling race drives. Lets not turn this into a partisan discussion where we can rant anything without reason.

there would be no point discussing wordplay with you.
so yes, lets not turn it into a partisan discussion , with all due respect, bagged and tagged.
Old 13th June 2011, 22:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I don't know if RB simply didn't have the pace or was Vettel taking it a bit easy thinking that Jenson would not get close enough? I mean, why was he not able to get a bigger gap to MS while MS was holding Webber and Jenson back? I think that's probably where RB lost the race.
RB/Vettel took it a bit easy after the last SC and paid the price:

Q. You just went off, do you remember why exactly?
SV: I was a little bit late on the brakes. Obviously I could feel Jenson was a little bit quicker than us. I should probably have pushed much harder initially after the safety car, after the restart. I was building up something like a four second lead and then I thought that the people behind would run a similar pace so I wasn't trying to pull away too much because I don't know what might happen afterwards with tyres or another safety car phase. I was probably a bit too cautious there. If I would have pulled away by six or seven seconds then it would have been a different story, but like that, at some stage, it was only three.

autosport.com - F1 News: Post-race press conference - Canada
Old 14th June 2011, 07:17   #75
BHPian

I think even McLaren is not sure of how their cars are at the moment. The body language of the RBR bosses is slightly worried since Monaco. Vettel must have judged the gap he needs to open p to the cars hebind him based on his experience of the pace of the guys relative to him. With Lewis out, he could've miscalcutaled Jensons pace and aggression.

With the exhaust blown diffusers banned from Silverstone, the pecking order may well change and for all we know; Sauber may be the car to beat from silverstone.

From BBC's website:
"But the ban will affect all leading teams. Only Sauber, Toro Rosso, Williams, Virgin and Hispania are not using a 'hot-blown blown diffuser. Formula 1 bosses have banned the sport's latest must-have technical tweak from next month's British Grand Prix."
BBC Sport - F1 bosses ban exhaust technology from British GP

Suddenly I dont see Vettel on pole every race. RedBull benefitted greatly by using this technology in qualifying trim, and they changed the engine map for race to consume less fuel.

Anyways this will be interesting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks