Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 10:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: F1 2011 - European Grand Prix VALENCIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The wing movement had been forwarded to FIA & Mclaren team for a response by Scarbs. An update on the same here!

McLaren: European GP wing movement « Scarbsf1's Blog

Video evidence!
Oh! that helps.

I have a question, do teams have control over where to put the camera on the car?
Old 4th July 2011, 13:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I have a question, do teams have control over where to put the camera on the car?
I am sure Mclaren is not too honest to place a camera there and show us the illegal wing movements

So I assume its the FIA that decides on where the cameras are placed!
Old 4th July 2011, 14:02   #63
BHPian

Unless i am mistaken the teams are free to position the camers as they see fit. From the pics of the cars you can make out that all the cars do not have the cameras in the same position. And I have seen it mentioned a few times on the technical analysis section of the official formula1 website where they mention that the position of the cameras has been changed to improve aerodynamics (dont remember which car)
Old 4th July 2011, 14:45   #64
Team-BHP Support

Surprising that the only people who made a fuss about this are members of a forum full of fanboys who have no other work but to bash drivers and teams who beat them. Vettel, Newey, Hamilton and even Petrov to name some. Shows how jobless (and as a result, vicious) some people are that they dig so deep to just try and prove someone is at fault.
Ofcourse, McLaren owns all the other racing websites and even the FIA. Right? Otherwise, it would never have passed scrutiny.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 15:14   #65
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Surprising that the only people who made a fuss about this are members of a forum full of fanboys who have no other work but to bash drivers and teams who beat them. Vettel, Newey, Hamilton and even Petrov to name some. Shows how jobless (and as a result, vicious) some people are that they dig so deep to just try and prove someone is at fault.
Ofcourse, McLaren owns all the other racing websites and even the FIA. Right? Otherwise, it would never have passed scrutiny.
Unfortunately I have no other option than agreeing. It is a sad truth.Even more sad is that more and more people are turning this way in and out of F1 and they are even proud of themselves.
Old 4th July 2011, 15:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too late, but too fast

UPDATE: While I am still awaiting a response from McLaren, I have had a direct reply from Charlie Whiting, FIA Formula One Race Director, to my questions. He responds “The slight anomaly you refer to has been investigated and we have told the team improvements need to be made”. I also asked if this area is subject to any specific deflection tests or construction of the wing\pylon interface “there is no stated permissible deflection of the parts you’re referring to, we do of course have a blanket restriction on any bodywork moving but, in some cases, we define limits given that no bodywork can be designed infinitely rigid”. So it seems any movement there should not be evident at the British GP.

From the Scarbs link I pasted in my previous post. That said, its illegal and the change is supposed to be made to that front wing that stops any movement from BritishGP!

A little time could have been spent on reading the so called fanboy page link I pasted!

Welcome back mate
Old 4th July 2011, 16:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats what ScarbsF1 does.. technically analyses F1. It is his job!
Given the technical nature of the sport, all teams are constantly searching for loopholes in the rules that they can exploit and gain an advantage. A lot of the rules depend on how they are interpreted, they are not in black and white.
Old 4th July 2011, 16:23   #68
Team-BHP Support

First things first, go through the thread again. I never said anything about Craig Scarborough's blog. The fanboy forum I referred to, is mentioned in post 55 - the very first post with reference to this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Given the technical nature of the sport, all teams are constantly searching for loopholes in the rules that they can exploit and gain an advantage. A lot of the rules depend on how they are interpreted, they are not in black and white.
Absolutely true. Couldn't agree more.

About placing cameras, I'd like to quote something that scrabs has written in the same blog.
Quote:
As McLaren place their camera pods on the front wing pylons
Doesn't say anything about the FIA placing cameras.
About what Charlie Whiting said, I think Hatari has correctly put it. There is nothing in Black and White. There are loopholes which all teams exploit.
Old 5th July 2011, 08:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First things first, go through the thread again. I never said anything about Craig Scarborough's blog. The fanboy forum I referred to, is mentioned in post 55 - the very first post with reference to this topic.
Sadly, its the same forum that pointed Scarbs to the video evidence who sent to FIA & Mclaren for clarification. Though FIA clarified that to be illegal, Mclaren has kept quiet on this 'illegal' front wing. One thing for sure, the 'illegal' front wing wont be there in Silverstone.

And regarding Mclaren making the decision to mount a camera there sounds more like they took a shot at their own foot

PS: Please use the 'Quote' or the 'Quote+' buttons. Referring to post #s is old school, however it becomes totally uncomfortable when I have to scroll back and see what post that is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks