Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 18:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: F1 2011 - British GP- Santander

Great race! Super calm drive by Alonso

We were lucky it rained earlier, DRS/KERS by themselves would not have led to any overtaking.

Though the WDC & Constructors titles have pretty much already been decided.
Alonso vs Vettel will be very interesting
Old 12th July 2011, 10:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

Edit: Found this very amusing picture of Vettel' helmet during the FP featuring images of all his mechanics.
A very cool touch by Vettel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
So it's a bit funny that you expect Red Bull to play the game with old rules.
I agree with your comments and no, i was not surprised that they did it. I also expect them use any legal means to consolidate their position - however I was just drawing attention to the point that in a similar situation Red Bull had no alternative solution to offer the sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Alonso vs Vettel will be very interesting
Definitely!! One has all to play for and the other has nothing to loose!!

On the EBD I think the sticking point is the throttle position. RB wants it set at 50% while FiA says 10 - 20 %. Ferrari and Sauber seem not to care either way though they have thrown their weight behind FiA's decision.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 12th July 2011 at 10:46.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
As of 2011 season, team orders are legal. So basically the game and rules have changed. So it's a bit funny that you expect Red Bull to play the game with old rules. .
Yes, Well summarized SilentEngine. Once they are legal Red Bull have full right to enforce it even if they had condemned it earlier.

Besides, Horner did mention that they still would let them race each other. In this situation, he just wanted to make sure that they came away with the points considering it was the last few laps of the race. He said that if it was early in the race or Mark was leading, they wouldve been allowed to fight.
Old 12th July 2011, 20:42   #49
Senior - BHPian

Red Bull Racing's stance is confusing. First they didn't want to do team orders and let their drivers 'race' but when Vettel, their wonder kid is in trouble, they come online and ask the other to back down.

If they are so concerned about the points why can't they have switched places asking Vettel not to fight hard since he had a supposed 'KERS' issue and was losing time to Webber.

Nothing wrong in issuing team orders but when you speak out against other teams in saintly manner we expect you to follow it too.

I don't care if Vettel wins the WDC or not, the coming races should be hell for him with Ferrari and McLaren chasing them like hounds.
Old 12th July 2011, 22:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Red Bull Racing's stance is confusing. First they didn't want to do team orders and let their drivers 'race' but when Vettel, their wonder kid is in trouble, they come online and ask the other to back down.

Nothing wrong in issuing team orders but when you speak out against other teams in saintly manner we expect you to follow it too.
Well said SchumiFan. Horner in his post race session had expressed serious concerns about Webber ignoring the so called team orders.

When Ferrari issued team orders, Horner said "We let our drivers race" and when the same is being done by Red Bull, the very same Horner says "At the end of the day, team is what matters". This very much proves what kind of a hypocrite he is!

P.S: I am neither a RBR fanboy nor Ferrari's
Old 13th July 2011, 04:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there was anything wrong with what Red Bull told Mark Webber to do. How stupid would they have looked if the two cars colided towards the end and gave Mclaren & Ferrari a chance to catch up. Does anyone remember the colission Jenson and Lewis had in Montreal(?) where Jenson asked "What is he doing?" If the team knows they're going to have a 2-3 finish why put that at risk? I know I wouldn't.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:08   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post

If they are so concerned about the points why can't they have switched places asking Vettel not to fight hard since he had a supposed 'KERS' issue and was losing time to Webber.

I don't care if Vettel wins the WDC or not, the coming races should be hell for him with Ferrari and McLaren chasing them like hounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Well said SchumiFan. Horner in his post race session had expressed serious concerns about Webber ignoring the so called team orders.

When Ferrari issued team orders, Horner said "We let our drivers race" and when the same is being done by Red Bull, the very same Horner says "At the end of the day, team is what matters". This very much proves what kind of a hypocrite he is!

P.S: I am neither a RBR fanboy nor Ferrari's
When Horner said they let their drivers race and criticized team orders at Ferrari, there was a rule against team orders. so they criticized an ILLEGAL action.

Now, team orders are allowed. Therefore Horner had every right to impose team orders since it is LEGAL.

As per you guys, they still shouldnt impose team orders since they criticized it earlier! Thats like saying when people criticized the McLaren F duct or the double diffusers, they should have held on to their principles and not designed their own. As long as its legal, every team has the right to use any means to gain a competitive edge.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

And another point to add is that Vettel was ahead of Webber. They didn't make Webber slow down to let Vettel get ahead.

IMO Vettel would have won the race if it wasn't for the slow pit stop. Force India messed up their pit stop too as did Mclaren with Jenson.

Overall I enjoyed this a lot more than Valencia which was borringgg although Montreal was the most action packed race of the season so far.
Old 13th July 2011, 16:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

Jose Froilan Gonzalez scored Ferrari' first ever F1 victory at Silverstone 60 years earlier in the 375 F1. And Alonso drove the car at Silverstone this weekend.

Apparently, Bernie owns this awesome Ferrari 375 F1! It looks just beautiful, doesn't it?
F1 2011 - British GP- Santander-alon_ferr_375_f1_silv_20115.jpg
Look at that exhaust.
F1 2011 - British GP- Santander-alon_ferr_375_f1_silv_20116.jpg
F1 2011 - British GP- Santander-alon_ferr_375_f1_silv_201110.jpg

Pictures courtesy: F1 Fanatic – The Formula 1 Blog — F1 Fanatic – The Formula 1 Blog with F1 news, pictures, video, comment and analysis
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 16:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thats a beauty! Thanks for sharing dude
Old 13th July 2011, 17:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

I have to say I am surprised Ferrari actually allowed Alonso to drive this 60 year old 350hp 280kph car at speed on the track. Remember it has no seat belts and is equipped with drum brakes.
Old 14th July 2011, 13:59   #57
BHPian

OT: what is that big red thing with what looks like tinted mirrors behind the Ferrari 375? Transport vehicle? Container? building? Ship? Looks huge!!
Old 14th July 2011, 14:29   #58
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
I have to say I am surprised Ferrari actually allowed Alonso to drive this 60 year old 350hp 280kph car at speed on the track. Remember it has no seat belts and is equipped with drum brakes.
This is real racing:

Tarmac cutting tyres, no seat belts, drum brakes etc.

I have seen vintage racing a number of times with the 750 motor club. They are fast and scary. Being used to it F1 today makes me yawn.

These were the guys that set land speed records on cobble stone motorways with tyres that compare with today's budget tyres.
Old 14th July 2011, 15:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
OT: what is that big red thing with what looks like tinted mirrors behind the Ferrari 375? Transport vehicle? Container? building? Ship? Looks huge!!
Its the Ferrari motorhome
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 15:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Thats the Ferrari Motorhome on the background
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks