Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 15:53   #16
BHPian

re: Mallya keen to sell Force India stake. EDIT : Confirmed! Sahara comes onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Atleast be proud he is doing something Indian, which make are you?
OT: here is someone selling a product by some name and giving us something else and how on earth can you sweep that under the carpet saying he is an Indian and i got to support him.
Ever wondered why the bangalore IPL team was named as 'Royal Challengers' when all other corporate that invested in IPL named their team as Chennai superkings, Mumbai Indians, Rajasthan Royals, Delhi daredevils, etc with regional references as names, rather than their products as team name?

Anyway I'm out of this thread as I don't want to be labelled anti-national for speaking about a liquor baron and his branding strategies.

Last edited by Daewood : 7th October 2011 at 15:56.
Old 7th October 2011, 16:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Mallya keen to sell Force India stake. EDIT : Confirmed! Sahara comes onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Anyway I'm out of this thread as I don't want to be labelled anti-national for speaking about a liquor baron and his branding strategies.
Mate, Did not mean to be hard on you, apologies if my question made you feel that ways, Do take my pride in being an Indian and that's it. Its all about views and how you see a half filled with water, whether its half empty or half full
Old 7th October 2011, 16:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate, Did not mean to be hard on you, apologies if my question made you feel that ways, Do take my pride in being an Indian and that's it. Its all about views and how you see a half filled with water, whether its half empty or half full
Absolutely not necessary to apologise,
Just wanted to tell you that he isn't as patriotic as you are!!
or else we would have seen an Indian driving for his F1 team.
Old 7th October 2011, 16:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
or else we would have seen an Indian driving for his F1 team.
Sigh that's one regret which i carry too, he could have given Narain or Karun atleast a test driver role before making up his mind for others.
Old 7th October 2011, 17:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please stick the topic of discussion - Whether Mallya is selling the Force India team or not. His alcohol business, patriotism, etc. has no place here.

Last edited by n_aditya : 7th October 2011 at 17:07.
Old 7th October 2011, 17:37   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour or whatever. Has he made money in any business other than alcohol? I'd really like to know.

He just wants to be in the limelight. Nothing more. He bought Deccan airways, complained all along that budget airlines are non-profitable (then why did he buy? To get international license quicker) and now threaten to kill Kingfisher red.

IPL is one big surrogate advertisement canvass for his alcohol business and a cheap Page3 space for his son.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Could be possible. With his airline business in deep trouble, it would not come as a surprise if he chose to spend more of his time fixing that as opposed to his personal commitments to his F1 team.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:40   #23
mgh
BHPian

Don't think Mallya would get out of F1, unless it was losing money heavily. Doesn't seem to be the case. Unlike HRT, he is not choosing his drivers based on the sponsorship they bring. He is trying to bring in better technical people. He will be able to interest better or rather, highly paid drivers (don't know whether even an Alonso could get more points for them with the present car), when the car can compete with the top three teams.
Old 7th October 2011, 18:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Yay. So Sahara will supposedly buy Force India and bring more trash drivers who have business magnates for godfathers. I will shed a tear if Force India folds. They kept out of controversy mostly, apart from the non-payment of various bills. Didn't try cheap publicity by having an Indian driver just for the sake of it. And brought stability to a team which had been through a bad bad time.

I suppose Sahara F1 will run 2 seater F1 cars during races and have one of our useless cricketers sit behind the actual driver to make some more money during the races and make the sport more popular. Come to think of it, this might actually work. I will write to Mr. Roy and ask for my cut.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 20:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
His alcohol business, patriotism, etc. has no place here.
Aditya, Agree and my apologies as well for digressing from the main topic.
Old 7th October 2011, 21:48   #26
Team-BHP Support

No he has no plans of selling Force India:

http://www.firstpost.com/business/no...ya-101545.html

Quote:
Force India Chairman Vijay Mallya has no plans to sell the Formula One team and has pledged a long-term commitment ahead of the country’s maiden grand prix later this month. Media reports in India had said the liquor baron was in talks to sell the team to business conglomerate Sahara Group.
“No question of my getting out of Force India,” Mallya, said in a statement.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th October 2011 at 21:50.
Old 7th October 2011, 23:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No he has no plans of selling Force India:

http://www.firstpost.com/business/no...ya-101545.html
That is similar to what he said right before Fisichella went to Ferrari. Way too much smoke here to not be caused by a fire.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 14:37   #28
Team-BHP Support

Well, it doesn't seem to be a rumour anymore :

Quote:
UB Group's Vijay Mallya is set to sell some stake in his Force India F1 Team to Sahara Group, headed by Subroto Roy.
The two corporate honchos will sign an agreement on Wednesday, which will be followed by an official announcement this evening, according to sources.
The quantum of the stake sale and financial details of the deals could not be immediately ascertained.
Sahara to buy stake in Mallya's Force India F1 team - The Times of India

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th October 2011 at 14:38.
Old 12th October 2011, 17:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Force India rumours persist

Force India rumours persist

Despite a firm denial from team owner Vijay Mallya, rumours persist that a stake in Force India has been sold.

Following months of speculation over the financial health of the Silverstone-based outfit and some of Mallya's other companies, most notably Kingfisher Airlines, which is said to be $1.5bn in debt, over the Suzuka weekend it was claimed that the team was on the verge of being sold to the Sahara Group, an Indian conglomerate with interests that include financial services, city development, print and television media, film production, sports, information technology, health care, tourism, hospitality and consumer products.

In response to the speculation, on the opening day of the Suzuka weekend, Mallya issued a statement: "I was shocked to read a media report that I am selling the Force India Formula One team," it read. "This is completely untrue and without any basis whatsoever. I take great pride in having been able to put an Indian team on the Formula One World Championship grid and have worked very hard to greatly improve the performance of the team.

"Now that India is finally on the Formula One World Championship calendar, my commitment to Force India becomes even stronger," Mallya insisted. "As Team Principal, I will continue to run the team and I have no plans whatsoever to exit."

However, the rumours persist and today sections of the Indian media report that an agreement which will see Mallya sell a stake in the team will be officially confirmed later today.

While neither party is making any comment at present it will be interesting to see how this develops especially as some are claiming that the purchase of a stake in the team is the first move in a plan which will see Mallya completely bought out before very much longer.

Source : pitpass - Force India rumours persist
Old 12th October 2011, 17:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Well, Mallya's style, one step at a time. The same thing happened to Air Deccan, 1st, Mallya's bought stake of 50% and then took over Air Deccan and then closed it. Its a mirror image with Force India F1 team.

Does Sahara know any thing on F1???

-Sajan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks