Hamilton 10 24.39%
Alonso 7 17.07%
Schumacher 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 14:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indian GP predictions

With the Bharat GP only a few weeks away I just wanted to measure how good Tbhp will be in predicting the winner and why of course.

Traditionally a super fast circuit like Buddh International would have meant that McLaren had the edge over Red Bull, but not in 2011. This year has all been about Vettel and Red Bull (ok 2010 as well), albeit both McLaren and Button have been very strong the past few races. The options are:
  • Vettel - Clear favorite, has no more championship pressures, although crumbled in the rare occasions he was put under pressure, Button in Canada, Alonso in Japan.
  • Button - Driving at his best now and has finally got the car he wanted. Preserves tires, well executed overtakes. Although there are faster drivers out there.
  • Webber - Abundance of talent and experience but has to live under his team mates shadow. Any hands for the underdog.
  • Hamilton - The biggest disappointment so far. He seems shocked by the rise of his team mate in McLaren and his own bad luck. Can never write off that immense talent, he's already made a comeback in China. Massa doesn't think so.
  • Alonso - The prancing horse is grazing at the moment, not the fastest car or even close. Podium maybe, a win don't think so. He's still third in the championship and Ferrari are planning to start trying out 2012 parts. Still a long shot.
  • Schumacher - I know, I know. Would be amazing though, I am a biased fan. Who knows, Delhi hit by thunder showers, Schumi in the wet. Takers anyone?!
I pick Button because of his amazing form. Poll closes on the 27th. Don't want anyone taking clues from practice times!
Old 12th October 2011, 14:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Indian GP predictions

I think its gonna be Button. Vettel has proved himself and would surely be in all anxiety to take this one home too. But the pressure is off and he might, just might be in that mood to give it easy.

Button has the best car and good form. Hope to see some great action on our soil soon.
Old 12th October 2011, 16:00   #3
BHPian

Love the title of the thread.

Hope the event goes on well without any hiccups and India emerges a winner and finds a permanent place in the GP calendar.
Old 13th October 2011, 10:54   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

hamilton seems to have focussed his piss-offedness at everything that moves around him to good drives to some extent.
I believe he'll finally get to climb up some steps....
crossed, fingers are.
Old 13th October 2011, 11:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think Vettel was driving well within himself in the last 1-2 races due to the championship being so close. Now the pressue is off him - and strangely enough, he is the one guy from the top-5 who has nothing to lose anymore. All the others are in the fight for 2nd place. So I think Vettel might just turn up the wick a little bit more.

Button seems to be in fine form, so he is definitely a strong contender for the race.
Old 14th October 2011, 17:59   #6
BHPian

Given the way Vettel is driving and Red Bull car is performing, I don't think there will be any suprises in the race. But as a biased fan, I want Schumi to win it. It will hit the headlines and will help in making Buddh International circuit more popular.

O Lord, Rain Lord, please listen to a fan heart and show your power on the D-day.
Old 17th October 2011, 17:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Having clinched both championships, redbull will be in celebratory mode. Far from being complacent, they might just try to win the rest of the races this year. Vettel needs to do just that to equal Schumacher's record. That is motivation enough for him.
Old 18th October 2011, 00:30   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

For me its hamilton. Looks like he is back to form after keeping webber behind him lap after lap in korea. Webber had a faster car than Hamilton.

Also, hope Force India gets a double points finish.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 08:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am all for Hamilton but it will be great to watch Vettel, Button, Hamilton, Schumi battle it out.

Who is racing from Force India? Is it going to be Sutil, could not find his name in the poll.
Old 21st October 2011, 15:33   #10
BHPian

Wont the Indian F1 track suite the Ferrari's? just a guess
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

@ Sajands,

At the present moment nothing suits the Ferraris. It will in all probability be a Red Bull vs Mclaren fight with RB having the edge. I hope it will rain and all strategies go haywire!!
Old 22nd October 2011, 17:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

My vote for Michael Schumacher. With current MB car it will be impossible, but still I love to see him win.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 26th October 2011, 19:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

Looks like most people have opted for the safe choice aka. Vettel. Although I pray the actual race throws up a few surprises!!
Old 26th October 2011, 21:29   #14
BHPian

Voted for Hamilton. But I wouldn't mind if button wins. I dont want Vettel to win, there wont be any more excitement/fun factor if Vettel win again.
Old 27th October 2011, 17:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

Here are the final Tbhp predictions for the Indian race:
  1. Vettel
  2. Hamilton
  3. Button/Alonso
  4. Schumacher
  5. Webber
Albeit I still hope Vettel doesn't run away with this one as well!!

Most Viewed