Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 18:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Formula 1 Airtel Grand Prix Of India

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I have seen one advertisement about Mahindra Scorpio being associated with some track duties. Is it for safety car? I have seen Mercedes car to be safety car most of the times.
No, safety car is the gorgeous SLS-AMG.
Mahindra Scorpios will be official intervention vehicles along with Getaways which will be the support vehicles.
Old 27th October 2011, 00:24   #32
BHPian

Formula 1 in India

Formula 1 is on this weekend.,Autoweek just came out with virtual track of the Buddh circuit in suburb of Delhi..Please check it out

Taking a virtual lap on the Indian Grand Prix track: Autoweek TV - Autoweek

Happy Diwali to all and Happy New Year
TRAUMASURG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 00:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Some lows captured from the circuit!

PS: Credit to AtlasF1

The kerbs losing the paint even before the cars could start their usual abuse!

2011 Formula 1 Airtel Grand Prix Of India-gpdehli2011impressionenfotoshowimage98a18a93547157.jpg

Pirelli tires
2011 Formula 1 Airtel Grand Prix Of India-12368r.jpg

I am sure there is a lot of effort put by the Jaypee group and all parties involved trying to make the IndianGP a big success. However, these small things will be mocked at by global audience. I hope this is taken care the right way
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 12:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

McLaren video simulation of Indian F1 track

McLaren video simulation of Indian F1 track

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th October 2011, 12:27   #35
BHPian

Just found out on Twitter that one very famous Japanese Photographer had to pay our babus a bribe of more than 100 USD ( inside a toilet no less ) to let him bring his camera into India. Unfortunately, the more things change, the more they remain the same in our country. All these guys care is about filling their own pockets, forget about the image of the country or being good hosts.

Also, there is a powercut at the circuit today. Hope that something like this doesn't happen on race day or during quali and we lose the timings :.
Old 27th October 2011, 12:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

FIA confirms double DRS zone for Indian Grand Prix

FIA confirms double DRS zone for Indian Grand Prix

2011 Formula 1 Airtel Grand Prix Of India-bic.jpg

The FIA has revealed the DRS zones for the upcoming Indian Grand Prix, which will see the return of a double area for use of the device.

The first detection zone will be placed 10 meters after Turn 15 of the new Buddh circuit, with the activation 36 meters after Turn 16, leaving drivers with a bit part of the shorter straight to try to overtake.

The second DRS zone will be placed 16m before Turn 3 (detection) and 510m after the same corner (activation), which will give drivers more than half of the longer straight to overtake rivals.

Source: FIA confirms double DRS zone for Indian Grand Prix - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

WOW! DRS is no more a sitting duck business. Just slipstream and you get another chance to re-overtake. It's going to be a stunning Diwali cracker.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th October 2011, 12:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

India preview quotes: Force India

India preview quotes: Force India

Paul di Resta

Q. Paul, how excited are you ahead of the very first Indian Grand Prix?

Obviously this is a massive race for us in a very special place. It's the first race for India, taking Formula 1 to a new culture, and a great opportunity for us to put on a great show for the fans. When you consider what Dr. Mallya has already done by creating an Indian team, this is the next step to really put Formula 1 on the map in India.

Q. What do you know about the track?

Not a massive amount, to be honest. We did a simulator session last week, but because it's a brand new track there are still a lot of unknowns and question marks about the characteristics of the track.

The layout looks interesting and the good thing for me is that it's a new track for everyone to learn. Getting up to speed will be key and the grip will build up throughout the weekend, but as long as we find a good balance by Saturday we should be okay.

Q. What result would make you happy this weekend?

We will go there and do our maximum. Obviously each race is important because the same number of points are on offer, but there's no denying that a strong result in the team's home race would feel special for all of us. So there will be a lot of attention on us, but we will go there ready to fight and grab some more points.

Adrian Sutil

Q. Adrian, we're all set for the Indian Grand Prix. How will it feel to race in India?

It will be a very special moment. I've been with this team since the beginning and seen the progress we have made together, so it's a proud moment to be starting the Indian Grand Prix with the only Indian team. I'm sure sitting on the grid will feel a bit different and I will always remember this race.

Q. What are realistic expectations for the weekend?

I think based on our recent performances we go to Delhi believing we can score points, and we need to do that to strengthen our position in the championship. We can dream of a podium, but we also have to be realistic. There should be massive support for the team and it would be the icing on the cake if we can give everybody a special result to celebrate.

Q. Because it's a new circuit, does that change your approach?

Maybe we will run a little bit more than usual, but we know how to cope with new circuits because we had the same situation in Korea last year. With a new track it just takes a bit longer for the grip to come up and you have to do more set-up work than usual. I always enjoy experiencing a new track so I'm looking forward to it.

Q. You know India well from your many visits there - how do you think the Indian fans have embraced the sport?

Every time I go there Formula 1 seems to become even more popular, and having a race there will add even more interest. I hope this year we will have more fans cheering us than any other team.

Source: India preview quotes: Force India - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th October 2011, 16:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Schumacher believes Buddh circuit could help Mercedes enjoy stronger weekend

Schumacher believes Buddh circuit could help Mercedes enjoy stronger weekend

Michael Schumacher believes Mercedes could be strong in the Indian Grand Prix thanks to the nature of the circuit.

With the Buddh track expected to be one of fastest tracks of the calendar, the German squad has a good chance of shining this weekend, having shown its car is very fast over long straights.

Schumacher reckons the team may be able to aim for higher places this weekend.

"I guess it is more to do with nature of tracks that one suits us more than others and therefore we might have a chance to go a bit further forward than being seventh and eighth," said Schumacher on Thursday.

"This track honestly plays a bit in our hands and can be helpful. Qualifying can be difficult but race we look stronger recently.

Schumacher admits Mercedes has to accept the situation it is in, with the team having failed to be competitive enough this year, but concedes winning races soon is important.

"I think it is very important for all of us, that is what we are here for," added the German. "All of us involved in teams know the taste of winning races and the championship, and that is what we are here for.

"We know we are in the situation we face right now - only way is to keep focused. We are building future of Mercedes and we wants to take fruits of that sooner rather than later."

Source: Schumacher believes Buddh circuit could help Mercedes enjoy stronger weekend - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 28th October 2011, 10:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone watching FP1 right now? Schumacher has the best time so far. Everything seems to be going fine except for a stray dog that ran out onto the road
Old 28th October 2011, 11:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

The stands seem a bit empty. Definitly not 80% full. I hope there will be more people there for the race.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Is anyone watching FP1 right now?
Yes, I am watching the live stream on my laptop. My fav Vettel on top of timing sheets right now

Indian GP seems to be turning out just right. Paint peeling off from kerbs and one incident of stray dog should not be a biggie. We still don't know what surprises are in store ahead though.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Yes, I am watching the live stream on my laptop. My fav Vettel on top of timing sheets right now

Indian GP seems to be turning out just right. Paint peeling off from kerbs and one incident of stray dog should not be a biggie. We still don't know what surprises are in store ahead though.
Hey , could I have a link please! Dying to catch the action
Old 28th October 2011, 11:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Fp1 is over. Hamilton has the best time.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Hey , could I have a link please! Dying to catch the action

You can get Livetiming on the Official F1 website.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:34   #45
BHPian

Hamilton tops free practice one. but one turn where almost seven to eight drivers went on grass looks very exciting for the race day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks