Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:20   #16
BHPian

Re: R.I.P Marco Simoncelli

Could not have imagined this in my wildest dreams. One look at Rossi's face after the incident told the inevitable. Man...Marco of all people. This is astonishing. Just 5 mts before the accident he was showing of his website.

I am shell shocked.
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Hate the sport. Moto GP won't be the same w/o him.

Don't think I am getting any sleep anytime soon.

RIP Simo :"(
Attached Thumbnails
R.I.P Marco Simoncelli-marcon.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2011, 23:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

RIP Simoncelli! You will be missed :'(

I am still shocked! Very unfortunate accident!
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:28   #19
BHPian

Sad news indeed. Rest in peace Simoncelli. He was the only interesting rider in this MotoGP season.
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:28   #20
BHPian

R.I.P. Marco. Whats with motorsports these days? The other day another driver Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon died in a 15-car crash in Las Vegas in the Indy Car series. And just the other day last year's MotoGP champ Jorge Lorenzo crashed during warm-ups in Australia, severing a finger.
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

RIP Marco Simoncelli.

I didn't catch the race live, but saw the discussion on Marco's accident in another forum. Usually, riders come out OK from horrific-looking accidents, so I was hoping for the best. Then I watched the youtube video posted on that forum and immediately wished I hadn't. The official news of his death came soon after. Sad, very sad.
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

I was with my friends when I decided to check my FB profile and saw someone had posted about 2 deaths in 2 weeks in motorsports.
Got back home to be greeted by the tragic news of Simoncelli's passing. Saw the video and was absolutely gutted.
God give the Simoncelli family the strength to cope with the tragedy and give Rossi and Edwards the strength to fight off their inner demons which is bound to prick them for the rest of their careers.
The MotoGP world just lost it's most charismatic character in Marco.
RIP Super Sic, you will be sorely missed...
Old 23rd October 2011, 23:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
RIP Marco Simoncelli.

I didn't catch the race live, but saw the discussion on Marco's accident in another forum. Usually, riders come out OK from horrific-looking accidents, so I was hoping for the best. Then I watched the Youtube video posted on that forum and immediately wished I hadn't. The official news of his death came soon after. Sad, very sad.
Couldn't have said that any better SS, depressing video whose images will linger in my head for a long time to come.
Old 24th October 2011, 00:44   #24
BHPian

Absolutely shocking. My father is a huge Simoncelli fan and followed almost every race. Its a huge loss to moto gp's future and to his family. May god be with them in this testing time.
Old 24th October 2011, 01:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Shattered!

Had been following him since his 250 days. What an gutsy rider!!

A future world champion for sure.
Old 24th October 2011, 05:06   #26
Team-BHP Support

R.I.P Simoncelli.. very very sad day :-(
Old 24th October 2011, 09:28   #27
Team-BHP Support

This thought isn't sinking in. He was so full of life. He was infectious to those who saw him, even though we didn't know him. He was a rare breed. The world was better to have had him in it.

Quote:
Valentino Rossi has secluded himself form the public eye, grieving on his own for the loss of close friend Marco Simoncelli. He wasn't merely a colleague of Rossi's, but someone he hung out with, joked with, trained with... Perhaps he couldn't even consider Marco a full on rival, as true friendship forces you to make certain concessions.

Today Vale finds himself faced with one of the most difficult challenges that any human being can face: losing someone you are close to. A friend. And not just that, but seeing it happen right there in front of you, and perhaps even playing a part in it, helpless to avoid the cruel fate that destiny has bestowed upon you.

The accident was impossible to avoid, despite Rossi's best attempt to steer his bike around the fallen rider. By the time the news was confirmed, Valentino had already left his garage, choosing to deal with the horrible event in his own way, and by himself. Davide Brivio was right when he said it was stupid to ask how Rossi was feeling right now, and that it would be the Ducati rider who decided when it was time to speak. Nobody can express his thoughts and feelings for him, especially not the vile human beings seeking to profit from the event by posting fake goodbye letters from Rossi on the internet.

Valentino RossiWhat's certain is that the images in Valentino's mind will be those of a friend, a rider who was different from the others. When the two of them crossed paths in a race earlier this season, Marco didn't give an inch to Vale. Rossi then handled the incident with the calm and stern wisdom one would expect from an older brother. "He took advantage of me while I was struggling - the Ducati rider said with a smile on his face - but I'll have my chance to respond in my own way."

Valentino also sought to protect and to shelter Simoncelli, especially when the other riders were criticizing him, knowing full well that Sic's aggressive riding style was only a result of sincere over exuberance. You knew this was true from the way that Marco looked and talked, and he was the only rider that Valentino genuinely didn't get upset about losing to. Simoncelli's respect and admiration for Rossi was such that he often said he hoped Rossi would solve his problems at Ducati, so the two of them could race one another in every GP.

All that remains now are the memories. The memories of the battles, the laughs, the times spent together. The pain he is enduring is the one that makes him the equal of the greatest riders of all time, and the equal every other person in the world. And like every other person, he should be treated with dignity and respect.
Spies
Quote:
We all have to reach down deep to get through this.
Simoncelli, we will remember you.
A video tribute to Simo
Attached Thumbnails
R.I.P Marco Simoncelli-7gresini_box_05.jpg  

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli-300614_2059891261264_1364136268_1766405_951074444_n.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 09:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Due to exams , I wasn't aware that there was a race . As soon as I read the newspaper , I was dead shocked , shaked to core ! Saw the video , and I'm stunned ! What a loss ! R I P SIMO , the MotoGP will be different without you !
Old 24th October 2011, 09:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Another sad week for motor sports. Two great names died within two weeks, it really is a tragic time.
RIP Marco, you will be missed.
Old 24th October 2011, 10:18   #30
BANNED

Really tragic. I quite liked him, but due to the Rugby WC Final was not watching the channel all the time. A real fearless chap. RIP

One point - how did his helmet come off? Also,two fatalities in sort order, just brings out once again that motorsport is still a high risk activity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks