mgh
BHPian

Gulshan Grover to make film on Formula 1

Gulshan Grover planning film on F1 - The Times of India
mgh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 11:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gulshan Grover to make film on Formula 1

Uh oh, Gulshan Grover? Shah Rukh Khan? Bernie Ecclestone? Sounds like a recipe for disaster
Old 14th November 2011, 13:11   #3
BHPian

I doubt Bernie would let Gullu dada make a movie on F1. And even if he did, I doubt he can afford the money that Bernie would be asking for it. Stallone's "Driven" was originally planned to be a movie involving F1 cars but Bernie didn't let him do that ( Thank God for that ) .
Newpunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 13:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

What a stupid idea?
Will it start with a item number?
Old 14th November 2011, 13:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

First Ra.One and G.One and now F1.

Trust No.One other than Gulshan Grover to come up with such an idea. Is K.Jo directing this flick? Wonder who the heroine/lead actress is. Rakhi Sawant?
Old 14th November 2011, 14:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

Apart from the Indian GP that he showed up at, has he been involved with cars/racing/F1 in any way to make a movie on F1?!

I think people have realized the reach F1 has among Indians and want to tap the potential of commercializing it on the screen.

So, there'll a racer who's been a champion before, then meets with a girl, falls in love, father objects, he has an accident and then comes back to win the title again. There'll be romance, drama, action and maybe a second or two of a race car that poorly resembles an F1 car. Damn! Why didn't I buy the rights myself!

Anil Kapoor re-making 24, Gulshan Grover making a film on F1, what has the world come to!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 14:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

SRK as lead? Surely, it will be a challenge for him. He will have to find out a way to overt-act on his driving scenes. It will be fun to imagine how they will script out driving scenes to look "spectacular".

- Driving at race speed without a front wing.
- setting the fastest lap with a flat tyre.
- taking a race win on 3 wheels (MS, Spa 98 though he drove back to his garage only to confront DC)
- Wheelie in an F1 car at starts
Old 14th November 2011, 15:13   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

He says his script is ready. Here is a sneak peek at what's inside:

- Two brothers are separated at birth. Both of them end up becoming drivers of the same team (and obviously don't know about it). One is a honourable driver, the other is a stubble-wearing cheat who speaks in munnabhai language.

- Pit babe no.1 is Rakhi Sawant. She - inexplicably - breaks into an item number. Anytime she wants.

- Rajnikant is the owner of the Red Bull Team. He, Vettel and that dominating car can do anything. Serious.

- Bang in the middle of C2, there is a beautiful tree. The lead actor & actress will fall in love in the middle of a dance around this tree.

- The hero will change his racing suit several times. In the middle of a race.

- When two drivers are racing neck to neck, the one who downshifts and presses the accelerator fully is the one who wins.

- Goondas enter the track in the climax scene. They shoot everyone, and everyone dies (including Bernie). Only the actor, actress and their families magically emerge without a single injury. The police arrive shortly afterward.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 17:35   #9
mgh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

- Two brothers are separated at birth. Both of them end up becoming drivers of the same team (and obviously don't know about it). One is a honourable driver, the other is a stubble-wearing cheat who speaks in munnabhai language.

- Pit babe no.1 is Rakhi Sawant. She - inexplicably - breaks into an item number. Anytime she wants.

- Rajnikant is the owner of the Red Bull Team. He, Vettel and that dominating car can do anything. Serious.

- Bang in the middle of C2, there is a beautiful tree. The lead actor & actress will fall in love in the middle of a dance around this tree.

- When two drivers are racing neck to neck, the one who downshifts and presses the accelerator fully is the one who wins.

- Goondas enter the track in the climax scene. They shoot everyone, and everyone dies (including Bernie). Only the actor, actress and their families magically emerge without a single injury. The police arrive shortly afterward.

When he went to the Indian Grand Prix, I was sure he had an ulterior motive. Didn't know how ulterior at that time!
Old 14th November 2011, 18:08   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

wonder if people did a crooked mouth "that's a lie" when Stallone made driven?

Quick!
name an earlier car racing hindi movie!
i cant think of one immediately, so going to make one up.
all i remember is racing in "jo jeeta...."
and a car in another one.

so we may get "Jo jeeta wahi tarzan!"

EDIT:
ref next post
@joslicx: tara rum pum!!
thank you.

Last edited by mayankk : 14th November 2011 at 18:22.
Old 14th November 2011, 18:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Wasnt there already a movie like that? I think Saif Ali Khan was in that movie. Lotsa melodrama and songs... Forgot the name. I think it was on Nascar if I remember correctly.
Old 14th November 2011, 18:19   #12
mgh
BHPian

I remember three
One was Apradh *ng Feroze Khan and Mumtaz, where Feroze Khan was a Racing driver, Saazish with Dharmendra and Saira Banu, where Dharmendra was a race car driver, and the one with Shah Rukh Khan as a racing driver was Baazigar.
Old 14th November 2011, 19:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Oh Good Lord! Ok, my 2 cents:

SRK might just have an off-track excursion mid race, in his ever-so-sturdy F1 car to chase Grover and his baddies who have kidnapped his gyrating girl friend. Incidentally, they are on horse back.

Mind you, Grover had also killed SRK's dad who was an honest police officer. SRK took to F1 to channel his anger...untill...you guessed it, he fell head over heels with his belly dancing, skimpy dressing girl friend.

He beats up the baddies and returns with girl friend atop his car. And rejoins race and still manages to win. His white sari wearing mother is looking on from the stands, praying hard for divine intervention. SRK duely dedicates win to his mother, much to the dismay of his now covered up girl friend.

The End.
Old 14th November 2011, 20:28   #14
BHPian

I would go and watch this movie just for the unintentional comedy it would inevitably have lol!

Mom: Son, how will you win the race with the slowest car?
SRK: I will drive faster than everyone else, brake later and overtake everyone

On a serious note, Bernie won't let this happen thankfully.
Old 14th November 2011, 21:47   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

That was a awesome story GTO.

Guess what. one of the brother's car fails in between the race.. an emotional scene, slow motion.. heroin shouts from the pits, "Cummooonnnnn..!!" the driver says "aarrgghhhhh.." and wolla, the car is up and running, and guess what its more powerful than ever..

The car zooms ahead, taking the on position 3rd then 2nd like they are the nanos (on cng kit). Then, head to head with the first. . racing on.. the cars zooming ahead at speeds of over 350 kmph.. and suddenly.. on the older brother's radio.. "ye tumhara bhai hai..!!".. he raises his foot from the accelarator and lets the younger brother win...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks